I met Joe Ganz today

It was nothing really, the grand opening of a new grocery store in Omaha. Didn't even know he was going to be there until I got there. I just told him that he carried himself with class while he was at NU and still does, and he thanked me. That was it, he was very gracious. I was flying high for the rest of the day though. And I'm no young kid. It got me to wondering why. I think I would have had the same reaction even if it had been someone who had not had the same success. It's the program. I'm no insider, never even played high school ball. I've probably been to 20 Husker games over the years. But for 15 seconds I was within arm's length of the greatest college football program on Earth. I love this program!! I love this state!!!

Had a similar experience years ago after the 94 National Championship. I was working on a Saturday and got out early, I decided to go to Husker Heaven to look at getting some shirts. When I got there I was blown away, that years offensive line was there sighning autographs. I got to meet Branden Stai, Joel Wilks, Zac Weigert and Rob Zatisca (spelled wrong?). Most of them we very cool, sorry, thought Zac was a jerk!!! I bought a shirt and got them all to sign it, still have it some were. Personally, we should stick this years O line in a room with those guys for awhile, maybe they could straighten them out. :) Anyway, it was very cool. After the 95 National Championship, that spring, Tommie Frazier and Clester Johnson along with Jerry Tagge were at No Frills in Bellevue sighning autographs. I went to that and got about 20 feet from their table and their time was up (the line was insane, no way was everyone going to get something signed by them) and they had to leave. That sucked, but I did get to see them up close, was pretty cool.

Few years ago I was in line at Cabelas, TO was in front of me. It was 9 a.m., the store was dead. I told my 2 friends "I know who it is. And ya know what, he's a dude, at a store, buying stuff. So lets just leave him alone, and not be those annoying guys who call him 'Coach'."

Unless they are at a meet and greet, or a signing, or something public like that, I don't see any need to bother a player or coach. Just let them be.

I played ball with Clester Johnson. He was our QB in HS. My fist Dr Tom sighting in person, is when he came to our school to recruit Clester. He was in the office with Coach Faiman and I about shat myself, when I seen hm sitting there. I thought that was pretty cool. I played Jr high ball with John Parrella. He crushed me on more than one occasion. Even back then, he was a man child!I got smoked by Reggie Baul once too. That mother was FAST! While standing out side of our Fraternity House in Lincoln, every Saturday morning Dr Tom would jog by us. We would scream and cheer and say that we were going to "Kill (enter team here)" today. He would always come back with, "We'll do what we can boys, see you all at the game".

I too have a bunch of signed Husker stuff that are my prized possessions.

Few years ago I was in line at Cabelas, TO was in front of me. It was 9 a.m., the store was dead. I told my 2 friends "I know who it is. And ya know what, he's a dude, at a store, buying stuff. So lets just leave him alone, and not be those annoying guys who call him 'Coach'."

Unless they are at a meet and greet, or a signing, or something public like that, I don't see any need to bother a player or coach. Just let them be.

Uh-oh. Did I screw up the other day when I said, "Hey, Coach" to Bo when I saw him out one morning? Are you not supposed to do that?

I have a signed photo of DeJuan Groce wishing me a Happy Fathers Day.

I talked to a former 4 year letter earning TE that played from 2003-2007 just yesterday.

I am going to send an e-mail to a former 4 year letter earning CB that played from 1997-2001 in about 2 minutes.

A former 4 year letter earning TE that played 1985-1988 was my Probation Officer about 15 years ago. :wasted:cop:

My Brother in Law works with a former WB that has a bullet in his backside everyday.

Joey Ganz is going to milk that Husker Fame for all it is worth just like Johnny “The Jet” Rodgers. <_<

How is the new No Frills? :dunno