Does anyone else HATE the Hawkeyes

EZ-E

Nope, I actually like the Hawkeyes. I live in a household of Hawk fans so I get to see my fair share of games, hear about them, etc. The amount of success that the Hawkeyes have had year in and year out with the amount of talent they get(compared to Ohio State, Penn State;the "big" teams) is VERY impressive. I would really like to see the Huskers and Hawkeyes go back to playing each other; looking at Nebraska's team of last year and this year, and the same for Iowa, those would be 2 great games.

when we played iowa the first time way back i think we lossed..hard for me to say that. but i think the serioes is 2-1 favoring us....i hate the hawkeyes and the little 10. i hate hearing iowa fans say how good they are, but i just burn them by saying how lucky they get... honestly there scedule isnt that hard, i have no idea why its rated so high?...i feel bad when iowa wins as much as when Nebraska looses a game...thats how bad i hate them

:LOLtartar

if nu was 10-2 you wouldn't tell people how good they are?

I call B.S.

I think nu is good at 8-3. I bet you do too.

If they were 10-2 you'd be bouncing off the rafters.

you can't even spell schedule... and you certainly aren't being honest when talking about iowa's.

but just to educate you a LITTLE.

Iowa has the 20th toughest strength of schedule in college football.

wanna know where NU's is??

here's the link look it up... from the NCAA website:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/tou...9games_cumm.pdf

and it's cumulative- a big word for it's recalculated each week to include past and future opponents as the games are played out.

fbs and fcs means it counts both in the calculation.

yup, iowa had to block two consecutive field goal attempts to avoid overtime vs UNI.

Let me say that again for the folks who don't know wtf they are talking about....

NOT TO WIN.. but to avoid OT. Iowa was LEADING when they blocked TWO IN A ROW.

got it?

When was the last time you saw that happen... at ANY level? Two in a frikken row!

BTW...

That same "lucky" Iowa beat a top 5 Penn St on the road in front of 103,000 fans, michigan st on the road, and a ranked wisconsin on the road.

and took ohio state (on the road) to overtime in front of 100,000+ fans with a true freshman qb starting his second game!

And even with last year's 4th and 5th string guys at RB, a couple of second string Olinemen, they didn't lose a game until Stanzi went down.

they are 10-2 and second in the big ten and waiting for a pretty good bowl.

IF they are "lucky" enough to finish in the top 10 NATIONALLY this season, It'll be the fourth time since 2002 that they did it.

Iowa stomped a mudhole in the clones a$$.

I wish to hell the clones had a team as "lucky" or as good as that one.

hate if ya want. but at least know wtf you are talking about.

Yeah.... they definitely won the game 16-17 and would have LOST if they hadn't blocked those field goals. Way to mock someone for not knowing "wtf" they are talking about...... when you most certainly seem to. :sarcasm

when we played iowa the first time way back i think we lossed..hard for me to say that. but i think the serioes is 2-1 favoring us....i hate the hawkeyes and the little 10. i hate hearing iowa fans say how good they are, but i just burn them by saying how lucky they get... honestly there scedule isnt that hard, i have no idea why its rated so high?...i feel bad when iowa wins as much as when Nebraska looses a game...thats how bad i hate them

I call B.S.

you can't even spell schedule... and you certainly aren't being honest when talking about iowa's.

and it's cumulative- a big word for it's recalculated each week to include past and future opponents as the games are played out.

yup, iowa had to block two consecutive field goal attempts to avoid overtime vs UNI.

Let me say that again for the folks who don't know wtf they are talking about....

got it?

When was the last time you saw that happen... at ANY level? Two in a frikken row!

BTW...

That same "lucky" Iowa beat a top 5 Penn St on the road in front of 103,000 fans, michigan st on the road, and a ranked wisconsin on the road.

and took ohio state (on the road) to overtime in front of 100,000+ fans with a true freshman qb starting his second game!

And even with last year's 4th and 5th string guys at RB, a couple of second string Olinemen, they didn't lose a game until Stanzi went down.

IF they are "lucky" enough to finish in the top 10 NATIONALLY this season, It'll be the fourth time since 2002 that they did it.

:facepalm:

First, They beat UNI 17-16. So a FG would have beaten them if I did the math right. :dunno 2nd - Vandenburg is a RS Freshman not a true freshman. Big difference there to be honest. That was also his FIRST start of the year. He was lucky to get them that far as OSU actually tipped an easy interception to an Iowa WR that was standing near the play. Also, they have trailed in the 2nd half in all but one of their games. They are 8 points away from being 7-6. Three of those games came at home. UNI (won by one), Ark State (won by 3) Michigan (won by two, and MU is 1-7 in the Big Ten).

Check the schedule if you dont believe that they only beat UNI (an FCS team) by one.

http://iowa.rivals.com/

So before you try to blow a whole in this thread and what someone else said make sure you know wtf you are talking about.

I have no respect for Big Ten schools. First whenever you have 11 teams in your conference you call "The Big TEN" you know you are a dumba**. Second, the best team in that conference was beaten at home by a USC team that is nowhere near the top ten in the nation. Oh, and USC also has a REAL true freshman QB.

You can make the arguement that the Big Ten is the most competitive conference in the nation because all games seem to be close. But they are years behind other conferences around the nation.

So jump on that Iowa bandwagon all you want but make sure you know WTF you are talking about as well.

I call B.S.

got it?

BTW...

hate to tell you... But Iowa did block 2 in a row to avoid losing. they won that game 17-16.. the FIELD GOAL is worth 3 points, not 1... no offense dude.. but you shouldn't be ragging on someone else when you can't even get that right.... So as far as telling people who "don't know what the f#*k they're talking about" YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE. 17-16 + field goal for UNI = WIN FOR UNI

Iowa's SoS is in part of the fake difficulty that the big 10 creates for itself. Sure, psu and osu.. they're decent.. but not as hard as the SoS #'s make em look.

As far as hating Iowa goes.. I've usually stayed out of that topic.. They're the team I follow outside of Nebraska.. I lived in iowa from birth til 7 yrs old.. I almost went to college there.. I like em.

I call B.S.

got it?

BTW...

:facepalm:

First, They beat UNI 17-16. So a FG would have beaten them if I did the math right. :dunno 2nd - Vandenburg is a RS Freshman not a true freshman. Big difference there to be honest. That was also his FIRST start of the year. He was lucky to get them that far as OSU actually tipped an easy interception to an Iowa WR that was standing near the play. Also, they have trailed in the 2nd half in all but one of their games. They are 8 points away from being 7-6. Three of those games came at home. UNI (won by one), Ark State (won by 3) Michigan (won by two, and MU is 1-7 in the Big Ten).

Check the schedule if you dont believe that they only beat UNI (an FCS team) by one.

http://iowa.rivals.com/

So before you try to blow a whole in this thread and what someone else said make sure you know wtf you are talking about.

I have no respect for Big Ten schools. First whenever you have 11 teams in your conference you call "The Big TEN" you know you are a dumba**. Second, the best team in that conference was beaten at home by a USC team that is nowhere near the top ten in the nation. Oh, and USC also has a REAL true freshman QB.

You can make the arguement that the Big Ten is the most competitive conference in the nation because all games seem to be close. But they are years behind other conferences around the nation.

So jump on that Iowa bandwagon all you want but make sure you know WTF you are talking about as well.

:yeah guess you beat me to it there... lol

Not sure why I never liked Iowa. :dunno

Was it the black uniforms?

Was it Hayden Fry's pencil thin mustache?

Was it the empty feeling after beating them?

They usually "seem" to play us tough, but I just never had much respect for them for some reason.

Maybe because they've been in the Big 10 (or Televen) ever since I can remember?

I call B.S.

got it?

BTW...

:LOLtartar:w00t:rollin you have just won the worlds biggest retard....how do u feel?

and i can really careless if i misspell i word. do u think the spelling police are going to arrest me when they see this? the next time u tell someone to learn their facts, make sure u double check yours

EDIT: also Iowa is the luckiest team i have ever seen, u obviously havnt watched a single game of theirs, because like others have said they have been down in 9 of their 12 games. Stanzi is prolly the worst qb i have ever seen, he doesnt put his team in situations to win, its situations where they loose.