WOW

holvy83

I would have never thought their Oline would have controlled NU's D Line today, give props to them and our back 7 for making the plays when needed, this was the most all season that the front 4 was not creating some sort of havoc in the backfield. I was surprised with all the double teams Suh got Crick or Turner did not get back there and tear it up. :wacko:

Yeah the pocket containing thing worked against Tyrod Taylor because he isnt a very good passer. But against Reesing, I think a spy would have worked better with the line just rushing like normal, because if you give him the pocket to sit back there, he'll eventually find a target and put it right on the money. But like others said, thank god for our back 7 and the plays they made today. Special props to Gomes for popping that ball out!!

P.S. Helu's a BEAST.... when he's healthy obviously lol :snacks:

:restore

I attribute it a LOT to the 80-something plays they had to defend against OU last week, with 58 of them being pass attempts (or more, not sure if they're differentiating between called passes that ended up with Jones scrambling).

Our D Line put out a ton of energy last week. It's not surprising they'd be lackluster this week. Unfortunate, but not surprising.

I think we've become a bit spoiled by their outstanding play this year. Which of course is a good thing. But overall, they still only gave up 17 points. Not bad against a 4 year started at quarterback.

And Jake Sharp, AND Dezmon Briscoe, AND Kerry Meier.

They've got a lot of talent on Offense. They got a lot of yards, and they scored a few points. Overall, holding them to three scores and winning by 14 points isn't bad.

And I think you're dead on about our being spoiled. Suh and Crick have been so good that we just expect a lot of mayhem from them.

Go back and look at the collar of Suh's jersey. If the Big 12 refs knew how the hell to call a holding penalty Kansas wouldn't have scored sh#t. The tv crew we're talking about what a good job the Kansas oline was doing to hold Suh and Crick to just 5 tackles between them. All I could think was, at least they got the hold part right. :steam Nonsense (sorry posted this in the wrong thread earlier)

It looked like KU had a pretty good scheme for pass protection, but our D-line didn't seem to have the same explosion that they did last week. Probably didn't recover as fast as they would have liked after last weekend's effort v. OU.

I did notice some holding that the refs let go, but then again they don't seem to look for it all that much this year. Too busy making sure the QBs don't get tapped, slapped, nicked, or breathed on.

I would have never thought their Oline would have controlled NU's D Line today, give props to them and our back 7 for making the plays when needed, this was the most all season that the front 4 was not creating some sort of havoc in the backfield. I was surprised with all the double teams Suh got Crick or Turner did not get back there and tear it up. :wacko:

never been overly impressed with Turner. plus for some odd reason we had him in zone coverage quite abit today which i thought was a little odd.

i'm disappointed with our ends when our DT's are doubled teamed they need to step up and make some plays.