Ron Brown

I have been hearing that Bo has been getting more involved in the offense. I have this big fear that he might be "clueless" or a little "wet behind the ears" when it comes to offense. What do you think about giving Ron Brown a little bit more responsibility on the offense? Do you think that he can bring much to the table?

Maybe, they will just take his passion because they play flat..............

anybody but butthole cotton... i want to vomit when people say he should be the next OC if and when SW leaves... that guy would be the WORST choice possible.... ron brown... dont know too much excpet ron brown = our best chance to land aaron green

Pelini may not be an offense mastermind..but being one of the premier defensive coaches in country would make you think he has a little knowledge about what makes a successful offense, because suprisingly he most likely studies offensive film all day. Just a thought tho <_<

100% Correct. Making a good defensive coach means you have to understand offense. Who would be better to figure out an offense than a defensive coach. The ultimate chess match is figuring out how to make your defense stop an offense, while designing an offense that can overcome your defense. Its not like a D coordinator just sits and thinks "my defense will work against anything" like a former coordinator seemed to do. The study film, I think a "defensive guy" being more hands on with the offense is a good thing. Look at Pete Carrol with USC. He is the defensive coordinator but has his hands on the offense. How else do you think they have survived losing their coordinators in the past few seasons yet maintain a high level of production.

The only thing Coach Brown needs to do is take over for Gilmore. Whatever gets that guy off our staff needs to be done.

Maybe Coach Brown would actually put the guys who earn their PT on the field instead of upperclassmen who can simply block better. That would be something, eh?

Wats is fine though. We just have a scared QB. That and we keep playing WRs who could not get open against any one of us. Man I miss Nate and Todd.

The only thing Coach Brown needs to do is take over for Gilmore. Whatever gets that guy off our staff needs to be done.

Maybe Coach Brown would actually put the guys who earn their PT on the field instead of upperclassmen who can simply block better. That would be something, eh?

Wats is fine though. We just have a scared QB. That and we keep playing WRs who could not get open against any one of us. Man I miss Nate and Todd.

Not that I don't feel that Ron Brown is a superior WR coach over Gilmore, because it is painfully obvious that he is, but if you think there will be a player see that field at WR that can't block with Ron Brown coaching you have another thing coming.

I disagree, Shawn Watson is an awful playcaller. If we have a scared QB, why didnt we run the ball more? Why is Shawn Watson so quick to abandon any efforts to establish the run, even when our offense is having success with it? Why (against Missouri) wasnt Rex Burkhead given the ball more in the 3rd quarter when he was the only offensive player who had really done anything? Why instead did Shawn Watson stick so heavily to the pass & make no effort to establish the run when Zac Lee hadnt completed 1 single pass in the entire 3rd quarter? Why is our offense as a whole so undisciplined? Does none of that fall on the offensive coordinator, who is paid big bucks to put a productive offense on the field? I completely disagree that 'Wats is fine'.

Edited by AngryHusker88

I disagree, Shawn Watson is an awful playcaller. If we have a scared QB, why didnt we run the ball more? Why is Shawn Watson so quick to abandon any efforts to establish the run, even when our offense is having success with it? Why (against Missouri) wasnt Rex Burkhead given the ball more in the 3rd quarter when he was the only offensive player who had really done anything? Why instead did Shawn Watson stick so heavily to the pass & make no effort to establish the run when Zac Lee hadnt completed 1 single pass in the entire 3rd quarter? Why is our offense as a whole so undisciplined? Does none of that fall on the offensive coordinator, who is paid big bucks to put a productive offense on the field? I completely disagree that 'Wats is fine'.

:yeah

I have been hearing that Bo has been getting more involved in the offense. I have this big fear that he might be "clueless" or a little "wet behind the ears" when it comes to offense. What do you think about giving Ron Brown a little bit more responsibility on the offense? Do you think that he can bring much to the table?

Nobody on the team knows anything about offense!! Especially the coaches !!!

Not that I don't feel that Ron Brown is a superior WR coach over Gilmore, because it is painfully obvious that he is, but if you think there will be a player see that field at WR that can't block with Ron Brown coaching you have another thing coming.

Do not disagree. But I was pointing to the fact that Gilmore will play WRs simply because they are better blockers, rather than who our playmakers are. That may have worked 10 years ago, but not in todays offense.

People have some insanely short-term memories when it comes to Watson. Does no one remember what he has done the past two years?

We cannot run for quite a few reasons ..

Mike Smith is a horrid run blocker

Jaivorio Burkes, our best lineman, is likely done

Rex Burkhead is hurt

Roy Helu's shoulder is messed up, badly

Ricky Henry has no idea blocking assignments and just goes recklessly, especially when he pulls

Jacob Hickman is hurt

Mike Caputo and gets pushed around rather easily unless he gets GREAT hand placement on bigger d-lineman

Barney teaches no technique, but rather ruthless aggression blocking which leads to a ton of miscues

Do you want me to go on? I can, if you need me to.

We did not run versus Mizzou, period. I've addressed this before. Missouri stuck 8-9 in the box, EVERY PLAY. Go back and look at the run totals - we did nothing until that last drive. While Zac was completely off, do you think it would have done any good running against a stacked box? Unless you wanted us going 3 TE sets almost every play, we weren't running that night.

Wats is fine. Our recruiting is not. We have no playmakers offensively. Helu is the only guy we have who is a threat, and his shoulder is severely jacked up. Our offense suffers because we have to rely on guys like Holt, who cannot get off of press coverage to save his life. Or Niles Paul who pouts when he isn't involved heavily early and commits mental mistake after mental mistake.

We had 8 turnovers. We had 4 inside the 5 yard line. Wats, and even Lee, consistently got us in position for the ISU game. But somehow, people blamed both of them. Was Wats fumbling that game? Was Lee fumbling? Or were both of them putting us in position that entire game?

Coach Watson just happens to be the whipping boy right now because he is the easy target. That is unfortunate because of what he has did for us during his tenure. And the minute he goes, and we get a 'Nebraska boy' as our OC, we will see even more endless whining when we realize what we had and let go.

Simply - get a playmaker. Get some talent on the field and quit relying almost entirely on Helu to shoulder the load for our entire offense.