Bo Pelini: Zac Is Our QB

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then.

I believe he will do exactly that.

but it has to be at the right time. a two point game ain't the time.

lee is the starter. might as well get behind that and support him. Bo has said on multiple occasions that green isn't ready to start.

dedhoarsededhoarse

We've been outscored 40-17 the last two league games, we're behind KSU, ISU, Kansas and CU in the freakin big 12 north. Bo might not think Green is ready, but it sure doesn"t seem like Lee is either. Why the hell can't coaches just admit when they're wrong or somethings not working! Damn it's annoying!

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then.

I believe he will do exactly that.

but it has to be at the right time. a two point game ain't the time.

lee is the starter. might as well get behind that and support him. Bo has said on multiple occasions that green isn't ready to start.

dedhoarsededhoarse

I believed he would do that too... during every offensive struggle we have faced. Didn't happen and everything has remained the same. If the coaches are going to put in Lee, then that's their choice and that won't sway me from being a Husker fan. And obviously Bo doesn't think Green is ready to start... but give him a chance to take some snaps. I don't feel like I am beating a dead horse because this hasn't been my particular view on this subject, although a reality that I need to accept.

I am not sure why people argue about the Quarterback. The offense together is our main issue, we should utilize Cody Green though because he is a duel-threat, and Lee can only pass.

I think most of us realize that the whole offense is an issue. But Lee is having trouble leading, doesn't seem to be gelling with his team at crucial times, doesn't excel at running the ball, and can't sell a fake. He is just too easy, even for weaker defenses, to read. And until Lee and Co. show some productivity, less penalties, and no fumbles... this will continue to be an issue and be debated. As I stated in my first post, Green, IMO, would be a great starter because he is a dual threat. I think it would be harder for the defense to read plays, and he has shown great poise. Plus, he's just excited to play and that enthusiasm is contagious.

I am not sure why people argue about the Quarterback. The offense together is our main issue, we should utilize Cody Green though because he is a duel-threat, and Lee can only pass.

I think most of us realize that the whole offense is an issue. But Lee is having trouble leading, doesn't seem to be gelling with his team at crucial times, doesn't excel at running the ball, and can't sell a fake. He is just too easy, even for weaker defenses, to read. And until Lee and Co. show some productivity, less penalties, and no fumbles... this will continue to be an issue and be debated. As I stated in my first post, Green, IMO, would be a great starter because he is a dual threat. I think it would be harder for the defense to read plays, and he has shown great poise. Plus, he's just excited to play and that enthusiasm is contagious.

:yeah

From a completely objective point of view...

Lee didn't fumble on the first play from scrimmage.

The interception on the goal line was a take-away by the defense. Lee put the ball on the money.

Lee didn't poke the ball out of Paul's hands.

Lee was 20 yards away when Helu fumbled again.

Lee was 10 yards away when Robinson was stripped. (Nice of Keith Williams to get in Robinson's face though)

Lee was nowhere near Holt when he was stripped.

Lee hit Gilleylen in the hands....

Then Lee threw an interception.

If you blame that loss on Lee it's because you feel the need for a scapegoat.

I couldn't agree with you more, but some seem to overlook these points.

Bo might not think Green is ready, but it sure doesn"t seem like Lee is either. Why the hell can't coaches just admit when they're wrong or somethings not working! Damn it's annoying!

You mean exactly what our coaching staff has been doing? Bo has been the first to say that he got outcoached, or we got outplayed, and that things need to be fixed, etc. etc. etc. What exactly do you want?

As far as Lee not having "it" to be a QB, maybe that is correct, but that doesn't mean that Cody Green does. It is unfortunate, but maybe we just do not have a quarterback on our roster who doesn't have what it takes right now. Cody Green is a dual threat sure, but in the Texas Tech game I saw some throws that were really awful (two badly overthrown, a pick, and two others that could have been). Judging by what I have seen in games, he is not ready, and you have to think that it is the same story in practice otherwise he would be getting playing time.

The coaches aren't idiots..

The interception on the goal line was a take-away by the defense. Lee put the ball on the money.

Lee was 10 yards away when Robinson was stripped. (Nice of Keith Williams to get in Robinson's face though)

He defiantly wasn't the only reason we lost but I think he should shoulder some of the blame when 3 of the 8 turnovers were on your behalf... Gillelyens was still high and behind him.. you can argue till your blue in the face but he threw 3 ints.. all were poorly thrown balls..

No QB throws every ball perfectly. McNeil's ball was a little behind, but he got his hand on it and had a shot at the catch. It was just fluky how that somehow ended up a couple bounces later being practically handed off from Helu to some ISU defender.

And that pass to Gill was on the money. If you didn't realize, receivers, on occasion, are supposed to jump for balls. Gill had that one right in his hands and instead of catching it he let it hit him and pop up in the air.

The third one, that was on Lee. He wasn't hit (as he was throwing anyway) and he should've seen that guy. That one was disappointing, but the other two? This is not like the end of the TT game where we look at half of Cody Green's pass attempts and say "Wow, that should have been picked off but it wasn't." Kind of the opposite.

Thank you. A lot of people seem to be getting that this week though, the ones that aren't are the ones that just want Green to start no matter what.. the ones looking at it as why did we lose the game are seeing those exact same things.

So really the whole situation about who to blame comes down to your motive. Do you just want green to start because you do? Or are you trying to understand why the game was actually lost.

Bo might not think Green is ready, but it sure doesn"t seem like Lee is either. Why the hell can't coaches just admit when they're wrong or somethings not working! Damn it's annoying!

You mean exactly what our coaching staff has been doing? Bo has been the first to say that he got outcoached, or we got outplayed, and that things need to be fixed, etc. etc. etc. What exactly do you want?

As far as Lee not having "it" to be a QB, maybe that is correct, but that doesn't mean that Cody Green does. It is unfortunate, but maybe we just do not have a quarterback on our roster who doesn't have what it takes right now. Cody Green is a dual threat sure, but in the Texas Tech game I saw some throws that were really awful (two badly overthrown, a pick, and two others that could have been). Judging by what I have seen in games, he is not ready, and you have to think that it is the same story in practice otherwise he would be getting playing time.

The coaches aren't idiots..

I'm not calling them idiots, I'm just saying why not give it a try? What do we have to lose?

You need to look again. All 3 interceptions were poorly thrown. :facepalm::facepalm: Maybe Williams ought to get in Lee's face instead of a freshman just off the scout team.

See zoogies post. I was gonna say the same thing until i read that... how can you blame lee for putting the ball where gilleylen can catch it and not the defenders? be objective here. if that's green throwing that same pass, you think its gilleylens fault. The last one can be put on zac, but they had very little time, and 3rd down, just trying to make a play. If a guy puts 80% of his balls on the money and throw 1 pick that is his fault, you're going to be a pretty damn good football team. See Texas.