One Texas Fan's thoughts about Suh.....

Okay, so this is taken from a conversation i saw on someone's facebook status.. Not putting everything on here, but here is this guy's take on Suh.....

UT Fan: What are you guys smokin as it must be some good stuff if your thinking Suh has done more than Mccoy. Nebraska defense is #11 in country so 10 teams are better than Suh and the cornhuskers. He doesn't make the top 10 in any individual defensive stats. Average player at best

NU Fan: Defense isn't made up by 1 player. I haven't looked at #s from this week, but NU was in the top 10 of 3 of 4 defensive categories. Suh demands double and triple teams. Look at cricks stats over the year, all a product of suhs domination. Look at total pass deflections on the year. Suh is the only d lineman anywhere NEAR the top. Its funny how... Read More the people in the know all over the country talk about how great suh is but some person who has no clue says he's "average at best"....funny how suh is going to be a top 5 if not THE top pick in the draft and he's "average at best.". You're a joke for that one and it shows. ill have to take a look at the numbers when I'm not at work, but the ONLY reason mccoy is a favorite to win the heisman is because he's a QB on a title contending team. Without the weapons he has he'd be nothing more than reesing's been at KU, a solid college starter.

UT Fan: And I am sure with a win over Ok that you are now a national contender. You are the one without a clue. Check out NCAA football stats (FBS) and Suh is nowhere on the lists Who cares if you have 1 player that makes plays. It takes many more to have a great team and well your record speaks for itself. As you say Suh has no one else around him so he is just a solid college starter.

NU Fan: Um.. You are getting yourself even deeper in the hole. NU isn't a good team, no ones said tht. Now, NU does have a great defense. Just because suh doesn't have the "dominating" numbers over everyone doesn't mean he isn't that great. Compare gerald mccoy to suh, two most dominant dt's in the college game. Suh dominates mccoy. You're an idiot ... Read Morefor saying suh is average at best, because he has been and is a dominant college player and will be a top NFL pick. Comparing nebraska as team to suh as a player is a joke. Hence my original statement. If the heisman was what it is supposed to be, the best player in college football, suh would be towards the top. Since its the best qb/rb on the best team, he really has no chance to win..anyone being objective would say that suh is one of the most dominating players in the ncaa. Watch the guy play instead of just looking at stats. You'll see what he demands and still makes plays. If that's "average," then 90% of the nation is failing.

UT Fan: No one said he wouldn't be a top pick. But the idiot is you. The best players are going to have the top stats and Suh does not currently have them. He is a standout on your team but he is not the best or the most dominating defensive player in the country. So hence my original statement he is not the best and that is why he is not a contender ... Read Morefor the heisman. Just because you or the media talk about him doesn't make him the best. And trust me I watch every game and route against your team!!

Thought that was quite comical.. Oh what happens when you "like" a status on facebook

that guy is an idiot, can i get a name haha ill pm him

Wait a second, an idiot? He watches every game. He must know what he is talking about.

Ahh tusche, i bet hes a texas fan that actually has nebraska season tickets so he can analize every husker game and determined that Suh has played average all year and definately has not been a game changer. He also stated later on in his facebook that Zac Lee is the leading heisman candidate and hes looking for a 2000 yard passing season. He claims Zac Lee is the next best thing since sliced bread and that noone can sack zac lee because he is just to quick and gets out of the pocket when it collapses. :sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

Some UT fans know alot about their team while most of them are bandwagoners. One thing for sure is that all UT fans know nothing about any other team with the exception of OU. All they care about is how good their beloved Longhorns are and really don't get their facts straight before bashing other teams.

Just my experience with the majority of Texas fans...

Ha! What a goof. I'm sure anyone reading that knows he's a baffoon. As soon as he's called out for his errors he changes the subject and starts attacking..."har har now that you've beaten oklahoma you think you're the best team ever har har." Can't believe he's comparing a defensive tackle to every other defensive PLAYER at any position...he understands very little about the game.

As stated earlier in the thread... douche.

Can't believe he's comparing a defensive tackle to every other defensive PLAYER at any position...he understands very little about the game.

There are so many people doing this across the country it's sick. Journalists, too - guys who should know better but clearly don't. This is the single biggest reason I'm betting Suh doesn't get a call to New York come Heisman Time. Not because he didn't earn the trip, but because too few people truly understand how his position is played, and how extraordinary his season has been.

Whatever. We love him here, and he knows that. It'll have to be enough.