Essentials for a Visitor

Greetings from Norman!

I am a student at OU and will be traveling to Lincoln for the game this weekend. My buddies and I are wondering what the essential Lincoln activities are. We will be in town Friday evening through Sunday morning. What are the best restaurants to try? What should we be sure not to miss on gameday? Thanks for any help, here's to a hard fought game!

BOOMER!

Anything in the Haymarket is great on game day. They have bars and restaurants that are all really nice. The tailgating scene around the stadium is fantastic as well and I'm sure some Husker faithful would let you party with them. Other than that, tours of the stadium are great. Downtown is the place to be on gameday.

Cheers to a great game! GO BIG RED!

Food-

BisonWitches for great warm sandwiches and reasonably priced beer.

Misty's for steak/bit more upscale dining.

DeLeon's: Late night drunk food . . . get the Lincoln Burrito.

Gourmet Grill: If you like the gyro thing.

YiaYia's: Pizza.

Drink-

Sandy's: Standard bar, normal crowd, get a pitcher of Elk Creek.

Brother's: Probably the best happy hour in town . . . $4 pitchers of nearly all tap beers.

Downtown/Dillingers: I think these are still the go to bars if you want to dance . . . definitely attracts a higher percentage of frat/sorority types.

And my personal favorite . . . Harry's Wonder Bar: $4 mixed drinks, doesn't pretend to be anything more than a bar . . . and the mixed drinks are 90% liquor.

Sidetracks: Go there on the morning of game day.

Edit: wear your Oklahoma gear (like you wouldn't anyways!) and expect a few people to buy you drinks and want to talk football.

One word: Runza.

I will be attending my first big red game as well, love the sooner fans. Never a more respectable group of people to talk football with. Where is Runza or what is a runza and where can i find it.

Closest Runza to the stadium is in the Nebraska Union just east and a little south of Memorial Stadium. A 'Runza' is stinky cabbage. cheap meat and a special spice mix (salt), encased in greasy baked dough. Hungry dogs turn up their noses at them and instead go in search of cat droppings.

One word: Runza.

I will be attending my first big red game as well, love the sooner fans. Never a more respectable group of people to talk football with. Where is Runza or what is a runza and where can i find it.

Closest Runza to the stadium is in the Nebraska Union just east and a little south of Memorial Stadium. A 'Runza' is stinky cabbage. cheap meat and a special spice mix (salt), encased in greasy baked dough. Hungry dogs turn up their noses at them and instead go in search of cat droppings.

Ok, so Runza is a fast food chain, a "Runza" is a type of food that is either you like it or not. Basicly what MUTigerFan said but not quite as bad as he made it sound. Like I said you will either like it or not. :nanalama