Disappointed in Pelini for not showing class

HuskerNLA

Isn't this a little premature calling Bo out on this as it is just a little over a day since he was flagged. It was a penalty and was dealt with. These penalties granted are not smart, but I wouldn't label him a thug for two plays. They have to play aggressive they will walk a thin line when they play that way.

In short...... time will tell it's way to early to form an angry mob!

First of all, the hit Asante made on the Oklahoma player was not "dirty." It was a perfectly executed tackle. He didn't lead with his helmet, it was made by his body. Should he have just gone up and slapped the player on the hand asking him nicely to go down? I'm sure that is what our players have to do in order to get your approval.

After he made the hit, he got up and started celebrating because he broke up a play. Not sure if you ever watch college or pro football, but celebration after a big play is kind of the norm.

Secondly, Asante was already going for Reesing when he was sliding. He could've tried to avoid hitting him the way he did, but I don't think, in any way, that his intent was malicious.

You are really grasping at straws to try and make Pelini and Asante look bad. My guess is a closet KU or MU fan. Please find yourself the door. Thanks.

The game officials felt it was dirty and, from what I am hearing the Big XII does as well. But, I guess you don't care if we are seen as a bunch of thugs, you just want a winning team. Fans like you don't even know what it means to be a Husker fan.

Don't tell me what kind of Husker fan I am. You think you are the mold of the perfect husker fan? You have 5 posts, and they are all in this thread that you started about how our players and coach are unclassy.

What? Because I don't agree with your ridiculous opinion on us being thugs means I don't know what it means to be a husker fan?

You're so off base with your rants that it's making you look foolish. How does an accidental late hit make us all look like thugs? Your agenda here is becoming more and more clear.

Get off your high horse, or better yet, fall off it and hurt yourself. Then go blame it on Asante.

When I get off my "high horse" can I help you pull your head out of that same horse's....?

Typical troll behavior.

But you got me, that statement you just made has totally refuted all the common sense statements that I was trying to make you understand. And makes you look so awesome.

You win at life.

:sarcasm

You should really step away from the computer. You sound like a complete jackass trying to tell everyone what a "true" husker fan should think.

:yeah It's one thing to come on the board and share an opinion that may not resonate with others, but to tell people that they don't know what it means to be "true" husker fan is pretty lame and actually kind of offensive. Remember to sit at the kids' table during Thanksgiving dinner.

I will admit, that I thought and still do think that Asante's hit on Reesing was late and cheap. Head was diving to the ground with his shoulder lowered, so he was obvioulsy aware that Reesing was slideing, either that or it was HORRIBLE form to attempt to tackle a runner that might still be making a move. It was clear that Asante knew Reesing was sliding and you can't hit a Qb who is attempting a slide...it is a rule...

now, with that said, I totally disagree with this post........ Yeah, Asante had a late hit, get over it !!!!! How many DB/LB each week across the country get penalized for late hits ?? I am sure there are a bunch. I don't condone "cheap" hits, but I do prefere agressive play and would rather see an "attitude" on defense than a bunch of guys afraid to tackle (hence, BC era)....

A stop with the "true Husker fan".... I have been around the country, am an alumn, and season ticket holder for many, many years.... Did you think the 94-95 team had a bunch of ROLE MODELS playing for them. Take a look at the roster and characters on those teams and try to convince me that Asante is "worse" than those guys. I think that the Peter brothers and Tomich, Phillips, Farley, etc... have done worse and did in practice and on the game field. A "true husker fan", if you cheered for that team, should appreciate a little "attitude" back on the defensive side of the ball.

And, by the way, the hit on the OU wr was CLEAN !!! and he was celebreating a bone-jarring hit, like any college kid would if was playing with passion.. Once he realized he was hurt, he changed his demeanor.

I will admit, that I thought and still do think that Asante's hit on Reesing was late and cheap. Head was diving to the ground with his shoulder lowered, so he was obvioulsy aware that Reesing was slideing, either that or it was HORRIBLE form to attempt to tackle a runner that might still be making a move. It was clear that Asante knew Reesing was sliding and you can't hit a Qb who is attempting a slide...it is a rule...

now, with that said, I totally disagree with this post........ Yeah, Asante had a late hit, get over it !!!!! How many DB/LB each week across the country get penalized for late hits ?? I am sure there are a bunch. I don't condone "cheap" hits, but I do prefere agressive play and would rather see an "attitude" on defense than a bunch of guys afraid to tackle (hence, BC era)....

A stop with the "true Husker fan".... I have been around the country, am an alumn, and season ticket holder for many, many years.... Did you think the 94-95 team had a bunch of ROLE MODELS playing for them. Take a look at the roster and characters on those teams and try to convince me that Asante is "worse" than those guys. I think that the Peter brothers and Tomich, Phillips, Farley, etc... have done worse and did in practice and on the game field. A "true husker fan", if you cheered for that team, should appreciate a little "attitude" back on the defensive side of the ball.

And, by the way, the hit on the OU wr was CLEAN !!! and he was celebreating a bone-jarring hit, like any college kid would if was playing with passion.. Once he realized he was hurt, he changed his demeanor.

I agree with your assessment of the 94-95 team, and I don't want to see us return there. Winning yes, thuggish play, no.

I don't think that "not punishing Asante" for this means that "we are returning there". The fact that he Pelini has kicked players off the team, especially 2 weeks before the season for failed drug tests, shows that he is running a fairly tight ship in terms of "institutional control". The comparisons to the "miami" teams are unfounded...that program was way out of control, on and off the field. Not fair to put this team and staff in the same category based on one play or player's performance.

I agree.. Heck, I am a HS coach who preaches CLASS week in and week out, but I truly believe that Bo is in control of this team and Asante did deliver a "cheap shot", but not unlike probably 10-15 other guys across the county this weekend. ESPN has always and will always have it "out" for NU , so anything they say or think is relatively useless.

I don't think that "not punishing Asante" for this means that "we are returning there". The fact that he Pelini has kicked players off the team, especially 2 weeks before the season for failed drug tests, shows that he is running a fairly tight ship in terms of "institutional control". The comparisons to the "miami" teams are unfounded...that program was way out of control, on and off the field. Not fair to put this team and staff in the same category based on one play or player's performance.

I agree.. Heck, I am a HS coach who preaches CLASS week in and week out, but I truly believe that Bo is in control of this team and Asante did deliver a "cheap shot", but not unlike probably 10-15 other guys across the county this weekend. ESPN has always and will always have it "out" for NU , so anything they say or think is relatively useless.

I like all you posted, but that part about ESPN having it out for NU, come on, they have no vendetta. Lets get back to ripping the original poster now.