**Official Oklahoma Game Disscussion Thread**

Hi everyone, this a repost of something I posted in another thread, but it's kind of more appropriate here.

Sorry!

-------

Hi guys, first post here and where better to do it than my boring hotel room in Lincoln.

I've only been to Lincoln once before, around the same time of year actually, though it was far colder then.

(It's also much nicer of a trip on a chartered flight rather than driving, that is one boooooooring drive)

Anywho, from what I've seen so far on your board here, our states have very conflicting views on the outcome of this game. I wish one of you could get ahold of todays edition our major newspaper, The Oklahoman. 1/3rd of the sports section was dedicated to praise and admiration for your team and moreso, your fans. My first ever OU football game at the tender age of eight years old was against the big N, and while we got beat fairly badly (or very badly), your fans were the most gracious I've ever encountered. Here in Oklahoma we may have more overall respect for Nebraska than any other team in the country year in and year out.

Enough of that, getting to the point..

This game will be incredibly close, far closer than some of you nay-sayers believe. All the stats that point one way or another will not mean a thing once this bad-boy kicks off. I firmly believe both defenses will play at a big time level, and this is going to be the utter definition of a nail-biter. Here is what I consider to be the deciding factor, and in it, NU has the very slight edge.

Close games.

OU has not won a close game this year, everyone hears the "3 losses by a total of 5 points" stat, but I would say if anything that shows a glaring weakness in the team, not something to brag about. Now mind you, I understand NU has lost some close ones this year, but they've won some as well. OU has not. The come back against Mizzou was mind blowing, it shows the resolve of coaching staff and players whether you believe it or not.

OK OK, you guys rock, we sooners love you for the most part, some of the best games in OU history have been against NU, blah blah blah.

My prediction, and only due to unwavering OU fandom:

OU 24 NU 17

(if turnovers get messy on both ends then refer to the second)

OU 35 NU 31

I hope Lincoln Memorial is nice! Bye!

Truly hope you have a great time, EXCEPT!!! For the fact that NU wins a close one 17-14!!! :woo

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez :bonez :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez :bonez

Make it feel like that many defenders are swarming 'em!! :restore

I've got a good feeling about this...

It may just be the beer though.

That's b/c when it gets this close to game time, all reality junk goes out the window. Everybody had a whole week for the reality stuff.

Its Husker fanatic time! Its what we are all called to do!

Beer helps though :)

ok ok so im sure a lot of you guys have seen this video before. but you can never watch it to many times.. just go get you guys ready for the game

sorry i dont know how to just post the vid..

and here is another one that game me chills!!! love the second one but had to listen to peters talk and bo's speech

o yeah and hurd niles paul talked to johnny rodgers... so dont be suprised if... well you guys know what happens next :w00t:w00t:w00t