All of your negativity...

NoDoubt

If someone already touched on this...I DONT CARE, I can't read anymore of these negative posts.

How does is look to recruits when after one game, people are calling for the coaches/players heads? I even saw some jackass with a fire Watso sign in his yard...I bet that kind of garbage is very comforting to offensive recruits. It was Texas Tech, one year removed from their best team ever, not Fla Atlantic. And we had so many missed opportunities, and they got so lucky...in fact I think both our losses can be partially blamed on receivers not catching balls.

Oh yea, we were booing the Refs not the team or BO, I was siting right there.

PS, I have the flu and I can barely make it to the couch to type a message, those kids PLAYED FOOTBALL like this in the pouring rain, and all we do is bitch and complain.

Go Bo

Go Cody

Go Big Red

This kind of stuff happens at all the big schools. I dont see recruiting hurting Florida, Texass, Michigan, USC, or Notre Shame for that matter. I think we have a real issue that needs to be addressed in regards to recruiting. We only have 9 commits so far and that is before our recruiting was allegedly being hurt by the fans. We should have twice that many by the beginning of the season. If we fill out this class with nothing but leftovers that should be playing D-2, we are going to be looking for a new coach in 3 years.

Recruiting is all about handling. I doubt the guys coming in get a tour of area homes, so they won't see yards signs. I also doubt the coaches are pointing potential players to media sources and message boards. Maybe some venture out on the internet and see some negative stuff, but if the coaches have talked to them in the right way they are going to think.... Man, that team needs me.

Face it, most of these guys are arrogant and believe they are the answer to what is ailing the school. Imagine yourself at 18 years of age. Now add incredible athletic ability that has always gotten you notice and special treatment. These guys think they can walk on water...some can, and almost all of them will not be detered by "negativity"

These recruits aren't stupid. If we were booing the players, they saw what was going on out there on the field. They know why those guys were getting booed.

The recruits are going to be far more heavily influenced by the play on the field and their interaction with the coaches than by a few boos. And frankly, if a kid isn't coming here because a few fans booed, do we really want him anyway?

Well be negative all you want, I chose to stay positive and thankful for the progress we've made. I also know that if a few things would have gone our way we could be sitting with 1 or no losses.

Do some things need to change...yes, but give them some time to work things out.

We were booing the refs not the team or coach.

Well be negative all you want, I chose to stay positive and thankful for the progress we've made.

The fact that I disagree with this premise doesn't mean I'm advocating negativity. If this is a thread about general negativity, you may want to change the OP. I thought this was a thread about how booing affects recruiting.

Well be negative all you want, I chose to stay positive and thankful for the progress we've made.

The fact that I disagree with this premise doesn't mean I'm advocating negativity. If this is a thread about general negativity, you may want to change the OP. I thought this was a thread about how booing affects recruiting.

Done.

My point is is that I would now want to play for a team in which the fan base so quickly turns on their players and coaches.

My point is is that I would now want to play for a team in which the fan base so quickly turns on their players and coaches.

Calm yourself. Nobody has turned on anybody. The offense turned in a terrible performance and caught some heat for it. That's all that's going on here.

Look around the landscape of college football, and see how many other fan bases are having nearly identical conversations about their programs as we're having about ours after this loss. The VT fans are doing it, all the Sun Belt teams we played this year did it after we beat them, Missouri did it, the Oklahoma message boards were awash in agony after their first loss and bitter at the world after loss #2, and I don't even want to look at them after losing the Red River Shootout. USC fans were upset about their loss to Washington, and even some of the Florida fans I've talked to have been upset about their drop in the polls this week, and they're worried about developing Tebow's backup.

If you look at Nebraska's situation in a vacuum, I can see why you might think things are bad here. They're not great, sure, but they're no different than most any other fan base out there right now. Everyone gripes, everyone boos in their stadium sometimes, everyone's recruits hear all this stuff, and yet somehow, each team fills out a roster full of recruits every year.

The sun will rise tomorrow and it'll be OK.

I would say that answer could be yes. But that is not the case here at all. A recuit comes in to our stadium and sees the greeatest fan support in all of football. A recuit named Carter from Lousiana was just here for TT and was interviewed on Big Red Wrapup and he was very impressed by the tunnel walk. So the total is way superior to any Saturday game day anywhere! Havikng a half full 50,000 stadium now that could be a problem if booing were prevalent! Not so much at Memorial Stadium!

But please people, if fans next to you are booing or calling out players politely have the people around you tell them to stop it. It has always not been tolerated by most of the fans in Memorial Stadium. And fans need to tell those that are doing it to stop! I cringe when IU hear the refs being booed as the same refs will be back at another game and why make them remember the nasty boos from Husker fans. Booing and heckling have no place in Memorial Stadium and the fans should not tolerate that from any Husker fans.

But please people, if fans next to you are booing or calling out players politely have the people around you tell them to stop it. It has always not been tolerated by most of the fans in Memorial Stadium. And fans need to tell those that are doing it to stop! I cringe when IU hear the refs being booed as the same refs will be back at another game and why make them remember the nasty boos from Husker fans. Booing and heckling have no place in Memorial Stadium and the fans should not tolerate that from any Husker fans.

What are you talking about? People were screaming for Osborne to be fired in the late 70s. I can't tell you how many times I heard people calling for McBride's head in the late 80s. There were boos, there were shouts, there were angry gestures.

People seem to want to create this idyllic scene of Memorial Stadium in those glorious days of Yore that is based on nothing close to reality. We had a LOT of struggles, especially in the 80s and early 90s, when the game was passing Osborne & Co. by and they weren't adjusting. They finally adjusted and the late 90s happened, and now everyone wants to paint the Osborne Era as this glorious time of content fans and dominating teams. It wasn't like that. Pretending it was doesn't help our current situation.

I think these are the things that really hurt recruiting.

1. Having a boring time on your trip.

2. NOT seeing fans at the game, empty seats

3. Having lame coaches that bore the kids.

Thats really about it, by the time the kid sets up a visit they already know if they are interested in the offense or defense that the team runs. They just want to see if they fit in with the players, if they make some friends, if they have some fun and if they can see themselves being with those coaches for the next 4 years or so, 30 hours per week.