FIRE Shawn Watson and BENCH Zach Lee to save the season

You guys warned us. I remember reading time and time again from CU fans that Watson can only win with superior athletes. However, I still don't think his play calling is what cost us the game Saturday or even last week for that matter.

The simple answer to that statement is - Where is our power run game?

We tried it, and we put the ball on the carpet. Not saying we shouldn't have went back to it, but I think Watson was just trying to come up with some play that would get the ball into someone else's hands thinking maybe just maybe someone on the offense could hold onto the friggin ball.

Well, we put the ball on the carpet no matter what play we ran. :)

We have to be able to run the ball, and bottom line is, we are not committed to a ground game.

anyone who is a watson fan or is backing him up has to be on either crack or named billy callahan..

zach lee is a joke. He throws any pass that isn't less than five yards behind the recievers, oh wait nevermind he cant even throw a good WR screen for that matter. This is a joke. He passes about as good as Joe Dailey. Heck least he could sort of run.

anyone who is a watson fan or is backing him up has to be on either crack or named billy callahan..

zach lee is a joke. He throws any pass that isn't less than five yards behind the recievers, oh wait nevermind he cant even throw a good WR screen for that matter. This is a joke. He passes about as good as Joe Dailey. Heck least he could sort of run.

exactly... something needs to give, and it should be Bo with the boot in someone's azz to get the spark that we hear so much about... time to invest in the kids who will be with us the longest.

Joe set a record for interceptions thrown.......he was pretty darn bad, not sure if Lee is that bad.....yet.....

Joe set a record for interceptions thrown.......he was pretty darn bad, not sure if Lee is that bad.....yet.....

Joe was in the first year of a ridiculously complex system and he did manage to throw some td's between picks. Plus BC wouldn't greenlight him to run as much as he should've given he that he was a dual-threat guy. In light of that I don't think Joe was any worse than Zac.

First of all, the offense is light-years behind the offense of last year. The line can not protect the QB but the QB can't throw the ball accurately even if he has protection! Our offense cannot score TD's except against Sun Belt teams. We put a few on Missouri, but that was because of the rain and the Mizzou defense giving up.

Zach Lee? Please. Bench the kid and stop feeling bad about it. He can't run. He doesn't scramble good. He doesn't look at the whole field. His accuracy is OK but usually throws to someone that is covered. He acts like he won a championship when he completes a first down pass. (jumping for glory, etc.) Cody Green already had his red shirt removed so give the kid some experience before next year.

Nebraska Cornhuskers would have a MUCH better offense if:

1)Shawn Watson was FIRED

and

2)Zach Lee was BENCHED

These two actions would save the season and send Nebraska to the Big 12 Championship

I think Watson should really think about running the Wishbone or something like that. Or that veer thing. Maybe then Lee would do much better since he can't really pass all that well. And we have the running backs that could do it too. One thing is for sure. What they are doing now is not working very well.

I am with those who think Watson should be let go. He is the coach in charge of the offense. Every fan can see that Watson's offensive strategy is often more out of balance than a drunk guy logrolling with an inner ear infection. It is bad. Then to hear "it's execution" or other reasons is really getting old. Watson needs to be held accountable. It is like being a parent - odds are if you suck, your kid is going to suck.

Memo to Watson: It is not how you look, not the environment, not the media, not most of the players on offense. Its you. You suck. And so does your play calling and your QB.

Memo to Bo: it is great to have faith, but come on, temper it with a little good old-fashioned smarts.

Watson should NOT be fired. You can only call so many plays with Lee at Qb. He's done a nice job at hiding his inability to throw across the middle. After re-watching the game and asking myself what I would do with a Qb such as Lee theres not much else you can do.

Watson has got to call plays that he believes will succeed, unfortunately with Lee.. its all bubbles, hitches (anything within 5 yards) and zone reads.

I personall found it beyound stupid to have Lee running the option EVER. He runs scared and no defense will respect or even flinch at that. There is no real threat in him running and that simply isn't an audible... play calling.....

However, I don't think firing an offensive coridnator in mid season is a good idea either, but doing somehting to turn the ship is a must. Maybe he just has too much control.

Oh, I completely agree that Lee should be benched.. but it seems Bo and Watson see something in him they like. All I was saying is that because that for some reason they want to stick with Lee... and with Lee at Qb that cripples our offensive play calling.. no matter how many "plays" he knows.

Is it perhaps that as ineffective as Lee has been the coaches assume any alternative would be less productive?

That is, is it that the confidence in Green is that low?

I hope not.

I hope they see something good in Lee that has not been yet seen generally rather than this being all we have because Green is not the QB people here hope that is.