Going to the game....

Apathy

I'm thinking the sign is the only thing left of the Kuhl's downtown. Could be wrong though.

yup. Kuhl's closed up about a year ago... shame.

Oh ole Pete n Stella... whenever i went to my grandparents when i was younger we ALWAYS went to Kuhls... we'd spend like 2 hours there.. always got to go back in the kitchen with pete n watch him cook my pancakes.. hah, my sister ate enough cottage cheese that she puked from Kuhls when she was like 6 or 7... miss that place....

yeah, i'm trying hard to get my own kids to like and appreciate 'real' places like Kuhl's, rather than all the chain crappola. it's getting harder and harder to find 'em...

I'm thinking the sign is the only thing left of the Kuhl's downtown. Could be wrong though.

yup. Kuhl's closed up about a year ago... shame.

Oh ole Pete n Stella... whenever i went to my grandparents when i was younger we ALWAYS went to Kuhls... we'd spend like 2 hours there.. always got to go back in the kitchen with pete n watch him cook my pancakes.. hah, my sister ate enough cottage cheese that she puked from Kuhls when she was like 6 or 7... miss that place....

yeah, i'm trying hard to get my own kids to like and appreciate 'real' places like Kuhl's, rather than all the chain crappola. it's getting harder and harder to find 'em...

Yea it is....I remember taking a college visit to Iowa City a few years back and stopping and eating in the Amana Colonies... wow, amazing. all i can say. wish we had stuff like that around here.

I'm going to the game and will be staying the night at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel right off of Cornhusker Hwy and was wondering if there are any good breakfast places to go to. If there are any buffet breakfasts in Lincoln that would be something looking into. I'm not looking at going to like a Village Inn, Perkins, IHop, etc because I have those where I'm from but I've never ate at a Denny's before too.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Buffet Breakfast

- Denny's

- Our any good homemade style breakfast

Howard's Pantry. Roughly 48th and Normal. It's about $6. All you can eat breakfast buffet. Biscuits and gravy, waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit, etc. etc.

Head south on 48th street . . . you'll see it on your left.

I actually went here recently, but I was very disappointed. I prefer Stauffers.

I am confident that I am the go-to guy when it comes to restaurant suggestions in Omaha and Lincoln.

But if the place still exists (Lincolnites, help me out), YOU NEED TO GO to Kuhl's for a good breakfast. Excellent homestyle breakfast and their OJ is delicious.

And I have said this a hundred times on this board, for pre-game or post-drinking, go to Ali-Baba's for the best Gyro in the midwest.

Are they better than The Greek Islands in Omaha?

I'm going to the game and will be staying the night at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel right off of Cornhusker Hwy and was wondering if there are any good breakfast places to go to. If there are any buffet breakfasts in Lincoln that would be something looking into. I'm not looking at going to like a Village Inn, Perkins, IHop, etc because I have those where I'm from but I've never ate at a Denny's before too.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Buffet Breakfast

- Denny's

- Our any good homemade style breakfast

Howard's Pantry. Roughly 48th and Normal. It's about $6. All you can eat breakfast buffet. Biscuits and gravy, waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit, etc. etc.

Head south on 48th street . . . you'll see it on your left.

I actually went here recently, but I was very disappointed. I prefer Stauffers.

:yeah