Greatest Fans in College Football, Terrible Crowd

I realize this probably doesn't reflect how a lot of you act at a game and we have a "older fanbase" but our crowd atmosphere is pathetic. Half the crowd doesn't make any noise until maybe when the HuskerVision does the "Stand up and Shout" music.

Come on guys get in the friggin game, I realize we have been playing like crap but I can guarantee you its a lot easier for these teams to come into Lincoln and beat us when the crowd isn't up for the game because it isn't some "Marquee" matchup.

Show Up. Stand Up. Be Loud.

:rant

What exactly was there to be loud and excited about during that game? The 8 turnovers? The dropped passes? Watching our injured running back and the only offensive weapon we have be put in when he shouldn't be playing so he can get hurt even more? No sign of Green when Lee isn't cutting it? It works both ways. They may need us to be loud, but we need them to play worth a sh#t too.

I agree but it'll never happen because of the older people. I was in the south endzone section 16c row 89 and the lady who sat by my fiance was bitching the whole time when everybody was standing up infront of her while she sat on her ass complaining. BTW that lady and her husband ended up leaving with like 12 minutes left of the 4th quarter.

i agree...i now live In El Paso tx, but if i could be at every Ne game, i would bet money id lose my voice every single game! i understand it sucks to see your team losing, but sometimes the crowds cheering can put a spark on things. my first Ne game was a couple years ago when we played OU in the big 12 chamionship in KC, it was cold, not just cold, freezing cold. i had horrible seats, but my game experience was amazing...it was me and 2 friends and we didnt know anybody sitting around us, but they were all NE fans. every time Ne did something good, ever single person felt like family, cheering, high fives, even hugs i think. it was great!

i cant stand Neg fans. it takes time to turn a program around after someone runs it to the ground. i honestly was expecting a 10-2 season with losses to VT and OU, but now i just want a offense to make me feel warm inside again.

living here in El Paso, my Ne pride has risen to a whole new level, and id love to trade places with any of those weak a$$ no cheering fans who get to go to the games. I planned on buying Big 12 championship tickets soon, but damn now idk.....

GO BIG RED...

What exactly was there to be loud and excited about during that game? The 8 turnovers? The dropped passes? Watching our injured running back and the only offensive weapon we have be put in when he shouldn't be playing so he can get hurt even more? No sign of Green when Lee isn't cutting it? It works both ways. They may need us to be loud, but we need them to play worth a sh#t too.

Since when is the home crowd supposed to be loud when our team is on offense?

I'm talking Defense. Be loud and give our f'n Defense some energy when they are coming out there with little to no rest.

I don't care whats happening on the field as far as are offense. Like when TT went up 14-0 sure it was a bummer but what the hell is being completely quite gonna do? Those 14 pts were kinda a fluke and our crowd was just completely out of it.

Don't get me wrong I was pissed about the fumbles/drops etc... and I was chanting Cody's name but I was still as loud as I could be every play and especially trying to fire the rest of the crowd up when it was 3rd down and we needed to make a stop and half the people were just standing around.

The cost of going to a game means younger people are less likely to afford going to games. Older people with more money can still afford tickets, but they don't have the same energy as younger people.

And if you think it's bad now, wait until most of the crowd is corporate sponsors. You're dreaming if you think that's not the future. Those blocks of seats filled with corporate wives and executives... think they'll even be this loud?

8 turnovers more than deflates all of the air out of the enthusiasm balloon.

I know, but the score was still 9-7 :bang Give the guys a chance to know what they are still playing for... the Pride of the University and Husker Nation.

Exactly!!! I get jealous watching other teams play, in smaller stadiums no less, and their crowds are crazy loud. Also, everyone in the crowd has small pom poms and waiving them like nuts. We never do anything like that?

We don't boo the team... I've been to every home game since 2003 and the only time I remember hearing boos directly at our team was in 2007 when we played Okie St and T A&M and those were directly aimed at the coaching staff more than the team.

These "boos" people keep talking about this year aren't some massive boos all at once, its more after a couple of frustrating series there are a lot of moans and groans with people yelling "Come on", "This is ridiculous", etc...