Personnel Changes?????

Apathy

Just my 2 cents and take it for what it is worth. Keep in mind, I am not saying that Green should not get the start, in fact, I am torn and I'm not sure who I would rather see at this point. But, lets step outside of the box for a minute. I would like everyone to stop and think, (obviously, people will have different opinions), who is the best QB in the nation. Then if at all possible, watch a game with that QB playing. I am willing to bet, that not every throw hits the WR in the numbers, as some people on here seem to think that is all that makes a good QB. I feel this is a huge confidence issue. The reason, at least in my opinion, a good QB is only half as good as his receivers. Now, that may not be completely accurate, but good QB's have WR's that MAKE PLAYS for them. Sure some throws are not good/great, but if a WR makes a play for you, your confidence as a QB goes up and and takes pressure off you. That may make your next throw "on the numbers". Sorry for my lack of grammar and all, I wasn't very good in ENGRISH CRASS.

Just my 2 cents and take it for what it is worth. Keep in mind, I am not saying that Green should not get the start, in fact, I am torn and I'm not sure who I would rather see at this point. But, lets step outside of the box for a minute. I would like everyone to stop and think, (obviously, people will have different opinions), who is the best QB in the nation. Then if at all possible, watch a game with that QB playing. I am willing to bet, that not every throw hits the WR in the numbers, as some people on here seem to think that is all that makes a good QB. I feel this is a huge confidence issue. The reason, at least in my opinion, a good QB is only half as good as his receivers. Now, that may not be completely accurate, but good QB's have WR's that MAKE PLAYS for them. Sure some throws are not good/great, but if a WR makes a play for you, your confidence as a QB goes up and and takes pressure off you. That may make your next throw "on the numbers". Sorry for my lack of grammar and all, I wasn't very good in ENGRISH CRASS.

Valid point, my point is I feel the same way for the receivers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so they say.

Valid point, my point is I feel the same way for the receivers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so they say.

Valid as well. Maybe it is just a vicious cycle of Lee not having confidence in the WR's, so he "aims" the ball trying to make the perfect throw. Then the WR's lose confidence in Lee and drop ones that hit them in the numbers. Yea, I'm pretty sure all I know is this offense is broke. I just think that 85% of their problems are between the ears, not a lack of talent or otherwise.

Valid as well. Maybe it is just a vicious cycle of Lee not having confidence in the WR's, so he "aims" the ball trying to make the perfect throw. Then the WR's lose confidence in Lee and drop ones that hit them in the numbers. Yea, I'm pretty sure all I know is this offense is broke. I just think that 85% of their problems are between the ears, not a lack of talent or otherwise.

Agree 100%. Somebody, coach or player, needs to grab these kids by the facemask and lead them.

Not defending the recievers here (I think Niles Paul and Melo Holt should be on the bench!) but it is awfully tough to catch passes that are a yard or two behind them...

And just so you know I'm not attacking you here, but if the ball hits you in the hands you are supposed to catch it. Hell, I had coaches in middle school telling me that so these kids should know this. No excuse for it.

Agreed but Meno didn't drop a ball that hit him square in the hands that he dropped. Of the balls he dropped they were either to high or behind him. If you are blaming him then you have to blame Lee for not placing it at his chest.

FInally someone said it besides me. The reason there were so many dropped passes because Lee cannot throw accuralty into the recievers chest. Its either to high or behind them

I find it humorous that those of us who were at the stadium the first game of the year complained about Lee's accuracy and bad decision making.. and those who watched on TV / got punch drunk off the kool-aid hyped him as being better than Taylor / Ganz. Oh hindsight, you are a bitter pill to swallow.

I completely agree with this comment, I was at the ULL game and Lee worried me. He was taking forever to complete passes, he checked down several times and also was hesitant on either running or throwing and obviously this has transpired into poor performances with greater competition. Im sorry Pelini has to give Green a chane against Baylor.

Think of it this way 1 If Green does do well, then problem solved and we have a new quarterback. 2. If Green doesnt perform well, then put Lee back in and Bo can say "I told you so" but right now I think players are beginning to lose confidence and are even thinking "what if" we have to get our s#it figured out before ou which I think will be a low scoring game.

Well as far as Lee Coaches seems to think he had a "perfect game" and " we just didn't play well around Lee". From what I get out of the interviews is the QB race is close the only thing Lee has in the coaches eyes are he controls the team better. I'm sure I heard Tommie Frazier earlier in the year saying Cody needed to work on that. So I'm not doubting that. But at this point Who do you go with the guy that knows the game a little better or the guy with more talent.

As far as Sat. and well the whole year really I see a huge lack of Discipline on the O side. I mean false starts, fumbles, and the rest of the bone head mistakes. These are the basics of the game even in junior high these things were drilled in my head. Why is it our staff is not teaching and enforcing the most basics. I blame most of it on the youth of our O but these things should be the first and honestly the most important things taught. Take out even half of our penalties and turnovers and we would be 7-0 right now. My old coach said " control the controlables" and that is one thing we are not doing. Call it "execution" or what ever you want to call it Bo and Watson but I would call it windsprints for every stupid mistake until you get the idea stuck in their heads.