For what it is worth....

mitch7

I am pretty (99%) sure that Rex Burkhead was walking in front of me today and he looked good. No crutches, no boot, and from the 10 seconds I watched him walk, there was no limp. I can now see him possibly coming back for Colorado, although I would rather him not play so as to avoid further injury.

If he is 100% by the end of this season he should play. He seems to always get yardage. Our offense is going to have to rely on the run to win games late this season and he could add a spark. As much as we like to throw the ball to our backs, he is a nice guy to have back there. We are deep at runningback with Helu, Robinson, Burkhead etc. It's just a matter of having them all healthy. Hopefully they can all stay healthy from now on.

I can't wait to see Rex come back. He's an amazingly mature runner that knows how to run North/South & get the extra yards after contact. Contrary to an opinion expressed earlier in this thread, he is a major asset to our running game. I've noticed that he forces Helu to run better, because it is glaringly apparent that Roy doesn't like being one-upped by a freshman.

With Helu 100% healthy(aledgedly), there is no reason to rush Burkhead back, see Spano. I think Helu wants the ball 25-30 times a game and the coaches will give it to him as long as he's productive and doesn't put it on the carpet. When he does need a spell, we can use Robinson as he has been ok as a 2nd or 3rd back.

I like Burkhead as much as most of you, but I would like to see him fully recovered before he sees the field again, even if its not until next year.