2010 recruiting class

mitch7

What do you guys think of this years recruiting class thus far? For some reason I just don't like it that much. It doesn't seem to have the playmakers like last years class. I hope I am wrong and maybe this is an unfair judgment by me because I haven't seen any of them play. What do you guys think? I am most interested in how you guys think this class compares to last years on a scale from 1-10.

It looks pretty good to me so far. We have some real speed in Carter and a huge TE (or whatever else) in Harper, who has 3 years of eligibility. Most of our recruits are defensive, but I'm sure the man that has transformed our defense from 100 something in the nation to 2 in the nation in scoring defense knows what he wants. I trust him on the D side of the ball.

Next year's class is already off to an extremely good start with projected 5 star Tyler Moore and the possibility of grabbing projected 5 star RB Aaron Green.

I do not think we should get a running back. We are already deep with helu, burkhead, robinson (two freshmen). If we get another this year that would discourage Aaron Green or any other running back from coming in 2011. Now if a high quality running back like Gio would want to commit then you definitely can not deny him.

I do not think we should get a running back. We are already deep with helu, burkhead, robinson (two freshmen). If we get another this year that would discourage Aaron Green or any other running back from coming in 2011. Now if a high quality running back like Gio would want to commit then you definitely can not deny him.

I think RB is a more pressing need than LB at this point. No one has stepped it up behind the three guys you mentioned, and seeing as Helu has failed to stay healthy for a whole season the past 2 yrs. and not knowing how Burkhead is going to play after his injury, I think RB should be at the top of our board. I'm not saying we should turn away a good player if he plays Defense, like a LB or Safety. But we need to focus on Offense and try to get at least another WR and a RB.

I do not think we should get a running back. We are already deep with helu, burkhead, robinson (two freshmen). If we get another this year that would discourage Aaron Green or any other running back from coming in 2011.

Take a long look at this film and tell me if this kid is AT ALL worried about ANY depth chart in the nation. (Mods if this is frowned upon please delete). I highly doubt that A. Green is worried about our depth chart, he could go anywhere he wants to in CFB and contribute from day one.

I think RB is a more pressing need than LB at this point. No one has stepped it up behind the three guys you mentioned, and seeing as Helu has failed to stay healthy for a whole season the past 2 yrs. and not knowing how Burkhead is going to play after his injury, I think RB should be at the top of our board. I'm not saying we should turn away a good player if he plays Defense, like a LB or Safety. But we need to focus on Offense and try to get at least another WR and a RB.

Considering that almost all of the players behind the 3 are Fr. or RFr. I would give them a pass on this. It seems that everyone is expecting recruits to come in and right away be a stud, it doesn't happen like that for a large portion of players. Development still needs to take place for some, wait until the young man is a Junior or later to really evaluation whether or not he will make a difference on the team IMO.

What do you guys think of this years recruiting class thus far? For some reason I just don't like it that much. It doesn't seem to have the playmakers like last years class. I hope I am wrong and maybe this is an unfair judgment by me because I haven't seen any of them play. What do you guys think? I am most interested in how you guys think this class compares to last years on a scale from 1-10.

What is your definition of playmaker? I would say that Rome and Guy have big time ability to make plays on the D-Line as does Vestal. Carter has the type of speed that changes games. Gabbert is a highly rated QB and the Coaches are really high on him. Enunwa is supposed to be a steal and let us not forget that the Coaches have a good shot to wrap up another very good WR prospect in Hill. The DBs coming in look to be good ones, Mitchell could be another lock down CB to go with Dennard after Prince is gone. I am not a star gazer but NU already has 5 4-Star players in just 16 commits where as the staff had 5 4-Stars players total last year in a class of 20 (per Rivals). Overall I like the talent they have on board and I don't think they are done yet.

What is your definition of playmaker? I would say that Rome and Guy have big time ability to make plays on the D-Line as does Vestal. Carter has the type of speed that changes games. Gabbert is a highly rated QB and the Coaches are really high on him. Enunwa is supposed to be a steal and let us not forget that the Coaches have a good shot to wrap up another very good WR prospect in Hill. The DBs coming in look to be good ones, Mitchell could be another lock down CB to go with Dennard after Prince is gone. I am not a star gazer but NU already has 5 4-Star players in just 16 commits where as the staff had 5 4-Stars players total last year in a class of 20 (per Rivals). Overall I like the talent they have on board and I don't think they are done yet.

Okay it sounds like you guys think this class could be or already is very good. That is all I wanted to know and I think you have changed my mind some. I think sometimes I personally get caught up in the stars and rivals ratings which is something Bo doesn't seem to consider at all.

Okay it sounds like you guys think this class could be or already is very good. That is all I wanted to know and I think you have changed my mind some. I think sometimes I personally get caught up in the stars and rivals ratings which is something Bo doesn't seem to consider at all.

One thing about the Rivals ratings system is remember that NU two recruits that aren't evaluated yet in Enunwa and Cotton. I will also tell you that I am not sure why Rivals has Jay Guy as a 3 Star. I think something like 30 schools offered that young man a scholarship, he is a big time get.

Considering that almost all of the players behind the 3 are Fr. or RFr. I would give them a pass on this. It seems that everyone is expecting recruits to come in and right away be a stud, it doesn't happen like that for a large portion of players. Development still needs to take place for some, wait until the young man is a Junior or later to really evaluation whether or not he will make a difference on the team IMO.

I would typically agree with you on this one, but seeing as Ward, Okafor, Mendoza, and Jones have had almost two years to learn the system (last year and this one) and the coaches rather put in 2 freshmen straight out of high school instead says a lot to me. I'm not saying these kids won't pan out, or that they're bad players. I just think that we should take one more RB, just in case.

One thing about the Rivals ratings system is remember that NU two recruits that aren't evaluated yet in Enunwa and Cotton. I will also tell you that I am not sure why Rivals has Jay Guy as a 3 Star. I think something like 30 schools offered that young man a scholarship, he is a big time get.

Yeah, I think Mr. Guy should be a 4*. And as for Enunwa and Cotton, they will probably end up being 3*. Same thing happened to Tyler Evans.

While LB is always a position of need, don't forget we have some good youth there right now in Fisher, Compton, and Martin. Maybe the biggest playmaker to come out of there next year will be Chris Williams who redshirted this year due to injury his Sr. year of high school. He was a huge get at LB last year, so don't be surprised if he makes an impact early next season.

While LB is always a position of need, don't forget we have some good youth there right now in Fisher, Compton, and Martin. Maybe the biggest playmaker to come out of there next year will be Chris Williams who redshirted this year due to injury his Sr. year of high school. He was a huge get at LB last year, so don't be surprised if he makes an impact early next season.

I think it was Eckler who said it in the Big Red Breakfast yesterday, LJS reported it, but Williams is behind on his rehab. Hasn't been following the program in a disciplined way, not sure what to expect of him next season.

on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 8 thus far. quite a few needs were filled and there is alot of athletes in this class so i'm pumped for the futur of husker football.

Yes there are no Cody Greens or Rex Burkheads in this class but there are some players like Enuwa who will rock your world in years to come.

on top of that i'm going to go ahead and say that Chase Rome will be the next Suh......

and say what you will. i don't care. i think this kid will dominate when his time comes.

Same with Carter at WR.

That is all.