Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

I know what ZERO TOLERANCE means.

I am asking, who or what is the source of this zero tolerance on alcohol policy?

My post was directed towards treeman

Ok, so now we have a "sorta zero tolerance" policy

As long as we are all on the same page.

The #1 player on the team breaks team rules, rather than punish the player, we interpet the rules so that he can continue to play?

I'm a big Suh fan, but as a leader on the field, he has to be a leader off the field. I would have more respect for him if got some type of punishment rather than running stairs.

It is a petty offense, it sucks, but rules are rules.

It does talk about respect, integrity and discipline. It talks about alcohol and social responsibility, truth is only the players and Bo knows what it really means. If I had a bet, Suh is running extra, and probably had to apologize to his teamates. If I were Bo, i'd take his blackshirt away and tell him not to do it again. It's just a matter of opinion and a pissing contest after that, but hey, isn't that what message boards are for

This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Suh was involved in a CAR ACCIDENT that was NOT ALCOHOL RELATED.

Let me repeat that. This is NOT AN ALCOHOL RELATED INCIDENT.

Now, going from there to the zero tolerance policy. If you actually read the article where Bo said that, it's very apparent that he is referring to zero tolerance against alcohol related incidents. It is not a policy towards drinking in general. The players can drink, but they must be responsible drinkers. Driving after consuming 3-4 beers over the course of 2 hours is acceptable and responsible. If someone gets a DUI or the cops called on them while they were intoxicated, it would be considered as irresponsible behavior, and it would represent an incident that the zero tolerance policy applies to. Suh was in an accident where alcohol was NOT a factor. As I stated earlier, this is a car accident, not an alcohol related incident.

He didn't break a single team rule. Again, there is no team rule against consuming alcohol.

Let it go already. It's a non issue :bang

This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Suh was involved in a CAR ACCIDENT that was NOT ALCOHOL RELATED.

Let me repeat that. This is NOT AN ALCOHOL RELATED INCIDENT.

Now, going from there to the zero tolerance policy. If you actually read the article where Bo said that, it's very apparent that he is referring to zero tolerance against alcohol related incidents. It is not a policy towards drinking in general. The players can drink, but they must be responsible drinkers. Driving after consuming 3-4 beers over the course of 2 hours is acceptable and responsible. If someone gets a DUI or the cops called on them while they were intoxicated, it would be considered as irresponsible behavior, and it would represent an incident that the zero tolerance policy applies to. Suh was in an accident where alcohol was NOT a factor. As I stated earlier, this is a car accident, not an alcohol related incident.

He didn't break a single team rule. Again, there is no team rule against consuming alcohol.

Let it go already. It's a non issue :bang

I think it's a stretch to argue the "incident" side when he mentions that you can't even go into certain bars. You can argue all that you want that it wasn't alcohol related, but that's really just your opinion. I would guess that had he not had those drinks, he wouldn't of hit the cars. That's my opinion.

Either way we can argue more tomorrow, Suh is scheduled to be interviewed tomorrow at the luncheon according to the LJS.

I think it's a stretch to argue the "incident" side when he mentions that you can't even go into certain bars. You can argue all that you want that it wasn't alcohol related, but that's really just your opinion. I would guess that had he not had those drinks, he wouldn't of hit the cars. That's my opinion.

Either way we can argue more tomorrow, Suh is scheduled to be interviewed tomorrow at the luncheon according to the LJS.

Yes, if they go to certain bars they are breaking team rules and subject to the zero tolerance policy.

And this isn't a random opinion. He blew a .035, which has almost no effect on your motor skills. The cop also apparently didn't note any impaired motor skills.

He was on a narrow residential street, meaning there really isn't much room for error. It really wouldn't take a huge swerve to hit cars parked along the street, and the collision could easily send you to the other side of the street.

You're making a conjecture with literally nothing to back it up with. As I've said before, Suh has shown outstanding character. It's a bit classless to drag his reputation through the mud with what is essentially a baseless accusation.

I agree with most and the fact that no law was broken as far as being alcohol related. I guess I'm a little more disappointed with the time of the accident. 2:20 am.... Nothing good happens after midnight plus the added hour from the time change. I'm sure it's being handled internally as probably a lot of other issues that have come up that we don't ever hear about.

How come no one is asking how the hell Suh could afford a Rover? What kind of college kid are driving $70000 SUVs?!

It's a 2003 model and probably more in the lines of a 10-15 thousand $$ vehicle registered in his mother's name. How many cheerleaders are driving around in $50,000 vehicles getting teaching degrees that they will never use?

Will this be a coaches decision, or does this go to the unity council?

He was under the legal limit, but does the team have a zero tolerance policy?

He was trying to miss a dog or a cat.... Hell, he might be perceived as a good guy.

Do you really believe that? Trying to miss a cat? If so, I've got a one owner bridge in south Kearney County I'd like to talk to you about...............

This is like why we went into Iraq - for WMD's........Fair and Balanced.....

Sorry, but that is really silly.

He was trying to miss a dog or a cat.... Hell, he might be perceived as a good guy.

Do you really believe that? Trying to miss a cat? If so, I've got a one owner bridge in south Kearney County I'd like to talk to you about...............

This is like why we went into Iraq - for WMD's........Fair and Balanced.....

Sorry, but that is really silly.

Really silly is not being able to see the humor in that post...

How come no one is asking how the hell Suh could afford a Rover? What kind of college kid are driving $70000 SUVs?!

Sunday after this thread was posted I went over to visit Suh's Rover. I've actually seen it around town before this, and only just realized it was Suh's as I looked at it after this thread was posted. For a Land Rover it's... meh. I have a Santa Fe that's in better condition. It is NOT worth $70K, even pre-accident.