What an Uninspiring Win

Washusker

also, when you say uninspiring win, i think you should re-watch our defense. we dominated K-State, they never really had a chance and our defense, offense, and special teams all did what they had to do to win that game. Uninspiring win? were you ever worried about losing? i was not.

Actually, I thought K-State moved the ball pretty well against us, as did Kansas. And like Kansas, they had an unlucky break that cost them 7. Also, as crappy as the refs have been this year, I think a few of the calls against K-State were ticky-tack, such as the late hit, the roughing the passer..... Not complaining though. A win is a win, yes, but I still think our O-line needs to make drastic strides before Texas. And we all know that CU always seems to play us close, no matter how bad they are.

the more consistent the unlucky breaks, the more they seem like more than just bad luck. they did move the ball well, but we held them to three, that was the focus of my point. our redzone defense is something special.

The O-line was playing pretty horrendous football tonight. They couldn't seem to hold onto a block to save there lives! Kieth Williams in particular turned in a very sloppy performance.

It looked to me like the game plan called for a lot of pulling and crack down blocking by the line, and I thought their execution of it was spotty at best. IMO NU should have easily rolled up 300+ on the ground tonight.

also, when you say uninspiring win, i think you should re-watch our defense. we dominated K-State, they never really had a chance and our defense, offense, and special teams all did what they had to do to win that game. Uninspiring win? were you ever worried about losing? i was not.

we won... enjoy it

big 12 champs.. .whats not to like.. its been a rough road but the hotter the battle the sweeter the victory!!!! lets just enjoy this one with out the bitching....

i don't know why you quoted me. i was not complaining, i am quite content with the victory.

wasn't meaning to quote you.. just the negative vibes in gernal... just a habit that i always hit the reply but.....

You know what, im proud of our offense, compared to how they played in the past games. Im impressed with them.

i was also impressed, would of liked another touchdown, but i'm really glad burkhead cam back. When my mom and I were walking to our car in Lot 5 we saw burkhead walking next to us, I saw his tag and it said 22 Rex Burkhead. If I didn't see the tag i would of thought he was just another husker fan.

there was definitely too much side to side crap going on. the oline managed some good cracks between the tackles but Helu only popped out the one time on the touchdown run. there were some good 4,5,6 yard runs early that should have turned into 8,10,12s later in the game but RH never popped out. i think if we had cashed in on a couple of those red zone opportunities that got away and established a pass threat we would have seen more rushing yards. there was no reason to fear punting because ksux just self destructed every time they got the ball.

we won... enjoy it

big 12 champs.. .whats not to like.. its been a rough road but the hotter the battle the sweeter the victory!!!! lets just enjoy this one with out the bitching....

i don't know why you quoted me. i was not complaining, i am quite content with the victory.

wasn't meaning to quote you.. just the negative vibes in gernal... just a habit that i always hit the reply but.....

i figured as much, just sometimes my posts get misunderstood and i worry i am not the best at communicating my thoughts via posts.

Congrats to our Huskers! We won the Big 12 North...that is an achievement as we had a low point in the middle of our season...since that time I have been willing to take any wins we can get. Again, props to the defense who did not break this game. It is obvious the offense is rebuilding and had some injuries throughout the season. I was not too fearful of playing KSU at home. We had better be ready for CU because Friday's game is the whole enchilada season for CU.

Good to see Burkhead back...he could give our offense a new wrinkle. Lee managed the game as he needed to except for the dreadful back to back plays leading to the INT. Rolling out to his left and locking on one option is not a good play call anyway IMO. That play was meant for disaster when he took the huge sack loss. Can we please also just get rid of running the option with Lee...anyone know avg. yards on that play throughout the year...I am guessing it is negative? Lee running is not putting any fear in the defense whatsoever. We do run that play where he fakes the option and pulls out to throw...I do like that play although we got CB blitzed on it tonight. The O-Line needs to create some bigger holes and I think we can get some bust outs on the run...I will take the 3-4 yard running plays from Helu. Paul is doing much better of late...great for him. Good things will happen if we use McNeill and our TE's. I am starting to think Kinnie can be a good WR for us...hope to see him get better. For parts of the game Suh looked gassed but got the job done when needed. Dillard was hot and cold tonight...had some big plays but also was horribly out of position at times. No Dennard at all? What is the latest? Dennard is way better than West. West is a serviceable guy on the depth chart but teams go right after him when he is in. Henery is the man with the coffin corner punts!

In CU and TX we are going to have QB's that can run out of the pocket for yards...last two weeks KU and KSU gave us some problems with this and at times KU and KSU showed they could run on us. We need to figure out some fixes on defense for these games. In order to win next two games, we are going to have to keep scores against us low. I don't think we are scoring 30 points in a game the remainder of the year. Our defense, kicking, punting is our strength to win games. Offense cannot turn the ball over and we cannot give up big plays on kick and punt returns. We field positioned KSU fairly good and they only scored 3. I will take that!

As long as we win week after week, I will take it...definitely this year our team and coach are about grinding out the W's with defense, yes I'd like to see the offense get better. Besides, there is no guarantee an inspiring win is getting you anything the next week (see Stanford for most recent example).

What an Uninspiring Thread

Yay. Another thread griping after a victory. Yippee.

Seriously - this is another frustrating thread to read. I don't know if it's the writing or the topic or the poster, but goodness, this is not a good thread at all.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but this was a pretty unsatisfying read. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this thread?

Otherwise, we are going to have to read drivel like this over and over, or something along those lines.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound Knap, you are awesome.

:laughpound:bang:laughpound Dammit Knap!...... Keyboard+Rum+Coke=Knap owes me a keyboard. :lol:

Seriously - this is another frustrating thread to read. I don't know if it's the writing or the topic or the poster, but goodness, this is not a good thread at all.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but this was a pretty unsatisfying read. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this thread?

Otherwise, we are going to have to read drivel like this over and over, or something along those lines.

So let me get this straight. Unless the thread is polished and full of optimism for the 'sKer's than it shouldn't be posted? The Huskers won - check, the defense is great - check, we are Big 12 north champs - check, but the offense sux - check.

The Huskers won the Big 12 and will go to the CCG regardless, but I think the original poster was saying that they didn't exactly look like barn busters. I personally hoped the offense would show some progression in this one, improve more against CU, and then do the same against TX in the Big 12.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound Knap, you are awesome.

:laughpound:bang:laughpound Dammit Knap!...... Keyboard+Rum+Coke=Knap owes me a keyboard. :lol:

:yeah

Thanks for the counter, knapp.

I was beginning to think the original post was my ex talking about our sex life.

So let me get this straight. Unless the thread is polished and full of optimism for the 'sKer's than it shouldn't be posted? The Huskers won - check, the defense is great - check, we are Big 12 north champs - check, but the offense sux - check.

The Huskers won the Big 12 and will go to the CCG regardless, but I think the original poster was saying that they didn't exactly look like barn busters. I personally hoped the offense would show some progression in this one, improve more against CU, and then do the same against TX in the Big 12.

i cant speak for everyone, but i think the point trying to be made is WE KNOW THE OFFENSE SUCKS. WE ACCEPT IT. We also accept, at least the majority of people i talk face to face the fooseball with, that they are not going to get any better. We suck offensively! So when your defense holds the other team to 3 points, and your offense doesnt turn the ball over 8 times, and you win...and people still want to wax negative about how its uninspiring or unimpressive or whatever as far as a win...well...go find a time machine and take yourself back to 82, or 94, or pick any other year. This is not those teams. This is, however, our team. And. They. Are. Winning.

I think it will be a good game.

Texas played Oklahoma to a close call till the end. We kinda played the same way with them.

There is more i can say, but im a bit tired and my eyes are starting to hurt. But Ive had this feeling for two weeks now, if Nebraska plays Texas in Big 12 Championship (which they are), we have a shot to beat them. It may not be a good shot, but its a shot and ill take that any week in college football.

I heard when we won today and i truly believe that our defense can keep up with the Texas offense. Its our offense that needs to bring an +A game down there to the heart of Texas. Don't expect Cody Green to start. :)

What do you honestly expect? Do you think that all of sudden the offense is going to put up 500+ yards on teams when they have not had good showings against teams with a heart beat?

They did what they had to do to win. The defense is rolling and they playing very, very well!

I guess when you always look for the negative, you will find the negative. Try looking for the positive things that happened.....

Here are a couple....the defense is one of the best in the nation, we are Big XII North Champs, Wats has changed the game plan (even though it is suspect at times), we have momentum rolling late in the season, and have a chance to win 10 games.