What an Uninspiring Win

Washusker

It's a win. An ugly win but a win.

Two weeks in a row a receiver has fumbled just as they are going to cross the goal line, against us. Those mistakes change how those teams have to play it later in the game. The extra chances they have to take only plays into our defenses hands. Maybe we are due some luck, because that and some good hits have kept this win streak going. Bad luck like V.Tech is still fresh in a lot of Huskers minds. I don't want to see the Buff's get 10+ point lead, this team doesn't look like it can come back from being down that much. I wanted to see this team get a shot at Texas as much as the next fan. I also would like to see this offense come up with a better game plan to help the defense out more. Its hard not to think of the dominet offenses we used to have and wish just for a little of it to show up for 3 or 4 good drives.

Hats off to Bo and his staff, the players for bouncing back after a couple of tough loses, to keep fighting to turn this season into what Bo said he expected for this season, a Big 12 North Title.

GBR!!!

Stampede the Buff's :bonez:bonez:bonez

also, when you say uninspiring win, i think you should re-watch our defense. we dominated K-State, they never really had a chance and our defense, offense, and special teams all did what they had to do to win that game. Uninspiring win? were you ever worried about losing? i was not.

we won... enjoy it

big 12 champs.. .whats not to like.. its been a rough road but the hotter the battle the sweeter the victory!!!! lets just enjoy this one with out the bitching....

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

What an Uninspiring Thread

Yay. Another thread griping after a victory. Yippee.

Seriously - this is another frustrating thread to read. I don't know if it's the writing or the topic or the poster, but goodness, this is not a good thread at all.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but this was a pretty unsatisfying read. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this thread?

Otherwise, we are going to have to read drivel like this over and over, or something along those lines.

win.

Seriously - this is another frustrating thread to read. I don't know if it's the writing or the topic or the poster, but goodness, this is not a good thread at all.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but this was a pretty unsatisfying read. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this thread?

Otherwise, we are going to have to read drivel like this over and over, or something along those lines.

So let me get this straight. Unless the thread is polished and full of optimism for the 'sKer's than it shouldn't be posted? The Huskers won - check, the defense is great - check, we are Big 12 north champs - check, but the offense sux - check.

The Huskers won the Big 12 and will go to the CCG regardless, but I think the original poster was saying that they didn't exactly look like barn busters. I personally hoped the offense would show some progression in this one, improve more against CU, and then do the same against TX in the Big 12.

I don't think Knap is saying that at all, but it's been the same "Our offense sucks" threads every week. Win or lose, someone is calling for someone else's head on a stick week in and week out.

Our offense is what it is, and nothing is going to change that until these players get healthy as we are very shorthanded in most of the skill positions and thin on experienced lineman.

Ok, it was midnight before I got home last night, and was tired (traffic after the game was horrible). So here goes:

1. Is KSU's QB better than NU's? He shouldn't be.

2. Is KSU's OL better than NU's? It shouldn't be.

3. Is KSU's RB better than NU's? He shouldn't be.

But last night, all of those things looked to be true.

Someone please tell me, if KSU has such a lack of talent, then why was their offense able to outperform NU's?

That's not a knock on NU's defense, btw.

But if KSU doesn't have much talent, then why were they able to have some success against NU's defense?

I'll tell you why.

Coaching. Imaginative playcalling. Imaginative blocking schemes. Recievers running routes that put them in space.

Mark my words. This team will NEVER win anything more than a mediocre North Championship with the current offensive staff.

And that's because the defense will have to carry them time and time again, and as we've seen, it doesn't always work. See: ISU and TT.

Bo needs new offensive coaches, and it starts with Barney and Watson.

By the way, Dreu Young whiffed on block after block after block after block last night. The TE's have blocked pretty well this year, but not last night.

Having said that, I'm pleased this team won the Big XII North.

I think that this has a lot to do with how we view football. For example: People tend not to post negatively about their team when they win a shootout. There usually is all the positive vibes going around from scoring all those points, and the poor defensive play gets overlooked. Let's take the 95 Florida team for example. They had a high-flying offense and a core-rotten defense, but all people could talk about is how wonderful they were (until we exposed them for being one-dimensional in the Fiesta Bowl). Now if you take another team that wins on defense effort, people are far less apt to wax poetic about them and are more apt to focus on their offensive flaws instead of defensive strengths.

Our offense is very bad, but fortunately our defense is very good. Instead of winning games 45 to 31, we're winning them 17 to 3 and 10 to 3. It is all in your perspective. When our offense finally gets fixed, we're going to be a top team year in and out. It just isn't going to happen this year with the personnel that we have.

Yay. Big 12 North Champs. Yippee.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

Otherwise, we are losing to UT 20-3, or something along those lines.

Were you one who also said we would get killed by OU?

So let me get this straight. Unless the thread is polished and full of optimism for the 'sKer's than it shouldn't be posted? The Huskers won - check, the defense is great - check, we are Big 12 north champs - check, but the offense sux - check.

The Huskers won the Big 12 and will go to the CCG regardless, but I think the original poster was saying that they didn't exactly look like barn busters. I personally hoped the offense would show some progression in this one, improve more against CU, and then do the same against TX in the Big 12.

:yeah Apparently it is ok to be mediocre and stay that way. These people should have been happy with BC!

Apparently it is ok to be mediocre and stay that way. These people should have been happy with BC!

:facepalm:

If there was an award for missing the point, you two would be neck and neck. :rolleyes: