One Texas Fan's thoughts about Suh.....

Some UT fans know alot about their team while most of them are bandwagoners. One thing for sure is that all UT fans know nothing about any other team with the exception of OU. All they care about is how good their beloved Longhorns are and really don't get their facts straight before bashing other teams.

Just my experience with the majority of Texas fans...

:yeah

Some UT fans know alot about their team while most of them are bandwagoners. One thing for sure is that all UT fans know nothing about any other team with the exception of OU. All they care about is how good their beloved Longhorns are and really don't get their facts straight before bashing other teams.

and this is somehow different then any other fan base how? I am not picking on you but to suggest that only one group of fans does this and no others is quite the stretch......

and this is somehow different then any other fan base how? I am not picking on you but to suggest that only one group of fans does this and no others is quite the stretch......

I don't think he's saying that at all. I think he's saying this is where the dude in the OP is coming from. You're certainly correct that most football fans don't watch other teams/conferences much, and are woefully uninformed. I've found this to be true from fans all across the country, and right here in Husker Land, as well.

I actually found myself defending Suh the other day when a 'Bammer guy told me that Terrence Cody was the best defensive player in the country so it just goes to show you that every fan base has their favorites and will defend them. So it should be no great surprise that a Texas guy is going to pooh everyone and defend McCoy.

I get what your saying and agree to a certain degree, but its different down here. Texas fan is 'stuck' in their little Bevo world and Mack Brown is the almighty ruler. It may be that I have had less than favorable encounters with them, but I have learned not to get into a P'ing match with them. Some of these people just do not respect other teams and have zero knowledge about other programs. And if you try to talk about players not on the UT roster, there is a good chance UT fan comes back with the, "Isn't he from Texas?" :facepalm:

I get it that their fans still have an axe to grind from last year's debacle with the tiebreakers that kept them out of the CCG, but I'm looking forward to playing them at Jerry's house Dec 5th and like HFOL posted, "educate them'... :koolaid2:

I get what your saying and agree to a certain degree, but its different down here. Texas fan is 'stuck' in their little Bevo world and Mack Brown is the almighty ruler. It may be that I have had less than favorable encounters with them, but I have learned not to get into a P'ing match with them. Some of these people just do not respect other teams and have zero knowledge about other programs. And if you try to talk about players not on the UT roster, there is a good chance UT fan comes back with the, "Isn't he from Texas?" :facepalm:

I get it that their fans still have an axe to grind from last year's debacle with the tiebreakers that kept them out of the CCG, but I'm looking forward to playing them at Jerry's house Dec 5th and like HFOL posted, "educate them'... :koolaid2:

You and I are stuck in similar situations, you are in Texas where Mack Brown is god and the Horns rule and I am in Alabama with "S" the Coach and anyone that doesn't root for the Tide treated like a leper.

I think it is uninformed to assume that every Texan is UT fan. There are a lot of different schools within the state. More so than here there is much more split loyalties to college support in. I will admit that there are a lot of Horn fans in the state but they have the top in enrollment of university in the state. To that point there are many D1 schools in Texas and the football players don't all dream of playing for Texas. All of people in West Texas grow up watching Texas Tech and some people in Austin perfer ATM.

I think it is uninformed to assume that every Texan is UT fan. There are a lot of different schools within the state. More so than here there is much more split loyalties to college support in. I will admit that there are a lot of Horn fans in the state but they have the top in enrollment of university in the state. To that point there are many D1 schools in Texas and the football players don't all dream of playing for Texas. All of people in West Texas grow up watching Texas Tech and some people in Austin perfer ATM.

Good point, but did you notice how may people were all of the sudden UT fans after Vince Young, I mean Texas won the NCG in 05? Made me a little sick, I mean I was happy for the few genuine UT fans I do know but people were lining up at the Walgreens up the street for Texas gear like it was Black Friday. I don't think we left the house for a week after that, it was like one of those zombies movies or something...

I actually found myself defending Suh the other day when a 'Bammer guy told me that Terrence Cody was the best defensive player in the country so it just goes to show you that every fan base has their favorites and will defend them.

At least with Cody the 'bama fans can make a coherent argument. Both are great players and both will make a lot of money playing on Sundays. I've seen both play in person this year, and watched them both on TV as well, and personally I give the edge to Suh because he's more athletic. That said, if I were an NFL scout it would depend in part on the system I ran. In a 3-4 Cody might be the better pick. But for the Texas fan to say that Suh is just average is beyond ignorant. Suh would be a star on any program in D1A and anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or just isn't paying attention.

BTW nice win against OU last week!

Okay, so this is taken from a conversation i saw on someone's facebook status.. Not putting everything on here, but here is this guy's take on Suh.....

UT Fan: What are you guys smokin as it must be some good stuff if your thinking Suh has done more than Mccoy. Nebraska defense is #11 in country so 10 teams are better than Suh and the cornhuskers. He doesn't make the top 10 in any individual defensive stats. Average player at best

NU Fan: Defense isn't made up by 1 player. I haven't looked at #s from this week, but NU was in the top 10 of 3 of 4 defensive categories. Suh demands double and triple teams. Look at cricks stats over the year, all a product of suhs domination. Look at total pass deflections on the year. Suh is the only d lineman anywhere NEAR the top. Its funny how... Read More the people in the know all over the country talk about how great suh is but some person who has no clue says he's "average at best"....funny how suh is going to be a top 5 if not THE top pick in the draft and he's "average at best.". You're a joke for that one and it shows. ill have to take a look at the numbers when I'm not at work, but the ONLY reason mccoy is a favorite to win the heisman is because he's a QB on a title contending team. Without the weapons he has he'd be nothing more than reesing's been at KU, a solid college starter.

UT Fan: And I am sure with a win over Ok that you are now a national contender. You are the one without a clue. Check out NCAA football stats (FBS) and Suh is nowhere on the lists Who cares if you have 1 player that makes plays. It takes many more to have a great team and well your record speaks for itself. As you say Suh has no one else around him so he is just a solid college starter.

NU Fan: Um.. You are getting yourself even deeper in the hole. NU isn't a good team, no ones said tht. Now, NU does have a great defense. Just because suh doesn't have the "dominating" numbers over everyone doesn't mean he isn't that great. Compare gerald mccoy to suh, two most dominant dt's in the college game. Suh dominates mccoy. You're an idiot ... Read Morefor saying suh is average at best, because he has been and is a dominant college player and will be a top NFL pick. Comparing nebraska as team to suh as a player is a joke. Hence my original statement. If the heisman was what it is supposed to be, the best player in college football, suh would be towards the top. Since its the best qb/rb on the best team, he really has no chance to win..anyone being objective would say that suh is one of the most dominating players in the ncaa. Watch the guy play instead of just looking at stats. You'll see what he demands and still makes plays. If that's "average," then 90% of the nation is failing.

UT Fan: No one said he wouldn't be a top pick. But the idiot is you. The best players are going to have the top stats and Suh does not currently have them. He is a standout on your team but he is not the best or the most dominating defensive player in the country. So hence my original statement he is not the best and that is why he is not a contender ... Read Morefor the heisman. Just because you or the media talk about him doesn't make him the best. And trust me I watch every game and route against your team!!

Thought that was quite comical.. Oh what happens when you "like" a status on facebook

Two things: 1) I do feel McCoy is the front runner for the Heisman, 2) Suh is unable to put up the great statistics in the last few games because teams double team him every play. Hense the emergence of other players.

Two things: 1) I do feel McCoy is the front runner for the Heisman, 2) Suh is unable to put up the great statistics in the last few games because teams double team him every play. Hense the emergence of other players.

I don't think anyone can disagree that McCoy is the front runner for the heisman.. It's really hard to argue that he's not.. It's really hard to even compare the 2 because its so much easier for a QB to make a big difference than it is for a DT.. that being said, it's nearly impossible for Suh to win the heisman.. more just the point that the guy is saying that Suh's average based solely on his "average" stats.