What an Uninspiring Win

Washusker

Way to keep the faith. We do realize that KSU played with nothing to lose right? That in a sense makes a team very dangerous. Nebraska still won, and the Media has stated that Nebraska could beat Texas in the Big XII Championship, and really mess things up for them. Texas killed our hopes for a 3peat in 1996 when they beat us at the first big XII Championship game, how awesome would it be to return the favor and keep them out of the National Championship?

Amen brother!!!! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:steam

Way to keep the faith. We do realize that KSU played with nothing to lose right? That in a sense makes a team very dangerous. Nebraska still won, and the Media has stated that Nebraska could beat Texas in the Big XII Championship, and really mess things up for them. Texas killed our hopes for a 3peat in 1996 when they beat us at the first big XII Championship game, how awesome would it be to return the favor and keep them out of the National Championship?

Amen brother!!!! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:steam

I'd love it if NU could beat the Whorns. I'll cheer as hard as ever against them!

But they have a senior QB who isn't going to throw 5 INT's.

I will be surprised if NU scores more than 6 on them. Wouldn't be surprised if NU gets shut out.

The defense is being put into too many bad positions. That will backfire, if not againt the sCUm, then against UT. They aren't a great defense, they are a really good defense.

And with an anemic offense, it will be tough to even stay in the game with them.

Yes, yes, tell me what a bad fan I am.

what does inspiring win mean? we won by two touchdowns. this was a much better win than a 21/35 win. in a low scoring game, it means the winning team had more control. we played ball control, it is as simple as that. we got a solid lead and did not give them a chance to get back in the game. i saw a lot of similarities between this game and the KU game. both games we won early and then just maintained, it works. we are not a Pac-10 team. it is hard-nosed football. the offense was able to air it out when it wanted to, but after a 2 touchdown lead, why would you? especially with our defense. i am pretty optimistic after watching our offense, all we need is a more consistent o-line and lee to figure out the option.

So let me get this straight. Unless the thread is polished and full of optimism for the 'sKer's than it shouldn't be posted? The Huskers won - check, the defense is great - check, we are Big 12 north champs - check, but the offense sux - check.

The Huskers won the Big 12 and will go to the CCG regardless, but I think the original poster was saying that they didn't exactly look like barn busters. I personally hoped the offense would show some progression in this one, improve more against CU, and then do the same against TX in the Big 12.

Apparently it is ok to be mediocre and stay that way. These people should have been happy with BC!

:facepalm:

If there was an award for missing the point, you two would be neck and neck. :rolleyes:

Mocking a poster for expressing his opinion, which, by the way, I've seen you stick up for over and over, never makes a point. Suppose you enlighten us, Genius.

Ok, it was midnight before I got home last night, and was tired (traffic after the game was horrible). So here goes:

1. Is KSU's QB better than NU's? He shouldn't be.

2. Is KSU's OL better than NU's? It shouldn't be.

3. Is KSU's RB better than NU's? He shouldn't be.

But last night, all of those things looked to be true.

Someone please tell me, if KSU has such a lack of talent, then why was their offense able to outperform NU's?

That's not a knock on NU's defense, btw.

But if KSU doesn't have much talent, then why were they able to have some success against NU's defense?

I'll tell you why.

Coaching. Imaginative playcalling. Imaginative blocking schemes. Recievers running routes that put them in space.

Mark my words. This team will NEVER win anything more than a mediocre North Championship with the current offensive staff.

And that's because the defense will have to carry them time and time again, and as we've seen, it doesn't always work. See: ISU and TT.

Bo needs new offensive coaches, and it starts with Barney and Watson.

By the way, Dreu Young whiffed on block after block after block after block last night. The TE's have blocked pretty well this year, but not last night.

Having said that, I'm pleased this team won the Big XII North.

Bingo!!

SW simply has to go. We're talking bigtime cfb here and excuses just don't hack it.

This poor team can do nothing right. lose they suck, win they suck.

Positives, always follow the positives. We won the game, no one cares the score tomorrow. We beat a very well coached team, that had a great game plan, most of us knew it would be close. That old man can coach no matter what some think.

WE did not win this game, the team won the game, give them some credit for once.

If you thought that we were going to BLOW KSU out in this game you were being naiive.

This was a team that was well coached and was playing with the hopes of not only a big 12 north title, but a postseason AT ALL on the line. I saw a lot of people on a lot of different boards posting that we would win 31-6, 34-10... scores along those lines. What in the hell gave the impression we were capable of scoring that much against a team with a pretty darn good run defense and we had only scored more than 20 in big 12 play one time all year.

I called the exact score of this game... so I'm patting myself on the back :rollin

But for those of you who think that our defense didn't play well in this game, here's something for you:

Daniel Thomas 1st Half stats: 10 carries 77 yards

2nd half stats: 9 carries 22 yards... Notice the defense step it up in the second half?? Anyone?

And if you actually go back and watch that game... Yeah our defense was giving up yards in the first half and even part of the third quarter... But they completely took over in the fourth. If you watch it, you will see a DOMINANT defensive performance.

Also... having a dominant pass defense that we do will play well against Texas. We force quarterbacks to throw the ball away A TON and we break up a TON of passes, mostly at the line of scrimmage. We have the #1 pass efficiency defense.. in case y'all forgot. :restore:restore:bonez

By the way... I LOVE THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HATE ON OUR DEFENSE AFTER WE GAVE UP 3 POINTS AND JUST WON OUR 4TH STRAIGHT GAME.

Yay. Big 12 North Champs. Yippee.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

Otherwise, we are losing to UT 20-3, or something along those lines.

:sarcasm You just got out of solitairy at the pen, haven't seen a tv for months, right? Where have you been? Yesterday was actually one of the better performances. :snacks: