Waston to CU

dbetz23

I am in the minority here......but Watson is NOT the problem. He has zero PLAYMAKERS to work with. Don't even start that Paul or any other WR is a playmaker in comparison with the rest of the NCAA. Our qb's have NO experience at all at the DI level and I am sorry, our O-line is not good. Helu is a fairly decent RB when healthy !!!

If anyone is too be the "fall guy" it should be Cotton, who's O-line was supposed to be better than last year, and they are so undisciplined, it is unbelievable. Right now, Watson has no confidence in the guys making plays, so it makes pretty difficult to call plays. Remember, he didn't call one fumble against ISU, the players didn't get the job done.

Last season when Ganz, Swift, Peterson, Helu were getting the job done, I wonder where all of these type of posts were. I just don't understand.

As a coach, I understand that someone has to take the blame (human nature) and at the HS level, I would much rather the public be mad a me (at my age, I don't give a crap what armchair/sideline coaches think), instead of the 15-16-17 year old kids. BUT, at a DI program, with these guys getting their education paid for, it is okay to hold the players a little more responsible than most of us do.

Block, Catch, Hold on to ball....... Watson hasn't been called for holding, or fumbled, or dropped a ball right on the numbers all year.

I can tell you that there are alot of programs that don't have big-time playmakers but their offense is still very good. I have said it a million times, but this offense has too much thinking involved. Too much precision, timing, and everything has to go perfectly for the offense to work. It was just lucky for us last year we had some players that were in the system forever. Sorry, but if the offense only works if you have players that have been there four or five years, it isn't a good offense for college.

Let Colorado take him...please!!!

I think the answer lies somewhere between your two views. While the talent level of the O isn't what it was last year Watson still hasn't adapted to what he has. In some respects I think he is like Callahan in that in his mind he thinks a play should work but doesn't take the personnel into account.

there is no way CU can offer him more than Alabama did

wasn't watson a guy who had our offense at like 400 yards a game and 12th in the nation in total offense in 2008??? what the hell is going on???

His offense also came up short in every loss Nebraska had last year. Stats are nice but do not tell the whole story. <_<

Our defense gave up an average of 46.5 points in our losses last year, you have to stretch pretty hard to hang those on the O alone.

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Missouri............ 14 17 21 0 - 52

Nebraska............ 7 3 0 7 - 17

Last td for Nebraska when time expired so in reality they only scored 10 points. High offense?

The Sooners jumped to a 7-0 lead just 2:43 into the game by capping the game's opening drive with a two-yard touchdown run by Chris Brown. It was the eighth time in nine games that OU scored on its opening possession this season.

That was just the beginning of the Sooner onslaught. On the first play of Nebraska's opening possesion, OU's Dominique Brown intercepted a Ganz pass and sprinted 18 yards to paydirt to push Oklahoma's lead to 14-0 with 12:13 left in the first.

The Huskers were victimized by another turnover on their second possession. This time a fumble by tight end Dreu Young after a completed pass by Ganz. The Sooners capitalized quickly, as Bradford connected with Quentin Chaney on a 48-yard touchdown pass to put Oklahoma up 21-0 less than five minutes

On the second play of NU's ensuing drive, Ganz was intercepted for the second time, this time by OU's Lendy Holmes, who returned it 26 yards to the Nebraska 9. The Sooners cashed in on the game's next play with Bradford's nine-yard touchdown pass to Jermaine Greshman to give OU a 28-0 lead with 9:27 left in the opening quarter. Gresham finished the game with five catches for 52 yards and two scores.

Nebraska's defense regrouped and slowed down the Sooner barrage midway through the first quarter, but the Husker offense was unable to get untracked.

Scoring points when the game is already decided make the stats that people love to bring out meaningless. if you take off 21 points that wasnt the defenses fault what does the defense

average come out to now?

I would say blaming the defense when the offense keeps giving the ball away for scores is a cop out. It only become apparent when the team like this year has a defense that clearly shows the offense is a problem and the other teams defense have to play a full game.

I could not disagree more! The O-Line not giving protection is Zac Lee's Fault? The reciever's droping the ball Is Zac lee's Fault? The Play calling And not moving the ball down field is Zac lee's Fault? I will Admit Lee could run more, but to say He is the whole prolbme of the offense is insane. I still have not seen what Green has done that has Been So Impressive!! Granted he will good in the future but he is very very young, and has done nothing that Lee hasnt done

Uhhhh.....how about the fact that Zac runs the ball like a pu$$y. He can not make a play with his legs at all. Even Blaine (super big and slow) Gabbert can run a little or make a play when needed

I am in the minority here......but Watson is NOT the problem. He has zero PLAYMAKERS to work with. Don't even start that Paul or any other WR is a playmaker in comparison with the rest of the NCAA. Our qb's have NO experience at all at the DI level and I am sorry, our O-line is not good. Helu is a fairly decent RB when healthy !!!

If anyone is too be the "fall guy" it should be Cotton, who's O-line was supposed to be better than last year, and they are so undisciplined, it is unbelievable. Right now, Watson has no confidence in the guys making plays, so it makes pretty difficult to call plays. Remember, he didn't call one fumble against ISU, the players didn't get the job done.

Last season when Ganz, Swift, Peterson, Helu were getting the job done, I wonder where all of these type of posts were. I just don't understand.

Block, Catch, Hold on to ball....... Watson hasn't been called for holding, or fumbled, or dropped a ball right on the numbers all year.

I agree with this. You all have wanted a commitment to the running game all year. That happens against an excellent OU defense. Helu got 138 yds on the ground. Sure there were some frustrating calls but the angst over Watson is old.

I agree with this. You all have wanted a commitment to the running game all year. That happens against an excellent OU defense. Helu got 138 yds on the ground. Sure there were some frustrating calls but the angst over Watson is old.

I just don't thinks Wats personality is Husker. He seems like a west coast coach a la oregon, washington, ucla. He doesn't have that Blue collar work ethic, he wants to win with smarts, not fundamentals.

this is silly

not really......Wats is a finesse OC, and makes it difficult for the linemen and qb to execute plays. the only ones fooled by his complex play calling are our own guys....time for a change.

I just don't thinks Wats personality is Husker. He seems like a west coast coach a la oregon, washington, ucla. He doesn't have that Blue collar work ethic, he wants to win with smarts, not fundamentals.

this is silly

not really......Wats is a finesse OC, and makes it difficult for the linemen and qb to execute plays. the only ones fooled by his complex play calling are our own guys....time for a change.

If only we had a coach who just WANTED to win, didn't matter if they know how or not. As long as you WANT it enough.

Right, Barney?

I would also like to find ONE instance where any fanbase EVER was pleased with their OC's playcalling. My sense is that fans always think they know more and can call a better game and that their calls are obvious. I mean, you just hear this over and over and over again on every team's message boards, anytime something doesn't go right.

My sense is that fans always think they know more and can call a better game and that their calls are obvious. I mean, you just hear this over and over and over again on every team's message boards, anytime something doesn't go right.

Probably why boards like this were invented....so fans like us can explain why we should be coaching. :w00t

My sense is that fans always think they know more and can call a better game and that their calls are obvious. I mean, you just hear this over and over and over again on every team's message boards, anytime something doesn't go right.

Probably why boards like this were invented....so fans like us can explain why we should be coaching. :w00t

Hey if Todd Haley can do it... :dunno

Hey if Todd Haley can do it... :dunno

BAHAHAHAHA POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE

there is no way CU can offer him more than Alabama did

wasn't watson a guy who had our offense at like 400 yards a game and 12th in the nation in total offense in 2008??? what the hell is going on???

His offense also came up short in every loss Nebraska had last year. Stats are nice but do not tell the whole story. <_<

Our defense gave up an average of 46.5 points in our losses last year, you have to stretch pretty hard to hang those on the O alone.

Scoring points when the game is already decided make the stats that people love to bring out meaningless. if you take off 21 points that wasnt the defenses fault what does the defense

average come out to now?

I would say blaming the defense when the offense keeps giving the ball away for scores is a cop out. It only become apparent when the team like this year has a defense that clearly shows the offense is a problem and the other teams defense have to play a full game.

I will even take away the pick 6 that Ganz threw in the MU game, take 28 points away and they'll still gave up 39.5 per loss.

Not many teams will win like that, I know everyone wants to point the finger at Watson for anything and everything, but it's pretty obvious our losses last year were due to the defenses play.