Disappointed in Pelini for not showing class

HuskerNLA

People wanted the Blackshirts back...........

Now they don't...........

The Blackshirts in the 90's were known as one of the dirtiest teams in america............

Under Osborne..........

Funny how winning clouds some memories..........

Is somebody's gash hurt because USC got the floor wiped up with them?

He got a 15 yard penalty, end of story. Get over it.

It was a shoulder shot-not even a head shot, and he may have been in the air before Reesing laid out.

You have to be a serious b!tch to think that he deserves any kind of penalty beyond the flag that he got.

Is somebody's gash hurt because USC got the floor wiped up with them?

He got a 15 yard penalty, end of story. Get over it.

It was a shoulder shot-not even a head shot, and he may have been in the air before Reesing laid out.

You have to be a serious b!tch to think that he deserves any kind of penalty beyond the flag that he got.

it was a hard hit, which makes it look worse, but it was not dirty. he was penalized, as he should have, but beyond that he was just playing with intensity and the mindset of destroying reesing. he got a little carried away.

I know I am opening myself up for attacks from Husker fans that are just glad we are winning again, but I say you are not TRUE Husker fans if you condone the conduct of Bo Pelini and Larry Asante.

I am VERY disappointed in Bo Pelini for not doing something about Larry Asante playing like a thug for the second week in a row. I hate Oklahoma and I hate KU, but I love football and there is not place for thuggish play like the celebration over injuring a OU player after making a dirty hit and then the hit on the KU quarterback was just downright dirty. We want winning football and Nebraska but not at the cost of becoming a Miami like group of thugs. I was hoping that, even though Pelini came from the Les Miles staff that he would show more class than Miles does...I guess I was wrong, he is showing himself to be just as classless. Come on Pelini, DO SOMETHING ABOUT LARRY ASANTE.

T-Ball starts in April

I don't think that "not punishing Asante" for this means that "we are returning there". The fact that he Pelini has kicked players off the team, especially 2 weeks before the season for failed drug tests, shows that he is running a fairly tight ship in terms of "institutional control". The comparisons to the "miami" teams are unfounded...that program was way out of control, on and off the field. Not fair to put this team and staff in the same category based on one play or player's performance.

I agree.. Heck, I am a HS coach who preaches CLASS week in and week out, but I truly believe that Bo is in control of this team and Asante did deliver a "cheap shot", but not unlike probably 10-15 other guys across the county this weekend. ESPN has always and will always have it "out" for NU , so anything they say or think is relatively useless.

I like all you posted, but that part about ESPN having it out for NU, come on, they have no vendetta. Lets get back to ripping the original poster now.

Yeah not really a vendetta against us I agree. They just love to make a story when there is none. It goes with all the teams across the country. Bad news is good news to the media.

First of all, the hit Asante made on the Oklahoma player was not "dirty." It was a perfectly executed tackle. He didn't lead with his helmet, it was made by his body. Should he have just gone up and slapped the player on the hand asking him nicely to go down? I'm sure that is what our players have to do in order to get your approval.

After he made the hit, he got up and started celebrating because he broke up a play. Not sure if you ever watch college or pro football, but celebration after a big play is kind of the norm.

Secondly, Asante was already going for Reesing when he was sliding. He could've tried to avoid hitting him the way he did, but I don't think, in any way, that his intent was malicious.

You are really grasping at straws to try and make Pelini and Asante look bad. My guess is a closet KU or MU fan. Please find yourself the door. Thanks.

The game officials felt it was dirty and, from what I am hearing the Big XII does as well. But, I guess you don't care if we are seen as a bunch of thugs, you just want a winning team. Fans like you don't even know what it means to be a Husker fan.

The game officials thought, correctly, that it was illegal. If they thought it was dirty, they would've ejected him.

Where have you "heard" that the Big XII thinks it's dirty? I doubt they've even reviewed it yet.

I couldn't see clearly enough whether it was a stupid play or if he simply couldn't pull up in time.

Lots of comments on this board questioning Reesing's toughness. He's not a running QB, but he made some nice runs, and the slides are what that type of QB do so they won't get hurt. It's smart play, and takes advantage of the rules. It'd be stupid to try for another yard or two and risk injury, especially at his size.

I'm probably in the vast minority but I would take thug winners over a 'nice' but average team. So long as 'thug' does not infer seriously injuring an opponent on a blatantly dirty play but instead blurring the line a little on what is clean and what is dirty. Asante's hit was not blatantly dirty, it is almost impossible to stop your momentum when you are hurling your body around. Plus, almost all of the great teams have had at least a few "thugs" playing for them ... it is almost a necessity if you want to be not good but great. The '95 team had their fair share, so it is not like Neb has won with only the most upstanding of student athletes...

I know I am opening myself up for attacks from Husker fans that are just glad we are winning again, but I say you are not TRUE Husker fans if you condone the conduct of Bo Pelini and Larry Asante.

I am VERY disappointed in Bo Pelini for not doing something about Larry Asante playing like a thug for the second week in a row. I hate Oklahoma and I hate KU, but I love football and there is not place for thuggish play like the celebration over injuring a OU player after making a dirty hit and then the hit on the KU quarterback was just downright dirty. We want winning football and Nebraska but not at the cost of becoming a Miami like group of thugs. I was hoping that, even though Pelini came from the Les Miles staff that he would show more class than Miles does...I guess I was wrong, he is showing himself to be just as classless. Come on Pelini, DO SOMETHING ABOUT LARRY ASANTE.

Atypical...Pelini and Co win and Lee has a decent game so people have to find something else to complain about. Do you disapprove of his sideline apparel as well? <_<

Fans like you don't even know what it means to be a Husker fan.

Fans like you don't even know what it means to be a Husker fan.

mods......can i please use a personal attack on this guy?!

there should be a rule that when you can attack everything in their post you can attack them!!!!

this guys post is dumb and uneducated on the game of football. period.

The PC of college football continues :bang

Funny how in the 1994 Orange Bowl Nebraska defense pounded Frank Costas and that was seen as great defense.

Now if you tried to hit a QB like that it's 15 yard everytime and more crying from people on forums how thugish NU is. It reminds me of the commentator last week saying this is tackle football right.

that hit looked a lot worse than it was. thuggish is an unfair characterization of asante. he plays with passion, ht should not have hit reesing, but he did and he was penalized. that's all, i do not think we can speak to his intent other than that he wants to tackle the guy with the ball, especially if that guy is a qb.