Keeping the Blackshirts

Im sure this has been stated before but i was not able to find it but... i was able to see in the post practice interview with Bo yesterday that the black shirts were still out. Im glad to see they werent taken away because in my opinion the defense played amazing against a very high powered texas tech team. Only giving up 250 some yards to a top offense in the nation is pretty stout. Go Skers!

Im sure this has been stated before but i was not able to find it but... i was able to see in the post practice interview with Bo yesterday that the black shirts were still out. Im glad to see they werent taken away because in my opinion the defense played amazing against a very high powered texas tech team. Only giving up 250 some yards to a top offense in the nation is pretty stout. Go Skers!

The defense lived up to the Blackshirt tradition last Saturday. There is no question about it.

Yes, they gave up 24 points. Yes, they had busts/break downs. However, the offense continued to give TT short fields to work with and any time that happens it doesn't matter how good your defense is, TT will find a way to score. We also absolutely dominated TT's offensive line for the great portion of the game and played solid.

The lack of turnovers was the only non-blackshirt characteristic of that defense last week.

They deserved to keep em for sure.

I saw a site yesterday with the D numbers from the GREAT blackshirts against our numbers this year. We would have ranked 5th out of the 10 greatest Ds. They have earned their stripes.

link by chance? i would love to see those comparisons. not that i don't believe you, i just want to see what the stats looked like.

I saw a site yesterday with the D numbers from the GREAT blackshirts against our numbers this year. We would have ranked 5th out of the 10 greatest Ds. They have earned their stripes.

link by chance? i would love to see those comparisons. not that i don't believe you, i just want to see what the stats looked like.

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2009/10/...ts_wouldve.html

When I first went through those numbers, I caught myself thinking yeah but it's only through 6 games with half those games against pathetic competition. However when reflecting, I don't really see any other teams with the exception of maybe KU putting many points up against us. Yeah, this D definitely has the chances of being one of the best here at Nebraska.

You know.....for all the gloom and doom in the threads about the offense, can we at least find a little joy in the fact that our defense appears to be shaping up nicely in just Year Two? I really don't see us have terribly up and down defenses with these coaches. Great at best and good at worst defenses are here to stay at NU. The Huskers as a whole may not be back, but it is sure beginning to look like the Blackshirts are.

Remember that old adage that defense wins championships. We may be having a few offensive troubles right now, but we've sure got some things to be thankful for and delighted about on the other side of the ball. The glass, while not full, sure isn't empty either. :)