QB Decision Time

How is one playher supose to fix all the problems on offense. Is cody green going to run 71 yards down the field tho recover paul's fumble? Or is it just that he has the threat to run that is goibg to magicly going to fix all of ghe problems.

What if putting him in now screws up the progression that the coaches are seeing. What if the inevidable 5 sacks that this o-line will give up messes up his confidence

I will yield to the coaches on this decision they know what they are doing even if ikt doesn't seem like it at times

I wonder why they pay the money he makes as head coach.

We have guys on here that see all the QB's everyday in practice, listen to all their answers when questioned about certain scenarios.

The Nebraska fan should always make the starting choice on every player.

I would guess that in the future all on this board will be questioned as to what is best for the team.

Bo knowing that the millions he makes depends on this starting QB, will be so happy to know those choices have been made for him.

I know I will feel safe in having my teams QB selected by internet know it alls.

Or we could start the Fire Pelini thread that is just around the corner.

Pathetic.

Could be --but "Pathetic" would also describe getting our a** handed to us by TT that lost to ATM, losing to Misery for 3 qts like idiots, losing to VT with no TDS, and .........LOSING TO IOWAY STATE. That is every truly division 1 team we played--one quarter we won. That for a team that has the best defense we've had in a while and the best lineman in college football is PATHETIC. With Lee and this same team we are likely to lose at every game except Baylor and Colorado this year. That is PATHETIC . If that makes you happy, fine with me.

Baylor will beat Green and so will Colorado at this point. He is a overhyped Freshman that isn't ready for DI Defenses. He stairs down recievers, doesn't know where the DBs are on the field and over throws recievers.

"Baylor will beat Green and so will Colorado at this point. He is a overhyped Freshman that isn't ready for DI Defenses. He stairs down recievers, doesn't know where the DBs are on the field and over throws recievers.

Odd that we can know what a man is going to do that we have seen on the field less than the guy holding the flag for TV timeouts.

You may of course be correct and if Lee even appeared an "adequate" QB there would be no reason to see what Green could do in a game situation(and he still should have a redshirt). Now recall just two weeks ago it was going to be "a game time decision" as to which of the non-injured QBs would be starting. So the coaches were then at a coin flip --while you know for sure that Green is an overhyped freshman who will get beat by Baylor. That would also lead me to believe that you think Lee can beat Baylor.

I confess to not knowing if either of those are correct. This is of course a board for opinions and your idea that Green is an overhyped freshman that isn't ready for division I football may be right.

But I would be interested in knowing-- Do you think Lee is ready for the Big 12 stretch run?

Do you think Lee is the answer to our QB situation for the rest of this year? Next year?

Do you think our overhyped freshman will not be ready until his junior season?

My take is that Lee looks good in practice and melts in game situations. It is obvious that he cannot or is not willing to run the football--many of you claimed he was the much better runner and athlete than Ganz or Green. We've dispelled that myth on the field. Someone posted that Watson wanted to play Green and Bo overuled him. If true that is really strange.

If we lose out--do we play Lee the entire way? Sounds more stubborn than analytical to me.

Granted Cody is young and "GREEN" :) , but how many times do we keep putting in a QB that has clearly proven he can't get the job done. Now, that is beating a dead horse, if you ask me. I don't care how great he supposedly looks in practice, he sucks in actual games. It is very possible that some coaches are just being stubborn and have their heads in the sand. Now, I like Bo a lot, but he is learning just as much as the players are and it is possible he will make some mistakes along the way.

Finally, this is a message board, right? The QB situation is a "HOT" topic at the moment, agreed? So, I guarantee this won't be the last thread on the subject, so, get over it. We as fans will debate this stuff till the cows come home, that is what this board is for. I think it is fun and feel both sides have some very good points, that is why the discussion continues.

Baylor will beat Green and so will Colorado at this point. He is a overhyped Freshman that isn't ready for DI Defenses. He stairs down recievers, doesn't know where the DBs are on the field and over throws recievers.

I do believe your thinking about Lee when you say he stairs down recievers, and overthrows recievers. Lee in the games vs Big 12 opponents has not shown that he can hit his reciever the majority of the time. I think he could be good if he calms down and goes through his progression and has the timer in his head saying "Get out of the pocket" when need be. I do believe Green should start, use this season (which is far under what we all thought it would be) as a year to get used to D1 football and the offense and come back next year and lead this team.

And i would put him in a few series vs Baylor, if he does not spark the offense or does worse then Lee then by all means put Lee in and keep him in. I just want to see this team put up some offense.

As much as I would have liked to have seen Cody start last week, I don't think now is the time to start him any more. Iowa St and Baylor with two weeks of practice and game experience, would have really helped him for the rest of the season. Now its all about getting bowl eligible, and the only one with enough playing time to maybe get those wins is Lee. There was a window there to get Cody the start, its gone now if we want to go bowling. You don't want to start a freshman on the road. If we want to get Cody ready for next year and forget maybe going bowling, start him.

We need to beat Baylor. Lee has to at least play as well as he did last week.

I see a win over K.St for sure well maybe, Col will not be a win if they play like they did against Kansas. So where does that 6th win come at??????

Roll the dice with Lee, and hope now for a bowl bid. I think we can forget the north championship. I hope I am wrong.

GBR!!!

I wonder why they pay the money he makes as head coach.

We have guys on here that see all the QB's everyday in practice, listen to all their answers when questioned about certain scenarios.

The Nebraska fan should always make the starting choice on every player.

I would guess that in the future all on this board will be questioned as to what is best for the team.

Bo knowing that the millions he makes depends on this starting QB, will be so happy to know those choices have been made for him.

I know I will feel safe in having my teams QB selected by internet know it alls.

Or we could start the Fire Pelini thread that is just around the corner.

Pathetic.

Could be --but "Pathetic" would also describe getting our a** handed to us by TT that lost to ATM, losing to Misery for 3 qts like idiots, losing to VT with no TDS, and .........LOSING TO IOWAY STATE. That is every truly division 1 team we played--one quarter we won. That for a team that has the best defense we've had in a while and the best lineman in college football is PATHETIC. With Lee and this same team we are likely to lose at every game except Baylor and Colorado this year. That is PATHETIC . If that makes you happy, fine with me.

Aren't all the games up in the air with Zac starting? Weren't TTech and ISU both supposed to be slotted wins?

Against BCS opponents:

Zac Lee is 61/122 in passes or a 50% completion rate.

Hang your hat on the fact that most of these passes are within 5 yards and .... well you get the point.

His QB rating against Vtech was 61.41

His QB rating against ISU was 94.14

His rushing against BCS teams says even less.

31 Attempts 50 Yards 1.61 YardsPerCarry Long of 17

While we can't compare Cody Green's rushing to Zac's or passing against BCS opponents... He did show a spark in the non conference.

8 Attempts 80 Yards 10 YardsPerCarry Long of 49