Personnel Changes?????

Apathy

Not defending the recievers here (I think Niles Paul and Melo Holt should be on the bench!) but it is awfully tough to catch passes that are a yard or two behind them...

And just so you know I'm not attacking you here, but if the ball hits you in the hands you are supposed to catch it. Hell, I had coaches in middle school telling me that so these kids should know this. No excuse for it.

I think you both have points here. There were drops and there were balls a few yards behind, to the left, right, of the receiver that stopped his route to make them adjust.

I've supported the Big Red no matter what, since I was old enough to know what football is. Now, after these last couple games, I think personel changes need to go further than a few players. Our O line is full of top notch athletes that can't play together as a unit. I have never seen an offense flurish or even get better with at least one of our current coaches. I just couldn't agree with the comment, durring the game no less, "at least we are blowing holes in there line..... (and I'm not talking about the defense)

Also, did anyone else feel that, Callahan left over, aragance of doing what you want no matter what?? You can't take any player that looks lost and quite possibly scared and make the decision to have him run the ball. Especially if he hasn't shown the ability to run, AT ALL, since he has been a Husker. To me, that just seems like the "we coached great in every aspect, they just didn't execute" attitude. That crap belongs elsewhere. (we have a few players that can and would love to be physical.... not used at all). You cannot continue to say a player is perfect and we are sticking with him no matter what, it's the rest of the team (recievers, running backs, line....... on and on) not him, he is the only one playing normally. The deffinition of normal is the majority of the observed people. In any case, if the offense is completely falling apart, some changes need to take place. It looks to me like a confidence issue across the board at this point. The writing is on the wall, I just hope the Mid-West Chicago type, F-the world attitude doesn't show up big time.

If there isn't some changes made and the obvious is sweeped under the rug, we are in for a Callaclown-long year! After the I-state game and hearing the rediculous statement of "we never considered any changes on the filed"... Ive lost some respect and confidence.

Sorry, Had to get it out!!

:rant:ahhhhhhhh

This has nothing to do with coaches at this point in the season.

This has everything to do with players. If the starters aren't getting it done, he is going to start playing younger guys who haven't seen a lot of PT. Considering how many upper class men we have offensively, I would like to see some of the younger guys getting time providing us depth for later years.

Nothing to do with coaching...????? :hmmph Really?

If a team looks that bad, out of sync and completely ineffective and you have the talent we have; what does it have to do with? It is a coaches job to take the kids and form a team that can and does play together. The days of saying we don't have the athletes are over. It certainly wouldn't be right to blame everyone that plays offence..... we had that done a few years ago.

Not defending the recievers here (I think Niles Paul and Melo Holt should be on the bench!) but it is awfully tough to catch passes that are a yard or two behind them...

And just so you know I'm not attacking you here, but if the ball hits you in the hands you are supposed to catch it. Hell, I had coaches in middle school telling me that so these kids should know this. No excuse for it.

Agreed but Meno didn't drop a ball that hit him square in the hands that he dropped. Of the balls he dropped they were either to high or behind him. If you are blaming him then you have to blame Lee for not placing it at his chest.

Agreed but Meno didn't drop a ball that hit him square in the hands that he dropped. Of the balls he dropped they were either to high or behind him. If you are blaming him then you have to blame Lee for not placing it at his chest.

I just can't rap my mind around this being EVERY recievers issue and only theres. Call it confidence, call it whatever... when you have the arm Zach has, you can actualy wait too long to throw the ball. You can get it there before the defense gets to the reciever, but you've hung him out to dry. The defense is salivating over this and the recievers are put in a dangerous situation that can be avoided and should be. Thowing balls high and behind a receiver across the middle is a safties, lineback or corners dream. Thowing the ball late and having these guys reacting before it gets there isn't a bad deal for the defense either. A good QB will hit the reciever in stride and in a spot (in-game on the field) that give them a fighting chance to catch it and run, just like the plays are designed. Call it whatever you want, but it is deffinately broken.

I just can't rap my mind around this being EVERY recievers issue and only theirs. Call it confidence, call it whatever... when you have the arm Zach has, you can actualy wait too long to throw the ball. You can get it there before the defense gets to the reciever, but you've hung him out to dry. The defense is salivating over this and the recievers are put in a dangerous situation that can be avoided and should be. Thowing balls high and behind a receiver across the middle is a safties, lineback or corners dream. Thowing the ball late and having these guys reacting before it gets there isn't a bad deal for the defense either. A good QB will hit the reciever in stride and in a spot (in-game on the field) that give them a fighting chance to catch it and run, just like the plays are designed. Call it whatever you want, but it is deffinately broken.

This has everything to do with players. If the starters aren't getting it done, he is going to start playing younger guys who haven't seen a lot of PT. Considering how many upper class men we have offensively, I would like to see some of the younger guys getting time providing us depth for later years.

It has EVERYTHING to do with coaches. Turning the ball over eight times is pathetic. What kind of weak ass mindset do these offensive coaches instill in the players? Well, last week we saw Niles Paul give up on a play that was so obviously a lateral as well as three or four other Husker players around the ball. We saw players drop catch after catch after catch, and I saw a pussyfoot QB who doesn't want to take a hit or make a decision.

Sorry, but that's coaching. Receivers should be taught to catch the ball, QBs should be taught to make decisions and throw accurate balls, and offensive linemen should be taught to blow defenders up. If the players that are in are not currently doing their job, THEY NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT.

I don't know how that doesn't get across the thick heads of our offensive coaches, but I hope they are gone after this season. I am tired of this dink and dunk West Coast bullsh#t. Give me Alabama's offense or Florida's offense. Line up, hit somebody, and gain yards. The players shouldn't need to be a rocket scientist just to figure out what the hell they are supposed to do on a play. It's ridiculous.

It has EVERYTHING to do with coaches. Turning the ball over eight times is pathetic. What kind of weak ass mindset do these offensive coaches instill in the players? Well, last week we saw Niles Paul give up on a play that was so obviously a lateral as well as three or four other Husker players around the ball. We saw players drop catch after catch after catch, and I saw a pussyfoot QB who doesn't want to take a hit or make a decision.

Sorry, but that's coaching. Receivers should be taught to catch the ball, QBs should be taught to make decisions and throw accurate balls, and offensive linemen should be taught to blow defenders up. If the players that are in are not currently doing their job, THEY NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT.

I don't know how that doesn't get across the thick heads of our offensive coaches, but I hope they are gone after this season. I am tired of this dink and dunk West Coast bullsh#t. Give me Alabama's offense or Florida's offense. Line up, hit somebody, and gain yards. The players shouldn't need to be a rocket scientist just to figure out what the hell they are supposed to do on a play. It's ridiculous.

Wow, and I thought I was ranting and raving..... problem is... I can't disagree with any of that.

Wr's are about the only position I can see a change at after Bo's press conference... Aparently he see's something in Lee that I just don't.

Also, where did Kinnie go?? He made a couple catches in the first quarter and didn't hear his name called again??

Another thing, did anyone notice who Lee's last pass (int) was to.. Wes Cammack.. he's like 5th string at the Z receiver.. they must have been trying to shake things up..?

Nothing to do with coaching...????? :hmmph Really?

If a team looks that bad, out of sync and completely ineffective and you have the talent we have; what does it have to do with? It is a coaches job to take the kids and form a team that can and does play together. The days of saying we don't have the athletes are over. It certainly wouldn't be right to blame everyone that plays offence..... we had that done a few years ago.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I was talking about the "personnel changes" meaning he is going to be making some position changes, not changing coaches. At this point in the season, you are S.O.L. trying to find good position coaches imho.

I was not talking about the coaches having nothing to do with the current offensive predicament.

Again, I was not referring coaching in the sense you are thinking. This thread is about "personnel changes" and not what is wrong with the offense. I was responding to the fact that Bo meant they would be changing personnel at the player position, and not at the coaching level at this point in the season.