Personnel Changes?????

Apathy

Whatever is going on, there is definitely something going on in these players heads... There is such a thing as trying to hard. I saw a team trying not to lose yesterday, and it was painfully obvious. IMO they are not going to start winning until they learn how to have fun again and get out there and start beating on people. As much as the D can fire up this team, they need all 11 guys on O no matter who it is to step become leaders. I still don't think for a second this team will fold, b/c all hell will break loose and it is a long time until next season... <_<

I would hope Bo is serious. It makes me wonder if our offensive coaches worry too much about players knowing all the plays or if our WR's can block rather than catch.

Here is who I would bench if it were me...

Niles Paul- How the heck do you magically fumble the ball without even really being touched? And he can't catch.

Zac Lee- This is touchy for me, because I don't completely blame him for the Iowa St. game. But he has shown he is not a playmaker and I think it should be time for Green to take over. If all he has is he knows more plays than that is weak...he can't even manage the offense very well so I see no reason to keep him in.

Helu- He is hurt...let him get healthy and try to rely on some of the backups. You can't tell me that the other RB's on scholarship can't get it done.

Holt- This one I don't know about...he seems OK, but I have to give the nod to the younger guys. One of those guys might be able to make something happen...idk.

I can't say if this will fix all of the problems and I think the problem goes deeper than the players. I thought the gameplan was pretty good against Iowa St...the offensive players deserve the blame for this one. 8 turnovers is probably the worst I have ever seen and it makes you sick. Personally, Watson needs to go and take Gilmore with him. Cotton is fine...I think our line can be good, but the schemes are all wrong. I saw some pretty good pushes in the running game, so they can be good. Bottom line for this year...we need someone to step up and lead the offense. That isn't going to come from the guys starting so we have to look at the young guys even if they can't block as well or don't know as many plays...right now I would rather see our WR's catch the ball rather than how well they block. Not to mention hang on to it after they catch it.

This has nothing to do with coaches at this point in the season.

This has everything to do with players. If the starters aren't getting it done, he is going to start playing younger guys who haven't seen a lot of PT. Considering how many upper class men we have offensively, I would like to see some of the younger guys getting time providing us depth for later years.

Nothing to do with coaching...????? :hmmph Really?

If a team looks that bad, out of sync and completely ineffective and you have the talent we have; what does it have to do with? It is a coaches job to take the kids and form a team that can and does play together. The days of saying we don't have the athletes are over. It certainly wouldn't be right to blame everyone that plays offence..... we had that done a few years ago.

Turnovers, especially fumbles has everything to do with coaching. Fumble prevention starts and ends in the weight room, with a side of concentration for good measure. Coaches are responsible to ensure players are ready to play.

I have waiting to post about the QB situation so here we go:

The big question that I keep asking myself is, does the rest of the offense/team believe they can play better with Green at the helm. I remember reading an article stating that Green has a sense of leadership and the players responded to it even as a true freshman (sorry I don't have a link). The way the players see Lee leading is by a certain cockiness....I would think that Lee is not acting like this anymore after the piss poor efforts he has given.

With this being said, will the WRs catch the ball if it comes from Green? I doubt it....these guys couldn't catch an STD from a dirty prostitute! I cannot remember watching a game where there were so many drops...stupid drops! I do feel a little sorry for Lee due to the ineptness of his WRs...even if they are bad passes, they hit the WRs in the hands, you gotta catch the ball!

The check downs are ridiculous and Lee/Watson need to fix it. Hell, just check to a run if all you are going to do is throw the damn ball behind the line of scrimmage! I am sick and tired of Lee checking down to run that damn worthless play!!!!

I could go on and on...something needs to change and it needs to change quickly. Bo needs to step up and start holding players/coaches accountable. If they cannot get it done, keep them off of the field, plain and simple!

Penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, blown coverages and now turnovers. Basically that is a lack of focus. As Bo states, it's all on him. So to be honest we should quit complaining about all the players and focus on Bo. This is a clear problem at the top and all the bitchin needs to be directed at the guy with the thumbs!

Not defending the recievers here (I think Niles Paul and Melo Holt should be on the bench!) but it is awfully tough to catch passes that are a yard or two behind them...

And just so you know I'm not attacking you here, but if the ball hits you in the hands you are supposed to catch it. Hell, I had coaches in middle school telling me that so these kids should know this. No excuse for it.

Agreed but Meno didn't drop a ball that hit him square in the hands that he dropped. Of the balls he dropped they were either to high or behind him. If you are blaming him then you have to blame Lee for not placing it at his chest.

FInally someone said it besides me. The reason there were so many dropped passes because Lee cannot throw accuralty into the recievers chest. Its either to high or behind them

Not defending the recievers here (I think Niles Paul and Melo Holt should be on the bench!) but it is awfully tough to catch passes that are a yard or two behind them...

And just so you know I'm not attacking you here, but if the ball hits you in the hands you are supposed to catch it. Hell, I had coaches in middle school telling me that so these kids should know this. No excuse for it.

Agreed but Meno didn't drop a ball that hit him square in the hands that he dropped. Of the balls he dropped they were either to high or behind him. If you are blaming him then you have to blame Lee for not placing it at his chest.

FInally someone said it besides me. The reason there were so many dropped passes because Lee cannot throw accuralty into the recievers chest. Its either to high or behind them

I find it humorous that those of us who were at the stadium the first game of the year complained about Lee's accuracy and bad decision making.. and those who watched on TV / got punch drunk off the kool-aid hyped him as being better than Taylor / Ganz. Oh hindsight, you are a bitter pill to swallow.

Even decent receivers will pull some of those passes in if not most of them. They aren't even average for crying out loud.

Even decent receivers will pull some of those passes in if not most of them. They aren't even average for crying out loud.

When I was playing WR in high school the coaches always preached to us that every pass should be caught. If a pass was thrown to you and it fell incomplete it was your fault, not the QB.

I saw numerous passes on saturday that were right in the #'s of WR's and they just plain dropped them. Paul had like 3 of them. That guy is a joke. Its a miracle he is on the PR, because he doesnt seem to have a problem catching punts in traffic............yet.

I saw numerous passes on saturday that were right in the #'s of WR's and they just plain dropped them. Paul had like 3 of them. That guy is a joke. Its a miracle he is on the PR, because he doesnt seem to have a problem catching punts in traffic............yet.

That will most likely be an emerging problem against Baylor. <_<

It's just flat out embarrassing to have to watch this. How do you streak down field for a 70+yard touchdown pass and fumble the ball 20 yards out? This game must have been utterly amusing to ISU fans.

Some have hit the nail on the head. I have trouble believing that every receiver on the football team can't catch. On every throw there are two people involved; the receiver and the passer. When you use the control method of scientific experiments, the passer is the same. The receivers are different, but the result seems to be the same. In a scientific experiment that would mean you need to change the control, change the passer and see what the result is before you can analyze fault.

Lee is horribly inaccurate. History shows that the "dropsies" tend to either end right away or get continually worse. Now, when they do end quickly that is usually on the receivers. They weren't concentrating, or an issue with spin. These same WR caught the ball pretty well with Ganz. I don't remember many drops from anyone still here but Gilleyan with Ganz at QB.

Here is your main problem, leadership. There is no leader on that offense. None whatsoever. Say what you want about the OL yelling at Tray, but that was at least some passion out of that side of the ball. It wasn't directed correctly, but it was passion. Watson isn't fiery, Lee isn't fiery, Helu isn't, the WR sure as hell aren't. Where are these guys with a burning desire to win at?

Look at the defensive coaches. They instill a fire in their guys, those guys would run through a wall for them. Only Cotton has that right now from his guys. Say what you want about his line, those guys played with fire on Saturday.

We need a passionate leader on offense. Players from every team say that is easiest from the QB position.

I think A LOT would be fixed by a QB change. I just don't know if we have that QB on our roster, but I would sure as hell like to find out if that guy is there.

That is all.

NU has a tight end....I think is name is McNeill or something. I'll bet he could catch the ball.

:steam

Wasn't it McNeill that caused or was right there on one of Lee's INT's that shouldn't have been? I realize that Helu was essentially the last guy to tip the ball into the hands of the Iowa State defender, but wasn't McNeill the intended target that initially bobbled and tipped the ball?

NU has a tight end....I think is name is McNeill or something. I'll bet he could catch the ball.

Wasn't it McNeill that caused or was right there on one of Lee's INT's that shouldn't have been? I realize that Helu was essentially the last guy to tip the ball into the hands of the Iowa State defender, but wasn't McNeill the intended target that initially bobbled and tipped the ball?

After it was underthrown so much that a 5ft 9 inch LB tipped it, yes.

It was a terrible pass...