List home grown Nebraskans

Eric...I selected athletes who were not for the most part FB related.

One NE athlete that needs to be mentioned...

Dr. Tom Osborne

---HS athlete of the year at Hastings

---college athlete of the year at Hastings College

---played FB with the Washington Redskins and SF 49ers

---roomed with former US Senator Jack Kemp

---US House of Representatives

ALSO

---coached a little bit of football and was fairly successful (LOL)

• 4 weeks later...

oh come on guys i know that swimming isn't the "thing" in NEbraska but my boy Scott Usher made the friggin olympics last summer and finished well considering nobody thought he was even going to make the team. :) CONGRATS AGAIN SCOTTY...:D, i don't know if i would even consider anyone still in college here because we're talking about all time greats and i think if they deserve on this list they should be low ends, granted unless they own records for respective schools or went to the FRIGGIN OLYMPICS

Danny Noonan graduated from, and played football at Northeast High School, UNL, and then was selected as the 12th overall pick in the 1987 NFL draft to the Dallas Cowboys (best team to go to by the way) where he stayed until 1992.

Erwin Swiney also graduated from and played football at Northeast High School, UNL, but he went to the Packers out of college right? Anyway, he might not have been that great at UNL or in the NFL, but man could that guy fly. He still holds the forty record at northeast for a senior.

• 1 year later...

Jordan Larson... Signed with Nebraska volleyball for the upcoming season. Considered by many to be the best prep volleyball player in the country. Was a member of the U.S. youth national team along with soon to be teammate Hollowell.

Best I ever played against:

Jay Novacek-Gothenburg

Chris VanNorman-Minden

Best I played with:

Todd Brown, Scott Strasburger, Andy Means} Holdrege

Best I ever kissed: Katheryn Bannister All State VB and Basketball Holdrege.

Yeah, I'd have to go with Gibson as well. They both made the Hall of Fame in their respective sports, but Gibson had a lot longer career, more all star appearanced, and he played for the Globetrotters. Anyone who is gifted enough to play an entirely different sport especially with the Globetrotters gets the nod from me every time. Sayers was a great athlete, but injuries kept him from having a longer better career.