Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

Holy sh#t. I didn't know we had people on this board who are more qualified than the on-scene officer when determining if an accident is alcohol related or not. What else can you people do that you've been hiding??

Why is that supriseing, aparently we have better coaches for the team online as well.

wait for it......................................

:laughpound

Holy sh#t. I didn't know we had people on this board who are more qualified than the on-scene officer when determining if an accident is alcohol related or not. What else can you people do that you've been hiding??

My experience in the drinking sciences make me an expert in this area and because of my login name I can confirm that blowing .035 is definitely not impaired.

Pelini had previously discussed a zero-tolerance alcohol policy for NU players.

“The zero tolerance is for drunkenness,” Pelini said. “He was far from drunk. I know where he was and what he did that night, and that doesn’t fall under that category. I deal with that on a case-by-case basis.”

So, that answers that question. Funny - isn't that what the vast majority of us have been saying all through this thread?

The Link that Ended the Debate

Pelini had previously discussed a zero-tolerance alcohol policy for NU players.

“The zero tolerance is for drunkenness,” Pelini said. “He was far from drunk. I know where he was and what he did that night, and that doesn’t fall under that category. I deal with that on a case-by-case basis.”

So, that answers that question. Funny - isn't that what the vast majority of us have been saying all through this thread?

The Link that Ended the Debate

Don't be ridiculous Knappic. Obviously Bo and yourself do not understand that a ZERO TOLERANCE ALCOHOL policy means that if you have a drink in your body and ANYTHING happens . . . you are suspended. I don't know why you can't get it through your head. <_<

You should probably be saying that one can be charged with a dui. Theres no way you're gonna be convicted. As far as the State v. Batts precedent, no lawyer worth his salt is going to allow their client to be convicted based on the word of one cop.

I think that's what i've been saying all along, was that he COULD have been charged. Obviously it happened at some point, or else the precedent wouldn't be there.

Maybe. But there is no way he is going to get a DUI blowing a .035 regardless. Admit you're wrong and the thread can move on.

Not wrong, I posted the law, and pointed out that Suh could have been charged under the law. Other people are posting opinions.

Here's the Zero Tolerance thing, do you guys seriously not know how to use Google?

From back in 2008, Suh probably violated the policy, Pelini will handle it internally as always, life will move on. If it were Christiansen or Niles Paul, I would highly doubt that they would play the rest of the year after their earlier violations.

http://www.ketv.com/bigredzone/15566877/detail.html

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

"Our players also understand that certain establishments are off limits, and that the policy also pertains to their behavior in other social settings. I made it clear to them that our policy will be strictly enforced.

"Coach Osborne, myself, and our staff are all in agreement that the culture of this program will be one centered on respect, integrity and discipline. We all agree that culture must extend well beyond the football field."

That doesn't explain the policy at all-- it's just restating, unofficially, that there is a "zero tolerance" for all alcohol all together, nor does it say that it's only for alcohol-related crimes/bad behavior, but it could be interpreted to imply either. This post doesn't make it any clearer (and that may have been your point in the first place :) ).

Here's the Zero Tolerance thing, do you guys seriously not know how to use Google?

From back in 2008, Suh probably violated the policy, Pelini will handle it internally as always, life will move on. If it were Christiansen or Niles Paul, I would highly doubt that they would play the rest of the year after their earlier violations.

http://www.ketv.com/bigredzone/15566877/detail.html

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

"Our players also understand that certain establishments are off limits, and that the policy also pertains to their behavior in other social settings. I made it clear to them that our policy will be strictly enforced.

"Coach Osborne, myself, and our staff are all in agreement that the culture of this program will be one centered on respect, integrity and discipline. We all agree that culture must extend well beyond the football field."

That doesn't explain the policy at all-- it's just restating, unofficially, that there is a "zero tolerance" for all alcohol all together, nor does it say that it's only for alcohol-related crimes/bad behavior, but it could be interpreted to imply either. This post doesn't make it any clearer (and that may have been your point in the first place :) ).

And Bo clarified the policy today in black and white, he meant drunkeness. But at the same time Suh is being dealt with for being out late. I will applaud Bo for clarifying something for once in his coaching tenure here :clap (although later he did give himself an out and say case by case basis).

So my interpretation of the zero tolerance was wrong, and i'll openly admit that. Bo made it clear what is what. Glad nobody got hurt beyond a few feelings here, lets get on with kicking some Gooner butt now.

I'm sorry, but when our best player is fodder across the country for being caught hitting 3 parked cars after being out drinking, it is an issue. Maybe not enough to merit a suspension, but that parked car could have just as easily been another car with people inside, or a group of college kids standing along side the road.

But you know what? It wasn't! I don't recall reading anything about failure to repaort the accident, leavint the scene or abusive behavior. Jump off the PC bandwagon.

If you have never had a 0.035 BAC, I'm glad I don't know you!!!

Rumors have been flying around that the Lincoln police officer was a Husker fan and covered up the truth (i.e.; Suh was drunk and a lot higher than .035). Claims have been made the only way to hit three cars and cause so much damage was if Suh was drunk and speeding.

HONEST question: Do you think a Lincoln police officer would cover for Suh to protect his status and game eligibility?

Please tell me this is NOT true!