Suh's Personal Foul

The most ridiculous thing about those calls is, it perpetuates the myth that a QB has to be a drop-back passer. For decades Nebraska had QBs who dished out as much punishment as they took when being tackled. They were real football players. They weren't these flimsy, stick-like pocket passers who bend like a reed in the wind at any sign of pressure.

These calls are designed to save these guys from the inevitibilities of this kind of football - namely, that your immobile, fragile QB is going to get popped.

I disagree with the notion that a pocket passer is so necessary to college football that we must protect the breed with special contact rules.

In short, I think these rules suck.

Co-sign.

ill carry the balance. the announcer said it best at one point.. "this is still tackle football, is it not?"

Maybe the Big 12 refs should get fined and suspended like in the SEC. Several plays like this called in numerous B12 games today! :box:box:angry:

Hell yeahzzz!! They called a personal foul on an OSU defender last night who hit a UT receiver. During the replay though, the defender did nothing more than stand his ground and hit the receiver with his shoulder. They called it un-necessary roughness. It was a lame ass call :angry:

That was not even close to a penalty. The play was still live, the whistles had not blown and it was a clean tackle. There is no rule that says you can not slam a player down.

The QB did a great job acting and somehow drew a flag. Unbelievable.

It was the worst call I have ever seen.

This was the only part of the game that really upset me. The refs said "slamming the quarterback to the ground." That's known as a tackle in the other conferences. Just ridiculous. There qb could scramble. It's not like he was helplessly falling to the ground and suh picked him up and drove him to the turf landing all 300 pounds on top of him. He grabbed the qb and spun him back into the turf. I wonder if they would've viewed it differently if suh would've gone down with him. Probably would've looked more like a "tackle." Horrible horrible call.

I want to see a video clip of this hit. Considering it's pretty obvious it WASN't a penalty, I think it's ok to celebrate it as one of the greastest and nastiest hits to come from our Blackshirts in a long time.

Ya, does anyone have a link to a video clip of the personal foul

Maybe the Big 12 refs should get fined and suspended like in the SEC. Several plays like this called in numerous B12 games today! :box:box:angry:

That crew in Baylor was having a hell of a time. If it wasn't a review of some sort, it was the clock being screwed up.

I can't believe how much protection the refs are giving QBs now-and it's not just the Big 12, it's all of the NCAA. They also seem to be blowing more calls than ever. I've had a couple people tell me that Indiana got jobbed by the refs so bad, that it was sickening.

I watched the highlights of this hit today, Lawerence was never down, and the whistle was never blown. Suh wanted to make sure the QB went down, and it was a clean "throw-down" tackle. Refs just thought that Suh went over the top and gave him a penalty.

Come on refs, this is football, not a broadway show.

I watched the highlights of this hit today, Lawerence was never down, and the whistle was never blown. Suh wanted to make sure the QB went down, and it was a clean "throw-down" tackle. Refs just thought that Suh went over the top and gave him a penalty.

Come on refs, this is football, not a broadway show.

This is hard to be sure of, but it seems to be the crux of what the ref was calling. He said "after the play was over" meaning whistles had been blown. Listening at home, and rewinding SEVERAL times, I never heard a whistle until after the QB was on the ground.

It's possible that the whistle was blowing and the TV mics didn't pick it up, but that's unlikely. They have those parabolic mics on the sidelines to pick up the whistles, and they very clearly pick up voices shouting "PASS!" or the QB shouting audibles, so they should be able to pick up a sharp, clear whistle.

The other thing is, if someone was blowing a whistle that the mics didn't pick up, the Ref must have superhuman hearing to have heard it. Either way, it was so muted that the mics didn't pick it up, and it's pretty clear that if they didn't, Suh didn't hear it, and that being the case, it's a BS call.

Bottom line - the whistle had not blown, or if it had it was so quiet that it was impossible to hear. Should not have been a foul.