Iowa State Loss...

Inwar1

No really, hear me out. If anyone knows how bad our offense is, it's the defense. How do those guys expect us to win any games if:

1. The defense doesn't cause turn overs.

2. The defense dosen't pitch a shutout.

3. The defense dosen't score points! I'm not talking about putting our offense in position to score I mean the defense dosen't SCORE THEMSELVES!

I mean really, if this defense thinks they are going to get any help from our offense they are kidding themselves!

They better figure out their role quick or we might lose out.

Come on D I know you can do better!

:boxosoap

:sarcasm

:rant

:wtf

:nanalama

No really, hear me out. If anyone knows how bad our offense is, it's the defense. How do those guys expect us to win any games if:

3. The defense dosen't score points! I'm not talking about putting our offense in position to score I mean the defense dosen't SCORE THEMSELVES!

I mean really, if this defense thinks they are going to get any help from our offense they are kidding themselves!

I get that this thread is meant as tounge-in-cheek, but I'll make a "serious" comment.

I do question why, especially when it was clear that our offense was sputtering, that Pelini didn't dial up more blitzes. I agree that the D played well, and I know I'm nitpicking, but really, this whole year, I haven't seen the blitzes dialed up like "classic" Pelini D's of 2003 and LSU. I wonder with a backup QB today, if blitzing the snot out of him wouldn't have forced him into some game changing turnovers. Each week I keep waiting for the patented Pelini blitzes and fake blitzes, yet they never come. Today, I remember the one where Hagg nearly got a sack, but otherwise I'm failing to remember another.

I dont think pelini finds it too necessary to blitz when he has the best dline in the nation. just my thought.

Normally I'd agree, but considering the sad state of the offense, I think the defense needs to get even more agressive, at least in a game like this, where one major sack or turnover by the D maybe makes the difference between W and L.

Add Suh to the offensive scheme. Let him play both ways all game. He can hold onto a ball. He is big enough to open up his own holes. Put the ball in Suhs hands and let him call the plays. It would have to be better than what the offense is doing now. But at least the offense fell onto the ball on the backwards pass. Must have been something Suh taught them.

You must really be obtruse. Did you watch the game?????? The opposition scored 3 points on an NU offensive turnover. ..That is the game. The D played lights out. they prevented at minimum 4 points. Go home. You r blind.