What about Dr. Tom?

In all of our threads (start Green, Fire Pelini, whatever BS we've come up with)... Have we (the fans) become a bunch of prima-donna, whiney-butt babies? I know that in this age of technology our thoughts and frustrations and/or elations are easily passed about (it was tougher in the days of 'party-lines' and letters to the Editor!) so, it's likely not a fair comparison... BUT, I just wonder what Dr. Tom is saying... Do you suppose it's, "Stay the course young Mr. Pelini, you're not going to win by giving in to temptation brought on by frustration..." OR, is he saying, "Pelini! GET in here! What in the name of holy cornhuskin' are you THINKING!???" My guess is that Dr. Tom is calmly telling Coach Pelini, "I share your frustration Bo, but you have a solid game plan. Now throw in a tiny bit of option football for the fans of age and experience, get in there and fire your offensive line up with calm, quiet resolution and go out and beat Baylor."

Oh, I was gonna ask if we should start Green or Lee in Saturdays game, but maybe that's already been discussed...?

In all of our threads (start Green, Fire Pelini, whatever BS we've come up with)... Have we (the fans) become a bunch of prima-donna, whiney-butt babies? I know that in this age of technology our thoughts and frustrations and/or elations are easily passed about (it was tougher in the days of 'party-lines' and letters to the Editor!) so, it's likely not a fair comparison... BUT, I just wonder what Dr. Tom is saying... Do you suppose it's, "Stay the course young Mr. Pelini, you're not going to win by giving in to temptation brought on by frustration..." OR, is he saying, "Pelini! GET in here! What in the name of holy cornhuskin' are you THINKING!???" My guess is that Dr. Tom is calmly telling Coach Pelini, "I share your frustration Bo, but you have a solid game plan. Now throw in a tiny bit of option football for the fans of age and experience, get in there and fire your offensive line up with calm, quiet resolution and go out and beat Baylor."

Oh, I was gonna ask if we should start Green or Lee in Saturdays game, but maybe that's already been discussed...?

Yes, no and Maybe...Dr. Osborne I'm sure has played his cards of wisdom to Mr. Pelini and no doubt it was wise words. As long as TO is AD the ship will be righted...maybe not today or tomorrow but soon it will be. It takes time, let the coaches develop and learn about what it takes to be successful from the man that opitimizes success.

btw your last ? made me lol at the dedhoarse QB situation.

Why is the state of this program in panic mode all of the sudden? I am sure TO is giving advice, but it is still Bo's baby to run. I can't see the university having too much heat on Year 2 after the 4 year debacle they had and the money squandered away.

That's my point, I don't really think it IS in a state of panic. I think some of the fans are, but I think the program is still rolling along, feeling some heat from losses, but overall I think it's kind of status quo. This program never 'gives up' or throws in the towel, it just does what it knows.

Since when is a discussion forum too much for a coaching staff to handle? We're just asking questions and tossing around possibilities because we all the love the Huskers enough to be involved like this. Our thoughts mean nothing. Bo knows he's in charge. There were plenty of people that wanted Pederson and callahan gone but it wasn't until the program tanked that a decision was made. I guess I just don't understand why it's not acceptable to talk about football online. Not every discussion has to be happy and positive.

You don't think Tom has been under the gun of the fans????? What do you think people were saying in 1977 when they beat us in Lincoln????

DROP THE OPTION

THROW MORE

CHANGES NEEDED

Guess what, I bet Tom is thinking "damn im glad i didnt have a limited number of scholarships" "Iowa State had more heart that day"

Some of you guys throw our coaches and players under the bus so quickly.

The Offense Works, The players didn't execute. THE PLAYERS dropped the ball, ZAC LEE put the ball right where it needed to be, and even though threw behind a few times, they were CATCHABLE.

Iowa State had more heart and won the game.

Watson is a great coach.

Pelini is a GREAT coach.

We have GREAT players.

Dr. Tom had his own tough start with his own devastating losses to start his career. I think husker nation is just frustrated because we were so optimistic that this was the year of our return and we have faced a setback, we may have to wait for another year to return to prominence. With higher hopes, comes greater disappointment. We have a lot of respect for Bo and great, maybe unfair, expectations.

BCS bid, Where in the hell did I put my tinkerbell dust????

Reality.

May get to the big dance, but there isn't enough kool aid around to drown Texas with.

Let us just worry about Baylor. Most of us are worried about that after last weekend.

BCS bid, where did you get that Kool Aid or what ever it is you are on?

Reality.

May get to the big dance, but there isn't enough kool aid around to drown Texas with.

Let us just worry about Baylor. Most of us are worried about that after last weekend.

To be fair, even at Nebraska's lowest, we have always been able to compete with Texas. I could give you the numbers, but I don't want to do the research.

Reality.

"Tinkerbell dust" :laughpound

On topic: I'm sure AD Osborne is charting the progress and sees the baby steps taken away from the horrid previous regime.