What an Uninspiring Win

Washusker

Yay. Big 12 North Champs. Yippee.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

Otherwise, we are losing to UT 20-3, or something along those lines.

I thought the game was great. I got in a nice long nap while they were trying to play a game of football. Really that had to be the most boring game I ever saw. When I wasn't napping that is .

you were napping? how were you aware it was boring? you should watch Notre Dame, great offense, can't win a game though, but great offense.

Anyone can have a great offense when you play teams they did, sh#t i wish we could hand pick our schedule with middle of the road pac 10 and big 10 teams, yet it takes 59 minutes to win the game.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

I thought the game was great. I got in a nice long nap while they were trying to play a game of football. Really that had to be the most boring game I ever saw. When I wasn't napping that is .

you were napping? how were you aware it was boring? you should watch Notre Dame, great offense, can't win a game though, but great offense.

Anyone can have a great offense when you play teams they did, sh#t i wish we could hand pick our schedule with middle of the road pac 10 and big 10 teams, yet it takes 59 minutes to win the game.

Pederson fullfilled your wish next year. Though he was trying to help his boy Callahan winning percentage when he made it.

that was my point. if you read the post i was responding to you would have seen that. he was complaining about our offense, and i was saying that having a good offense is not as valuable as having a great defense. and if you think it is boring, i think watching bad teams score a bunch of points is boring. read before you respond, i was defending the defense, offense, the whole team.

Whoever said go back to the 90's if you like stylish wins was right on. A lot of teams have been winning ugly this year and thank goodness our defense has held up as well as it has. When you wake up the next day and see one in the win column that's all that matters.

PS. since the big 12 came along, NU has lost the dominance we saw in the mid 90's and we probably won't ever see that again because the Big 12 wasn't formed to help NU, it was formed to help Texas.

Whoever said go back to the 90's if you like stylish wins was right on. A lot of teams have been winning ugly this year and thank goodness our defense has held up as well as it has. When you wake up the next day and see one in the win column that's all that matters.

PS. since the big 12 came along, NU has lost the dominance we saw in the mid 90's and we probably won't ever see that again because the Big 12 wasn't formed to help NU, it was formed to help Texas.

i agree with what you said completely. the Big XII and SEC are no longer known for style points when facing actual competition (not FIU). i am not disagreeing with you, but what do you mean when you say the Big XII was formed to help Texas. i am asking genuinely and am just curious.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE. SOME OF YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE PURPLES.

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. WE HAVE 8 NOW, WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR 3 MORE. DAMN IT I'M SICK OF THIS sh#t FROM YOU FRICKIN BABIES. 95 IS OVER. WE DONT JUST SHOW UP ON SATURDAY AND WIN 56-7 BECAUSE OF A RED N ON OUR HELMETS. A WIN IS A WIN, TAKE IT HOW WE CAN GET AND MOVE ON.

That was BEAUTIFUL!!! Sad part about it is, some on here seem to be under the delusion that all of TO's years of coaching were just like the 95 season :LOLtartar . I remember when people said he couldn't win the Big One and wanted him to leave, or the game had passed him by. Let's see, Switzer owned our a$$es, there were the SEVEN straight bowl losses, some of which were MAJOR a$$ whippings and it took him 20+ yrs to win the first NC. Now, also, he had nine win seasons every year (HMM, Pelini may have his second in a row out of two yrs coaching), went to Bowl games every year (again, Pelini will have his second Bowl out of two yrs coaching) and became very respected over time (remains to be seen, but I am very encouraged with the directions Pelini is taking this program). My point is, Pelini's first two yrs of coaching look VERY much like most of Dr. Tom's. What more do people want?

DAMN YOU PEOPLE. SOME OF YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE PURPLES.

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. WE HAVE 8 NOW, WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR 3 MORE. DAMN IT I'M SICK OF THIS sh#t FROM YOU FRICKIN BABIES. 95 IS OVER. WE DONT JUST SHOW UP ON SATURDAY AND WIN 56-7 BECAUSE OF A RED N ON OUR HELMETS. A WIN IS A WIN, TAKE IT HOW WE CAN GET AND MOVE ON.

That was BEAUTIFUL!!! Sad part about it is, some on here seem to be under the delusion that all of TO's years of coaching were just like the 95 season :LOLtartar . I remember when people said he couldn't win the Big One and wanted him to leave, or the game had passed him by. Let's see, Switzer owned our a$$es, there were the SEVEN straight bowl losses, some of which were MAJOR a$$ whippings and it took him 20+ yrs to win the first NC. Now, also, he had nine win seasons every year (HMM, Pelini may have his second in a row out of two yrs coaching), went to Bowl games every year (again, Pelini will have his second Bowl out of two yrs coaching) and became very respected over time (remains to be seen, but I am very encouraged with the directions Pelini is taking this program). My point is, Pelini's first two yrs of coaching look VERY much like most of Dr. Tom's. What more do people want?

and just because we did not win 56-3 does not mean we did not dominate the game. now, it is not the same dominance of our best years, but i do not think anyone was in doubt of us winning the game. it was a good game plan and it worked.

Defense wins championships. Just ask Ohio St. and Oklahoma, who's big bad offenses went up agains

SEC defenses (one of which was Pelini's) in each of the last 3 years only be hand fed a can of ass whippin. We only scored 17, points, whoopee, they only got 3. How many times you see Florida or Alabama score just 17 or 20 points and still have it look like a dominating victory. Bo has brought the brand of SEC foot ball up here-awesome defense, solid running game, minimized offensive mistakes, sound special teams- and you know what it's working. We've learned the hard way with Callahan, what good is 34 points when your opponent scored 41. Now for Kansas St last night, what good was your 300 yard that the KSU boards are so proud of today in saying Nebraska is not that good, when you have 3 points, and we had 17. hmm.

I like my koolaid Big and Red as a lot of folks, but to compare our current team to the elite of the SEC is laughable. Though Alabama or Florida may beat Texas, not terribly sure of that this year; the only way we beat them is to have the luckiest game we've had in decades and they have the inverse. Comparing us playing a fersh*t Ksuck team to Texas is silly. Can we beat them? Yeah maybe 1 time out of 30 or 40 tries with these teams, so there is a slim chance. Right now I worry about winning in Colorado. Losing that one would be Iowa State like bad.

Yeah, cuz i definitely said that we're the same caliber as Bama and UF. step 1, re-read my comment. step 2: re-read it again. Step 3: put some thought into it. Step 4: modify your response.

What i said, is Bo has brought that style of physical football here, unlike every other Big 12 school that needs to score 40 cuz they gave up 30 with 5 wideouts. The perfect example is Okla last year. Played the OSU's TT's, Missouri's, all these awesome team, threw up 60 points week in, week out, but agains Florida, no no, Florida's 24-14 win was not even as close as the score, OU got out-physicalled up and down the field by a DEFENSE. That is the poitn i Make.

and to say one last thing, If the playcalling would have remained semi-agressive in the second half, Neb. wouldve scored 31, may 35 points easy. But when you have a 2 touchdown cushion with this defense, the correct thing to do is sit on it, let the defense finish it off, and keep the off from mistaking the game away. it was an awesome coaching call, it worked we won, and you know what, the CU game is going to be quite similar.