An oklahoma perspective

I'm pretty sure our coaches know all about Crick, I figure they've watched some game film by now, but hey, that's just pure speculation.

well you can't double team both of them.

Didn't seem to be a problem for Iowa State.

missed that game then didn't ya? See the final score? 9-7? ISU's 1st field goal game on a 2 yd possesion then a long field goal to take a 3-0 lead... Then, ISU ran a fake punt for 20 yards before a 47 yd TD pass.... that was the day for their offense. That's it. Suh and Crick had nothing to do with that loss... ISU did nothing against them.

Nebraska turned the ball over eight times against the Clones and gave up nine points. Yea, their O was just working us over something fierce. :sarcasm

Oh, and I forgot what OUs record is.... 5-3, same as NU, so don't go all Joe Cool here on the Huskerboard. :facepalm:

In that 5-3 record...a loss to BYU, a team that got blasted by Florida State, which is a team that has shown zero consistency. The Miami and Texas losses don't look bad due to the margin and the talent on the other side....

But BYU... are you kidding me with that. :LOLtartar

I am just glad for one thing.... OU has THREE LOSSES, one of them being to TEXAS. And unlike last year, this set back to the Horns will keep the Sooners from a BCS bowl apperance. :lol:

Sniffle, sniffle.

That just breaks my heart. I don't know if I can take it. Oh, wait, yes I can, and quite well. :corndance

Haha, these guys are going to get Crick Rolled and they don't even know it yet.

Who was the Nebraska Player that Brian Bozworth said, "He won't be able to lay a finger on me" and then Bozworth got pancaked and the Nebraska player did a circular motion with his finger and touched Bozworth on the nose.

Let OU do the talking. Hopefully it will turn around and bite them in the butt.

Wasn't Bosworth. It was the QB, Holieway, I believe. Said it about Danny Noonan.

you are right. Just watched the game on espn classic.

I'm pretty sure our coaches know all about Crick, I figure they've watched some game film by now, but hey, that's just pure speculation.

well you can't double team both of them.

Didn't seem to be a problem for Iowa State.

missed that game then didn't ya? See the final score? 9-7? ISU's 1st field goal game on a 2 yd possesion then a long field goal to take a 3-0 lead... Then, ISU ran a fake punt for 20 yards before a 47 yd TD pass.... that was the day for their offense. That's it. Suh and Crick had nothing to do with that loss... ISU did nothing against them.

SUH sure did.

In a GOOD way. He personally took 4 (four) ISU points off the scoreboard. Preventing a 13-7 finish to the first ISU victory in Lincoln in 32 years.

To the sooners point though.... I did watch the game.

twice.

The NU D (suh and all) failed to get ONE measly turnover from lowly unranked ISU minus their starting qb and B12 league leading rusher in LINCOLN.

The NU D also failed to stop the mighty clones led by a first time starting qb from eating 7:12 off the fourth quarter clock when NU desperately needed the time on offense.

just a few facts.

now back to the show...

:snacks::snacks:

I know there's this tremendous love-fest for our Defense right now, but people really need to temper their enthusiasm about this unit.

Tomorrow could be a very ugly game. I don't want to see a bunch of huge meltdowns because people had unrealistic expectations of our defense.

They're good, but not great. They're Big XII North Good. They are not National Level Good. We have two, maybe three playmakers, a bunch of role players, and some guys who are not so good. A good offensive scheme can exploit these guys.

I know there's this tremendous love-fest for our Defense right now, but people really need to temper their enthusiasm about this unit.

Tomorrow could be a very ugly game. I don't want to see a bunch of huge meltdowns because people had unrealistic expectations of our defense.

They're good, but not great. They're Big XII North Good. They are not National Level Good. We have two, maybe three playmakers, a bunch of role players, and some guys who are not so good. A good offensive scheme can exploit these guys.

one absolute monster...

SUH.

crick is damn good, but helped by suh's double teams.

crick gets to be the monster next year and looks like he will be. :)

a couple of little discussed facts-- the NU wins have been over the sunbelt and the sunbelt teams made the anemic NU offense look good in those games!! .

the other wins?

mizzou and baylor, two teams with a collective 8 wins and 8 losses between them and a collective 1-7 conference record.

IMO-- Not exactly big time opposition.

BUT-- suh and company will get a great shot at a ranked team tomorrow, maybe the best 5-3 team in the nation.

we'll see how they do.

No they are that good, To hold Texas Tech which happens to be #3 in the nation in Total Offense as well as top 10 pretty much in every category of Offense except rushing offense and an Offense light years ahead of OU's this year to 243 yards under it's average 224 passing which is well under their average as well and a measley 25 yards rushing for a grand total of only 259 yards total offense which incidently happens to be 185 yards less than what Texas held them to. Against us they were 23 of 32 for 234 yards. Against Texas they went 46 of 62 for 420 yards passing. I say again the reason we lost the way we did was because the offense decided not play going 3 and out almost every series leaving the Defense on the field all day long. How can you not expect those types of results when that happens? Tech is better than any Offense OU has faced all year. But they will. This is an awesome Defense, don't sell it short because we don't have all the turnovers. It's amazing what a great pass rush gives you. Remember people Techs Offensive Line is better than OU's this year, and we obliterated Techs. Tech also scored only 24 points on the Blackshirts, the same number they scored against Texas. According to the NCAA we lead this conference in First Down Defense, we are 2nd in the Conference in 3rd Down Conversion percentage Defense behind Texas. We are 10th in the nation in Rushing Defense, 13th in Passing Defense while Texas is 29th and OU is 37th in that Category, We are 7th in Passing Efficiency Defense, 4th in Scoring Defense and 9th in Sacks only 2 sacks less than OU, 9th in Total Defense. So I don't see were you would come off thinking that this Defense isn't something special.

Haha, these guys are going to get Crick Rolled and they don't even know it yet.

Who was the Nebraska Player that Brian Bozworth said, "He won't be able to lay a finger on me" and then Bozworth got pancaked and the Nebraska player did a circular motion with his finger and touched Bozworth on the nose.

Let OU do the talking. Hopefully it will turn around and bite them in the butt.

Wasn't Bosworth. It was the QB, Holieway, I believe. Said it about Danny Noonan.

Yeah, that was the game we lost 20-17 and wore the all red uniforms, yuck! Noonan sacked Holieway and then he touched the top of his helmet with his finger, CLASSIC!!! Of course we lost that game do to one of the best catches in collage football, damb you Keith Jackson!!! Game was tied 17-17 with 18 seconds left, Jackosn makes a great one handed catch down to the Husker 14yd line. They kick a field goal with 6 seonds left to win the game.

So I don't see were you would come off thinking that this Defense isn't something special.

According to Sagarin we've played the 68th toughest schedule in the country. All of those stats you're posting are correct, but we still haven't played anybody.

I really hope I'm wrong. But I don't think I am.