What do we do now?

Just read an article in huskerextra.com that we most likely only have 2-3 spots left open, and Bo was looking for at least one more O-Lineman. So with Chase Harper committing earlier, who do we take now? There are a couple WR's who seem pretty interested, plus a couple Safeties, and I was hoping we could take either a RB or LB. Bo also said he really hates over-signing, but maybe he makes an exception this time. :dunno It's kind of funny how just a few months ago people were worrying about not signing enough kids, now it seems we may have too many? :)

I really think that we will either over-sign, or make room for kids. I mean if Hill, OO, Josh Reece, Mobley, Burnett, and Malone/Cooper all want N do you see us turning them all away? God forbid, but some kids from our current class might chose to decommit. No inside info on that, so no melt downs.

this makes the whole cotton thing even more confusing bc theres all of those guys then theres also guys like delvin jones, corvin lamb, slavin, wray, tejay johnson and actually quite a few more who have expressed some genuine interest in NU. IMO I think we are in damn good shape with guys like Johnson, Lamb, Wray, Hill, Mobley, Cooper, Malone and those guys have already visited so what's it gonna be like in a couple weeks when we have another night game? What if we already get three commits by then which is damn possible? Are we just going to turn them away? Fortunate situation to be in, but the Cotton and Evans offers are probably coming back to bite us in the ass.

I really think that we will either over-sign, or make room for kids. I mean if Hill, OO, Josh Reece, Mobley, Burnett, and Malone/Cooper all want N do you see us turning them all away? God forbid, but some kids from our current class might chose to decommit. No inside info on that, so no melt downs.

Yeah, I agree that if a couple of the kids you mentioned were to say they wanted N, we would HAVE to make room, and I also think a few kids on our current roster will transfer, maybe a RB :dunno

What we really should do is get a commitment from another Cotton.

:laughpound

this makes the whole cotton thing even more confusing bc theres all of those guys then theres also guys like delvin jones, corvin lamb, slavin, wray, tejay johnson and actually quite a few more who have expressed some genuine interest in NU. IMO I think we are in damn good shape with guys like Johnson, Lamb, Wray, Hill, Mobley, Cooper, Malone and those guys have already visited so what's it gonna be like in a couple weeks when we have another night game? What if we already get three commits by then which is damn possible? Are we just going to turn them away? Fortunate situation to be in, but the Cotton and Evans offers are probably coming back to bite us in the ass.

Maybe the coaches felt pressure about the low number of recruits we had earlier and starting offering guys who were almost guarantee to say yes. Just a theory.

How do greyshirts work again? Do they get to go on schollie in the fall or do they have to wait until Winter of 2011? Either way I would really like Bo to go back to Evans and Cotton and ask him to greyshirt with the promise that he will get a schollie next year. That is if other prospects want to come here, which I assume at least five would really like to go to NU.

Yeah, I agree that if a couple of the kids you mentioned were to say they wanted N, we would HAVE to make room, and I also think a few kids on our current roster will transfer, maybe a RB :dunno

What we really should do is get a commitment from another Cotton.

:laughpound

Maybe the coaches felt pressure about the low number of recruits we had earlier and starting offering guys who were almost guarantee to say yes. Just a theory.

You can quote me, "There will be greyshirts in this class. I can definitely see Cotton greyshirting already and if need be Tyler Evans, Ciante Evans, Quincy Enunwa could be others asked to greyshirt. There will be kids transferring/quitting that will open up schollies. We will definitely over-sign and wait for the shoes to drop. Then as kids transfer/quit those schollies will open up and we can give them to recruits instead of making them greyshirt."

You can quote me, "There will be greyshirts in this class. I can definitely see Cotton greyshirting already and if need be Tyler Evans, Ciante Evans, Quincy Enunwa could be others asked to greyshirt. There will be kids transferring/quitting that will open up schollies. We will definitely over-sign and wait for the shoes to drop. Then as kids transfer/quit those schollies will open up and we can give them to recruits instead of making them greyshirt."

Yeah, I also see Cotton and Evans GSing, maybe even Enunwa, but could it be possible that we might also take back some schollies, a la Boutman (ms)?

Just read an article in huskerextra.com that we most likely only have 2-3 spots left open, and Bo was looking for at least one more O-Lineman. So with Chase Harper committing earlier, who do we take now? There are a couple WR's who seem pretty interested, plus a couple Safeties, and I was hoping we could take either a RB or LB. Bo also said he really hates over-signing, but maybe he makes an exception this time. :dunno It's kind of funny how just a few months ago people were worrying about not signing enough kids, now it seems we may have too many? :)

I concur. i think we shouldn't expect this coaching staff to fill our classes immediately like Texas does but instead rather fill the class as the season progresses.

I think this class most like takes oo if he commits. but other wise i'd like to see us take a linebacker or two in this class.

or maybe a linebacker and a safety since we are losing Asante and possibly Thernarse.

I dont see Evans or Enunwa greyshirting at all. those are two very important positions especially enunwa. i see it as kinda a slap in the face, like why did you choose me to greyshirt, why not someone else? I do definatley see Evans and Cotton getting asked to greyshirt, so add two to the three or four slots we have left and that should be sufficient to fill the class properly.

I dont see Evans or Enunwa greyshirting at all. those are two very important positions especially enunwa. i see it as kinda a slap in the face, like why did you choose me to greyshirt, why not someone else? I do definatley see Evans and Cotton getting asked to greyshirt, so add two to the three or four slots we have left and that should be sufficient to fill the class properly.

:dunno

With some of the recruiting attention that Enunwa is getting recently, if he gets asked to grey-shirt I could see him decommitting.

Cotton is DEFINATELY a candidate to greyshirt, I would say Tyler Evans as well. I dont think Ciante will. But like I said above, I will be willing to be you that room will be made for kids either naturally or coaches will make the decision for them.

You have to think that Okafor might be one that will opt out.