Why is everyone so negative?

You're putting a lot of stock in Venebles. Stoops staff almost on an annual basis gets its good coordinators picked off. Venebles has yet to be picked off. This should tell you something.

It does in terms of Head Coaching but come on man, they are a top ranked defense year in and year out. as a whole our fan base is putting to much stock in the man the myth the legend Cody Green and his unusual ability to gain a few yards on the ground. We have put so much stock in it in fact that we don't care about mistakes or lack of passing and in many cases we don't care about the rest of this year because the man the myth the legend is the "future"

Where did OU's D end up last year? Were they even in the top 20? OU's fans will be the first to tell you about a Venebles coached D. I'm surprised Stoops himself hasn't taken over the duties of DC. That being said, I have no doubt they can run base D and more than hold our O in check.

You're putting a lot of stock in Venebles. Stoops staff almost on an annual basis gets its good coordinators picked off. Venebles has yet to be picked off. This should tell you something.

It does in terms of Head Coaching but come on man, they are a top ranked defense year in and year out. as a whole our fan base is putting to much stock in the man the myth the legend Cody Green and his unusual ability to gain a few yards on the ground. We have put so much stock in it in fact that we don't care about mistakes or lack of passing and in many cases we don't care about the rest of this year because the man the myth the legend is the "future"

Where did OU's D end up last year? Were they even in the top 20? OU's fans will be the first to tell you about a Venebles coached D. I'm surprised Stoops himself hasn't taken over the duties of DC. That being said, I have no doubt they can run base D and more than hold our O in check.

Junior,

to argue about Venables is a waste of both of our times.

You did sum it up best though when you said they can run base D and keep us in check.

yes they can and i think they will. we seem to think the threat of the QB run is going to throw them off but the reality is the lack of a passing attack will make Cody a marked man. Lee might play cuz Cody might get hurt.

I CERTAINLY HOPE HE DOESN'T

I don't think it matters who the QB is. Teams are going to stack the box with the idea that the QB is going to have to beat them with the long ball. I don't think we have the weapons to do that. We don't have the OL to keep the D out long enough to give the QB time to do it, and we don't have the receivers to get open, catch the ball, and hold onto it after they catch it.

I don't think it matters who the QB is. Teams are going to stack the box with the idea that the QB is going to have to beat them with the long ball. I don't think we have the weapons to do that. We don't have the OL to keep the D out long enough to give the QB time to do it, and we don't have the receivers to get open, catch the ball, and hold onto it after they catch it.

What I think is going to happen in practice this week, is every day for at least 30 minutes they will be going good on good meaning 1's on 1's to get that OL and the rest of the Offense acclimated for what they will face against OU. Me personally I would much rather face OU's front 4 than ours. Remember this, OU's front 4 isn't even close to ours. Granted they have the better LB's but our secondary overall is better than theirs as well. We probably have the best tandem of DT's in the nation in Suh & Crick....YES I SAID THE NATION!! We also have the advantage in having the better DE's in Turner & Allen. Defensively NU has the major clear cut advantage on Defense than OU. If we can score 14-21 points we will win the game. If we get a lead, we will win as OU's Offense this year is not good enough to successfully or consistantly move the ball or score on the Blackshirts. You say look what Texas Tech did, they did have very many yards but they scored points because the Blackshirts were on the field all day long with no help from the Offense. If the Offense shows up to play and we score 14-21 points as I said, that is all it will take to win this game.

I stand by my prediction OU by 21.

I dunno, saying that OU will take us out by 21 isnt taking a shot at our offense, but rather our defense. I think our defense will be better than that. Like i said before, i think its going to be a low scoring game, but OU will put points on the board by means of TD's and will we be kicking FG's all game long.

Our defense is great, but a recurring theme over the past few weeks is that the offense simply can't stay on the field for more than a few minutes at a time, and it's wearing our defense down. We can hold them in the 1st half, but if our O isn't producing in the 2nd half, then expect OU to start rackin up the points.

What I think is going to happen in practice this week, is every day for at least 30 minutes they will be going good on good meaning 1's on 1's to get that OL and the rest of the Offense acclimated for what they will face against OU. Me personally I would much rather face OU's front 4 than ours. Remember this, OU's front 4 isn't even close to ours. Granted they have the better LB's but our secondary overall is better than theirs as well. We probably have the best tandem of DT's in the nation in Suh & Crick....YES I SAID THE NATION!! We also have the advantage in having the better DE's in Turner & Allen. Defensively NU has the major clear cut advantage on Defense than OU. If we can score 14-21 points we will win the game. If we get a lead, we will win as OU's Offense this year is not good enough to successfully or consistantly move the ball or score on the Blackshirts. You say look what Texas Tech did, they did have very many yards but they scored points because the Blackshirts were on the field all day long with no help from the Offense. If the Offense shows up to play and we score 14-21 points as I said, that is all it will take to win this game.

The difference in total defense between Nebraska and OU is two spots. Nebraska ranks #9 and OU at #11. There's less than 9 yards per game difference between the defenses. Now, let's look at who they've played. Of the teams that were ranked or are ranked now, OU's played 4. BYU's offense is #10 in the country, Miami is #55, Texas is #31, and KU is #11. Nebraska's played 3. VT's offense is #73, TT is #4, and Mizzou's is #64. From the numbers, it's difficult to say our D is any better than OU's. Say what you will about the front 4 and all that, but OU's rush defense is #3 in the country while Nebraska's is #10. OU ranks #5 in sacks while Nebraska ranks #9. In the tackles for loss, again OU wins hands down coming in at #3 versus Nebraska's ranking of #18. If anything, we have a better secondary considering the passing defense numbers. I don't want to take anything away from our D as they've played great this season. However, to think we have the superior D in the upcoming game is naive.

On the offensive side of the ball, OU is ranked #30. Nebraska is ranked #68. OU is ranked #20 in scoring offense. I think we're going to need more points than 14 to beat them. OU is ranked #9 for passes intercepted while Nebraska is ranked #63. It's conceivable that they get a defensive score against us. OU is ranked #13 for turnovers gained while Nebraska is #76. Odds are OU's D has a much better chance to score on us than our D has of scoring on them. I think Nebraska has to put up at least 24 points to even have a chance in this game.

The difference in total defense between Nebraska and OU is two spots. Nebraska ranks #9 and OU at #11. There's less than 9 yards per game difference between the defenses. Now, let's look at who they've played. Of the teams that were ranked or are ranked now, OU's played 4. BYU's offense is #10 in the country, Miami is #55, Texas is #31, and KU is #11. Nebraska's played 3. VT's offense is #73, TT is #4, and Mizzou's is #64. From the numbers, it's difficult to say our D is any better than OU's. Say what you will about the front 4 and all that, but OU's rush defense is #3 in the country while Nebraska's is #10. OU ranks #5 in sacks while Nebraska ranks #9. In the tackles for loss, again OU wins hands down coming in at #3 versus Nebraska's ranking of #18. If anything, we have a better secondary considering the passing defense numbers. I don't want to take anything away from our D as they've played great this season. However, to think we have the superior D in the upcoming game is naive.

On the offensive side of the ball, OU is ranked #30. Nebraska is ranked #68. OU is ranked #20 in scoring offense. I think we're going to need more points than 14 to beat them. OU is ranked #9 for passes intercepted while Nebraska is ranked #63. It's conceivable that they get a defensive score against us. OU is ranked #13 for turnovers gained while Nebraska is #76. Odds are OU's D has a much better chance to score on us than our D has of scoring on them. I think Nebraska has to put up at least 24 points to even have a chance in this game.

We have faced 3. TT which is #4 Gauranteed TT will dent them for way more yards than than us. TT also had 185 more total yards against Texas than us. As far as BYU goes, they are in a conference that doesn't even know what Defense is The Nasty WAC. As far as the Rushing Defense goes, we have faced more rushing teams than OU this as well...See Ark St and VT. KU is an Overrated #11 in Offense racking up numbers against nobodies. I'll give Texas. Say what what you want, but NU to this point has faced more passing teams thus far than OU...

Regardless, OU's front 4 is getting it done. They have more tackles for loss, and they have more sacks. Both defenses are good/great. It's the offenses that tell the story. We can say they have a poor OL all we want but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? At the end of the day, their offense despite their poor OL is ranked much better than our offense with our poor OL. OU goes into the game with a QB that has faced some pretty good competition while we go into the game with a true frosh QB that hasn't seen good competition.

Regardless, OU's front 4 is getting it done. They have more tackles for loss, and they have more sacks. Both defenses are good/great. It's the offenses that tell the story. We can say they have a poor OL all we want but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? At the end of the day, their offense despite their poor OL is ranked much better than our offense with our poor OL. OU goes into the game with a QB that has faced some pretty good competition while we go into the game with a true frosh QB that hasn't seen good competition.

OU Blitzes quite quite a bit, we on the other hand don't have to. The tackles for loss have been spread throughout the DL, LB,s Safties, Corners Etc. Our front 4 has more production than their front 4 does.

Lee is probably gonna start the game not Green, but both QB's will play in the game.

OU Blitzes quite quite a bit, we on the other hand don't have to. The tackles for loss have been spread throughout the DL, LB,s Safties, Corners Etc. Our front 4 has more production than their front 4 does.

We have the better front 4 by just a bit, their back 7 is better than ours. With that said, I think Prince, Dennard and Asante are playing pretty well right now, as is Dillard. Fisher and O'Hanlon have their moments, Compton seems to be lost in the mix, but I think that's mostly cause we've had to play so much nickle. Hagg hasn't been consistent enough for me this year.