Is Pelini losing it already?

Hunter94

Wow, I am not happy with how we played Saturday either but I am shocked at this over reaction! Our offense is not performing up to par, yet are ranked #56, our Defense is currently ranked #11. If that dosen't show marked improvement I don't know what does.

Most of the short comings of our offense I hate to say might just be a lack of playmakers. I am not saying we don't have any, they are just either under performing or are young and have not developed yet.

I have been disappointed with the development of our recieving corps for quite a while now. I see many colleges around the country able to develop young recievers that are able to make a major impact and I have always been disappointed that we haven't been able to do that.

The same could be said of our RB's with the exception of Burkhead of course. It seems like Ward, and Okafor should be ready to contribute.

The o-line is probably the biggest disappointment of all! I am not so sure that the biggest problem they face is switching from the backpedaling pass block schemes to the road grading run blocking we are all so used to seeing. It seems to take several run plays in succession to get them going.

All in all though we have a team that plays hard, and with pride. For the most part, and that is the biggest improvement I have seen. They got hit square in the mouth Saturday, and the defense didn't lay down at all. The offense on the other hand looked really fursterated.

I do like Bo and think he's the right guy. He will make the right adjustments to keep us going in the right direction. It's obvious to me that's going to take some time to get the whole team playing at a high level. They will find a way to score, but it's not going to be pretty.

Look at what a few key injuries has done to the Sooners season. That's really the same thing that's hurting us right now. Helu's dingged, Rex is out, a couple of our linemen won't play that were looking like they might be in the rotation. Spano might have been able to step in and provide a spark with more knowledge of the offense. But alas, it all adds up.

And we need to be careful with the boo's, that has always made me hang my head no matter what the fans are booing about. It's all about perception.

Keep the faith.

GBR

IMO Bo is not the problem right now...........the BIGGER problem is our Offense and the playing calling.

The only reason why people are talking about Bo's behavior is because its more of an interesting story and the jouralist who wrote this article is just stirring the pot. Instead of worring about Bo's post game interview I think that we have bigger problems to worry about which is the Offense that in two straight games hasn't scored a TD until the 4th quarter and took about almost 8 quarters on the road to score a TD.

As far as Bo losing it, I just think he may be kind of a D-Bag. That may just be me though.

Probably true. But most successful people are. Especially big time football coaches. Not necessarily a bad thing all the time. Like you said, at least he's sticking up for his players.

We could have worse d-bags as a coach. There are plenty of coaches who are giant douches off the field and away from the cameras (see my current home state), which I think is more annoying that what Bo does to the refs and on the coach's show. At least Bo doesn't try to hide it.

i dont get whats wrong? the guy says that they fans dont have a say in how he runs the program!

should they?

ans: no.

who do you think pays for all the programs at NU the fans, more specifically the FOOTBALL fans. Why does IMG and Addidas write big checks only one reason THE FOOTBALL FANS

He better know this

TO cares what the fans think and Bo is again quick to stick his main support the fans and the media! He does not get it? It is the JERK SCHOOL OF COACHING.

He acts like some ass NFL coach who is about to get fired not a Husker Head Coach!

He looks like Mack Brown's exact oppisite. Is he from Bizzaro World?

So we have the AP Olson Lee B at OWH and Sipple at LJS all with the same conclusion... Good luck Bol you are going to need some soon!

633716252838407560-cocaine.jpg

i dont get whats wrong? the guy says that they fans dont have a say in how he runs the program!

should they?

ans: no.

who do you think pays for all the programs at NU the fans, more specifically the FOOTBALL fans. Why does IMG and Addidas write big checks only one reason THE FOOTBALL FANS

He better know this

TO cares what the fans think and Bo is again quick to stick his main support the fans and the media! He does not get it? It is the JERK SCHOOL OF COACHING.

He acts like some ass NFL coach who is about to get fired not a Husker Head Coach!

He looks like Mack Brown's exact oppisite. Is he from Bizzaro World?

So we have the AP Olson Lee B at OWH and Sipple at LJS all with the same conclusion... Good luck Bol you are going to need some soon!

633716252838407560-cocaine.jpg

:laughpound

Whenever I see twodocs in the discussion, I take my cues from Bilbo Baggins: I think I'm quite ready to start (yet) another adventure.

Wow!!! Nebraska is about pride and integrity. All you fans who are talking smack on Bo should start watching the games played in Columbia, MO. Not Lincoln, NE. Bo will be fine and so will the program. Patience is key right now. We clap for other teams when they beat us we boo our team when we lose?? Makes absolute zero sense. Grow up and give the man a chance. He has been here for less than twenty F'n games. There is no dominant team in college football. An upset is possible every game and we freak over a good Texas Tech team beating us. All I know is I will be at the stadium saturday and win or lose at the end of the game I will stand and clap for the Cornhuskers because a true NEBRASKA fan supports his team even when they lose.

Wow!!! Nebraska is about pride and integrity. All you fans who are talking smack on Bo should start watching the games played in Columbia, MO. Not Lincoln, NE. Bo will be fine and so will the program. Patience is key right now. We clap for other teams when they beat us we boo our team when we lose?? Makes absolute zero sense. Grow up and give the man a chance. He has been here for less than twenty F'n games. There is no dominant team in college football. An upset is possible every game and we freak over a good Texas Tech team beating us. All I know is I will be at the stadium saturday and win or lose at the end of the game I will stand and clap for the Cornhuskers because a true NEBRASKA fan supports his team even when they lose.

Did you say the same thing when Bill was in his second year? I hope so, because that 2005 team was actually pretty decent (disclaimer: that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been fired in 2007). Analyzing issues on a bulletin board does not necessarily equal smack talk. Nobody here wants to fire your Bofriend.

In the crazy world of college football where you are expected to win and win now, the pressure has to be overwhelming. Throw in football at Nebraska where anything less than a conference title and vying for the national championship is considered an unsuccessful season and then you're really under the gun.

Who of us can say that we would not act a little "heated" under this kind of pressure? I say cut the guy some slack. My other advice would be to the media and I would advice them to not ask stupid, moronic questions about the decision to hand out blackshirts after a coach just got beat 31-10. :bang

“Fans can say anything they want,” Pelini said. “When they earn the title of head coach, they can make the decisions. Until then, I’ll make the decisions around here, along with Coach (Shawn) Watson and the rest of the coaching staff. They can boo me, they can say whatever the heck they want. They can choose to boo, they can do what they want. But we’re going to do what we feel is necessary to win football games. Period. End of story.

“I don’t get influenced by what the fans or the media or anybody else does. When they want to come in here and watch the film and they earn the title and earn the respect of being a head coach, they can start making the decisions. Until then, the buck stops here.”

How many of the folks on here that are telling the people that don’t like Bo’s behavior to take a hike are calling for Watson’s head or Zac Lee’s or were saying “I’ll boo if I want to”? Because it would appear to me that he is talking about YOU.

“Fans can say anything they want,” Pelini said. “When they earn the title of head coach, they can make the decisions. Until then, I’ll make the decisions around here, along with Coach (Shawn) Watson and the rest of the coaching staff. They can boo me, they can say whatever the heck they want. They can choose to boo, they can do what they want. But we’re going to do what we feel is necessary to win football games. Period. End of story.

“I don’t get influenced by what the fans or the media or anybody else does. When they want to come in here and watch the film and they earn the title and earn the respect of being a head coach, they can start making the decisions. Until then, the buck stops here.”

How many of the folks on here that are telling the people that don’t like Bo’s behavior to take a hike are calling for Watson’s head or Zac Lee’s or were saying “I’ll boo if I want to”? Because it would appear to me that he is talking about YOU.

Not me, check the threads. Now can I tell you to take a hike? :) (I used the smiley face hope'n you would take that in a joking way)