What about Dr. Tom?

I don't know why everyone is laughing at the BCS bid thing.... It's not like the road to the Big 12 title game is laden with stud teams. And its not like the title game has never seen an upset. Coach Wats and the Buffs lost to Fresno and got blasted by Texas 40-7 or some such thing, then came back to stomp NU and take the decision in a rematch with Texas. Also note the Big 12 title game where Texas beat NU and kept them out of the national title hunt. Strange things happen. Our offense needs to click, but who's to say this weekend won't be the game that it starts to do just that.

tmfr.

I love your loyalty and belief.

I have in my possesion three fresh fairy eggs, one is gold the other two are made of emeralds and diamonds. I would be willing to let you have them for 100 dollars. Please let me know as there are others on here that will want them. :clap

Just teasing you a bit.

I admire your loyalty and dedicaiton. I am just trying to take some of the sting off of this season. We need to worry about what is imediately in front of us, nothing more.

Down the road we can consider where we are and where we might end up.

Speaking of Dr. Tom, I heard something interesting on USC the other day that I thought might be something you guys will be interested in hearing.

A caller phoned into the show and said he heard from a "very credible source who owns many Husker apparel stores in Nebraska" that while up in the press box in the Missouri game, Dr. Tom went up to Watson at the beginning of the fourth quarter and mentioned something to him about the safeties/corners for MU doing certain things consistently and leaving the deep route open. Next drive, Niles Paul is hit for the first touchdown of the game for NU.

Now granted, the guy did not divulge the source so there is some question of integrity, but hearing something like this wouldn't surprise me at all. Dr. Tom and Watson have a very close relationship and a lot of respect for one another. But it does make me slightly curious as to how Watson reads defenses during a given game.

So, take it as you will.

Speaking of Dr. Tom, I heard something interesting on USC the other day that I thought might be something you guys will be interested in hearing.

A caller phoned into the show and said he heard from a "very credible source who owns many Husker apparel stores in Nebraska" that while up in the press box in the Missouri game, Dr. Tom went up to Watson at the beginning of the fourth quarter and mentioned something to him about the safeties/corners for MU doing certain things consistently and leaving the deep route open. Next drive, Niles Paul is hit for the first touchdown of the game for NU.

Now granted, the guy did not divulge the source so there is some question of integrity, but hearing something like this wouldn't surprise me at all. Dr. Tom and Watson have a very close relationship and a lot of respect for one another. But it does make me slightly curious as to how Watson reads defenses during a given game.

So, take it as you will.

nope.

not buying it. no sir.

It wouldn't take until the fourth quarter for TO to spot defensive weaknesses.

He woulda had them pegged before the end of the first half!! And he would of had a list of vulnerabilities.

TO knows some frikken football...

So, take it as you will.

I believe Watson and the offensive staff needs a major upgrade before we are national or even BCS bowl contenders. They are not picking up on the minutiae and minor errors teams make through games. Any great offense would exploit the hell out of the teams we have faced this year. It's not as though we have been playing the greatest defenses all year or or offense isn't capable (spare Iowa State) but the play calling has been abysmal.

So, take it as you will.

nope.

not buying it. no sir.

He woulda had them pegged before the end of the first half!! And he would of had a list of vulnerabilities.

Haha yeah, good point.

However, it is possible that he didn't pick it up till the fourth quarter because it was something that MU had just started doing and not something they had been doing all game.

Also, sometimes it takes awhile in a game to develop a strategy for attacking a defense that isn't giving you a whole lot of options.

So, take it as you will.

nope.

not buying it. no sir.

Haha yeah, good point.

However, it is possible that he didn't pick it up till the fourth quarter because it was something that MU had just started doing and not something they had been doing all game.

Also, sometimes it takes awhile in a game to develop a strategy for attacking a defense that isn't giving you a whole lot of options.

nope.

not buying it. no sir.

Would Osborne feel the need to intervene so early in the game, especially after he's made it very clear upon taking the AD title that he would gladly help in any way he could but he would not do so without being asked? He's not going to just go over there and offer unsolicited advice at the start of the game.