Why is everyone so negative?

Not trying to be negative, just telling it how I see it. I mean, we only scored 20 against Baylor and seven of those points came from a special teams play! Sorry, but OU's D is going to eat Nebraska's offense for lunch.

How many interceptions will they have on our little horizontal screen plays we always run? I'm putting the over/under at two.

I'll bet everything i own on the over. I would say the over under should be 3-4. One of which will assuradely be returned for a TD.

I will be the first to go on record...we are going to have our asses handed to us. We have NO offense. OU wins by at least 21. If you are going to the game, go to enjoy the college atmosphere, don't go expecting Nebraska to win.

Ok if we get our asses handed to us, you'll have your day in the sun with the I told you so factor going for ya but if we win, do you promise to leave Husker Nation as we don't need worthless so called fans such as you that truly give Husker Nation a bad name?

I don't know why the majority of huskers fans are writing this game off as an automatic loss. The game is in Lincoln, Bradford is not playing, and we have an outstanding defense. I know our offense has struggled mightily this year but who knows with a few breaks we could easily score enough points to win this game. I know it will be an uphill battle to beat Oklahoma but come on guys have a little faith dang.

You think we're negative? You should read some of the comments on the nebraska state paper website. There are people there that think we are 2 head coaches away from being relevent. One guy was whining about callahan's team thanked the students and band after the game and Bo's doesn't. I think I've read one post where someone was calling for Bo's head but he was also talking about quitting and becoming an alabama fan or some such nonsense.

The people here seem to be realistic about things. To some that makes us crybabies and we're accused of "melting down" but it's just discussion. The general concensus is support for the team and staff. We have a very big challenge in front of us with a qb that has one game under his belt. This would've been the best D zac lee has seen. Our OC is still trying to mapout a gameplan for our offense, our rb group has been decimated, none of our recievers can be counted on consistently and the oline can't get out of it's own way. Lot of issues to deal with. That said the entire north still stinks. I mean KU benched Reesing down 2 scores with 7 to play and possession of the football...

Wasnt this the game that most Husker fans circled as a loss prior to the season? I know I did. Still do. I'm okay with that.

Its okay to understand that OU is playing better right now and should win, whether its close or ugly.

I just hope the Huskers go into the game loosey-goosey, have some fun, feed off the fans, go nuts out there and enjoy it. This is not the game you want to play tense and afraid of taking shots. Go out there and mess with OU the best you can... who knows?

I don't know why the majority of huskers fans are writing this game off as an automatic loss. The game is in Lincoln, Bradford is not playing, and we have an outstanding defense. I know our offense has struggled mightily this year but who knows with a few breaks we could easily score enough points to win this game. I know it will be an uphill battle to beat Oklahoma but come on guys have a little faith dang.

Saying "our offense has struggled" is putting it kindly. More like "we have no offense" or "our offense does not exist", that would be a more appropriate way to describe what is occurring.

I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell at beating OU; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we were held scoreless.

I'm expecting something like 24 - 3 or 28 - 0. :bang

You are putting too much faith in OU's Offense and I will say this, if we can put up 14-21 points in that game we will win as OU's Offense isn't good enough to successfully or consistantly move the ball or score against our Defense. OU hasn't seen a front 4 the calibur of ours and won't the rest of the year and no OU's isn't even close to ours. OU's offense isn't even close to Techs. Landry will get mercilously beat up in that game and he will be pressured quite a bit forcing him to make quite a few mistakes. There is a reason we lead and have lead this conference in Pass Defense. This game is going is to go down as one of the Defensive classiics in the NU/OU series. You people forget very easily that this isn't just another game, this is Nebraska/Oklahoma. I would not be surprised one bit to see the same type of Defensive performance that we saw against Mizzou as it is Oklahoma coupled with a little bit of revenge after what happened last year. Case in point, what did Mizzou do to us last year and what did we do to them this year on the Defensive side of the ball. I truly think it will be Zac Lee playing this game, and picking apart the OU secondary. I think you will see a different attitude in the team as a whole in this game. With that front 4 it's pretty much pick your poison, and Suh and company are gonna want to make a huge, huge statement in this game.

I will be the first to go on record...we are going to have our asses handed to us. We have NO offense. OU wins by at least 21. If you are going to the game, go to enjoy the college atmosphere, don't go expecting Nebraska to win.

Ok if we get our asses handed to us, you'll have your day in the sun with the I told you so factor going for ya but if we win, do you promise to leave Husker Nation as we don't need worthless so called fans such as you that truly give Husker Nation a bad name?

You have no right to even ask that...get a life. :box As with anyone else, I have the right to my opinion. If you disagree, so be it, but you are no better than I am as a fan. If you think you are, then you need to get a reality check. I have probably been a fan since I was a toddler, and that is not going to change because of someone like you that don't like what they hear. I am going no where...especially because you, who has a whole 29 posts has asked for it. :nutz

You have no right to even ask that...get a life. :box As with anyone else, I have the right to my opinion. If you disagree, so be it, but you are no better than I am as a fan. If you think you are, then you need to get a reality check. I have probably been a fan since I was a toddler, and that is not going to change because of someone like you that don't like what they hear. I am going no where...especially because you, who has a whole 29 posts has asked for it. :nutz

I'm 43 and the very first NU/OU game I attended was 1978, matter of fact that was my first game as well. I have been a fan since I was very small, I was 5 when NU won the NC in 71' and I remember it. I have family that were Co-Captains in 83, and 88. I have always bled Husker RED!! and what it means to be a true fan is to take the good with the bad and not slam every little thing that goes wrong. People are very dilusional if they think we will ever have a run like we did back in the 90's. College Football will never see that kind of dominance again EVER!! So get over it. We are trying to rebuild what Pederson and Callahan tore down and you are calling for heads in just year 2 pathetic. You want to keep blaming Watson for the short comings of the Offense, did you not listen before the season even started. Wats and Bo even said that the O was gonna take time to find itself as we lost alot of experience from last years team coupled with Castille being kicked off the team to Helu being hurt most of the year to Burkhead out for the year to good receivers not being able to catch the ball. That does not mean one bit that we have no chance to win the game Saturday. Read my other post on this thread.

I'm 43 and the very first NU/OU game I attended was 1978, matter of fact that was my first game as well as I have been a fan as well since I was very small. I was 5 when NU won the NC in 71' and I remember it. I have family that were Co-Captains in 83, and 88. I have always bled Husker RED!! and what it means to be a true fan is to take the good with the bad and not slam every little thing that goes bad. People are very dilusional if they think we will ever have a run like we did back in the 90's. College Football will never see that kind of dominance again EVER!! So get over it. We are trying to rebuild what Pederson and Callahan tore down and you are calling for heads in just year 2 pathetic. You want to keep blaming Watson for the short comings of the Offense, did you not listen before the season even started. Wats and Bo even said that the O was gonna take time to find itself as we lost alot of experience from last years team couple with Castille being kicked off the team to Helu being hurt most of the year to Burkhead out for the year to good receivers not being able to catch the ball. That does not mean one bit that we have no chance to win the game Saturday. Read my other post on this thread.

I am a bit older than you...and you have a right to your opiniion...but so do I. That, is my point. You will not silence me, just because you disagree with my views.

Nebraska's offense scored 13 pts against baylor.

ONE touchdown.

The game easily could have been 13-10, or 13-13 had baylor made that FG.

OU put up 33 against Baylor, and only let them score 7.

I'd say that means their offense is better than Nebraska's, and their Defense is better than Nebraska's.

OU > NU

Bradford played that game. And their front 4 is not better than our front 4 (both on defense). I think it's going to be a defensive battle BUT I HAVE FAITH THAT OUR D CAN KEEP US IN THE GAME AND GIVE A CODY GREEN-LEAD OFFENSE OPPORTUNITIES.

You're putting a lot of stock in Venebles. Stoops staff almost on an annual basis gets its good coordinators picked off. Venebles has yet to be picked off. This should tell you something.

It does in terms of Head Coaching but come on man, they are a top ranked defense year in and year out. as a whole our fan base is putting to much stock in the man the myth the legend Cody Green and his unusual ability to gain a few yards on the ground. We have put so much stock in it in fact that we don't care about mistakes or lack of passing and in many cases we don't care about the rest of this year because the man the myth the legend is the "future"

You're putting a lot of stock in Venebles. Stoops staff almost on an annual basis gets its good coordinators picked off. Venebles has yet to be picked off. This should tell you something.

It does in terms of Head Coaching but come on man, they are a top ranked defense year in and year out. as a whole our fan base is putting to much stock in the man the myth the legend Cody Green and his unusual ability to gain a few yards on the ground. We have put so much stock in it in fact that we don't care about mistakes or lack of passing and in many cases we don't care about the rest of this year because the man the myth the legend is the "future"

i bet 2 mortgage payments on OU at -6. want more anyone want to take my action