IF we could win the Big 12

JTrain

I'm just curious, for those more familiar with the bowl selection process than I am, who we would play if we could upset Texas in the CCG. Assume the following:

Boise finishes undefeated

Cincinnati finishes undefeated

TCU finishes undefeated

Iowa beats Minnesota

I assume we would be in the Fiesta, but against who? Boise, TCU, UF/Bama loser, Iowa?

I'm just curious, for those more familiar with the bowl selection process than I am, who we would play if we could upset Texas in the CCG. Assume the following:

Boise finishes undefeated

Cincinnati finishes undefeated

TCU finishes undefeated

Iowa beats Minnesota

I assume we would be in the Fiesta, but against who? Boise, TCU, UF/Bama loser, Iowa?

I know the orange bowl has the first replacement pick but I'm not sure of the rest of the order I would think either Boise or TCU but that is just speculation

Found the rest of the selection order

The champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to certain bowls, unless they are No. 1 or No. 2. (ACC: Orange; Big Ten: Rose Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar). If a Bowl loses a host team to the Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar). If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. The res of the selection order for 2010 is as follows: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar One champion from C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt or WAC will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annua automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls

link

OK, here's the reality:

The SEC will most likely have the #1 team, so the Sugar gets first pick to replace them, and should take the SEC #2 (Florida or Alabama).

If we beat Texas, TCU or Cincinnati are in line to be #2, so no bowl loses a team from that.

The Rose gets the Pac 10 winner vs. Ohio State

The Orange gets the ACC winner and has first choice of the rest -- probably Texas.

The Fiesta gets Nebraska as Big 12 champ, and gets the next choice. It could be any of Iowa or Penn State from the Big 10, whichever of Cincinnati or TCU that doesn't go to the championship game, or Boise State. Or possibly a Pac 10, ACC , or Big East runner up if either is eligible, but I can't see this. I'd bet they either opt for the Big 10 runner up, or take Boise St under pressure not to leave them out.

The Sugar has to take Cincinnati or TCU if they are still around, or else it can take any team the Fiesta didn't.

Upsets could change this.

I find it hard to believe that when we upset Texas that the Fiesta Bowl would pick Iowa or Penn State who are currently 13 & 14 in the BCS standings. I could be wrong though because finically that would be huge for them.

If Florida beats Alabama (Unless they get totally blown out) and we beat Texas I think that a 1 loss Alabama team will stay ranked ahead of the Big East Champion, Boise State, and TCU. This would make the title game a Florida/Alabama rematch (which if you are against the current system would be great ammunition). I don’t think this would be the case if Alabama beats Florida though because I think that the voters have been looking for a reason to drop them in the polls but haven’t yet because they keep winning.

Hmmm...trying to figure out what BCS game we will play in with 2 conference games left and facing the #2/3 team in the nation for the conference championship.

Hello I’m a fan based internet message board; it is very nice to meet you. :moreinteresting

I like how you left off my point of hoping the team isn't thinking about that. Might want to put your pancake headded rabbit away.

Can you imagine the complete meltdown here if KState plays Texas in the Big 12 Championship game? Considering we've played some of our worst football at home, I'm a little concerned about this game. Snyder will have cats ready to play. If they come in and jump out early, we could be in trouble.

Anyone that thinks this game is a gimmie has no concept of reality whatsoever, but is a total kool-aid drinker (actually probably has it via I.V.). Of course that being said, I hope last week was just a little tune up for the offense and we come out blazing and the D completely wreaks havoc on KSU. But a special teams play here or a turnover there and the game could swing in a heartbeat.

Not to take anything against this board or sound like a pessimist, but we have to win Saturday to play Texas, so lets do this next week!

:thumbs

NO... poop.gif

I was just stating something, but you are a football know it all so im sorry..

:facepalm:

Pins and needles, we're all on them aren't we? I was agreeing with your post if you take half a second to read what you said and what I posted. As in saying "NO $HIT...Let's worry about this after the KSU game".