Baker to offense?

Wasn't Baker sick for quite awhile and lost a bunch of weight? I thought I remember seeing this being talked about before and I think Bo might have mentioned it too. I don't think he was able to train and learn early secondary to the sickness and was set back a ways. He is probably just starting to catch up. Give the guy some time, this isn't high school anymore and technique is more important to beat your man, not just power. It will take awhile to learn those things especially after missing time.

Wasn't Baker sick for quite awhile and lost a bunch of weight? I thought I remember seeing this being talked about before and I think Bo might have mentioned it too. I don't think he was able to train and learn early secondary to the sickness and was set back a ways. He is probably just starting to catch up. Give the guy some time, this isn't high school anymore and technique is more important to beat your man, not just power. It will take awhile to learn those things especially after missing time.

From what I heard is Baker has some kind of Autoimmune disorder and it attacks the joints and such. It went undiagnosed at first last year but then discovered it and he is receiving treatment for it and I believe is able to play with it not affecting his play.

Did anyone think Crick was going to explode this year? Give the Pelini's a little credit. I don't believe they would plug Steinkuhler into that spot if he wasn't capable of producing at a high level.

Bo Pelini has coached first round NFL D-line Picks the last 6 years. I think he knows what he's doing.

Wow, that is impressive.

Who else besides Suh and Dorsey? Who was it at OU, I'm drawing a blank....

All I remember was Dan Cody in 2005 and I think he was a 2nd-rounder...

I think most everyone thought Crick (or Moore, whichever guy won the spot) would do well. He's really only had that one crazy game. Other than that it's been steady production, but not outrageous.

We're looking just fine for the next year, but we need our DEs to come up big in a few games. They've been in contain mode for the most part, and haven't had the kind of impact *I* thought they'd have.

Straight from huskers.com:

|--------Tackles--------| |-Sacks-| |---Pass Def---| |-Fumbles-| Blkd

DEFENSIVE LEADERS GP-GS Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BrUp QBH Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

94 Crick, Jared 8-8 22 27 49 13-56 8.5-50 . 1 10 2-0 . 1 . .

93 Suh, Ndamukong 8-8 28 21 49 13-47 5.0-33 1-0 7 14 . 1 2 .

I am not saying that he is as good as Suh and that it didn't make a huge difference having him next to him, but you could argue that he is having a better statistical year than Ndamukong!

Suh has said they make it a competition for stats.

Did anyone think Crick was going to explode this year? Give the Pelini's a little credit. I don't believe they would plug Steinkuhler into that spot if he wasn't capable of producing at a high level.

Bo Pelini has coached first round NFL D-line Picks the last 6 years. I think he knows what he's doing.

Lets be real about something - Crick is benefiting quite a bit from the guy next to him. Suh is eating up double and sometimes triple teams. Crick is getting 1-on-1 blocks quite often, and winning those battles as he should. Ty Steinkuhler benefited the same way at the end of last year when Suh was wrecking havoc. It was the major reason Ty was such a force in the Clemson game.

I think people almost underestimate Suh, as crazy as that is to say. How much he improves everyone around him by eating up blocks is something else. How he eats up those blocks and still puts up the stats he does is nothing short of stunning.

And to the person who asked about Moore - IIRC, Moore doesn't even have a single tackle on the year yet.