UCLA\USC- Carroll's a hypocrite

HuskerNMO

Carroll just called a deep pass with less than a minute up 14 for a TD because UCLA called a timeout, then he danced around like a little fairy after the TD, almost the ENTIRE UCLA team came out to challenge USC.

The same tool that cried about Harbaugh, just pulled a similar bush league move, expect to hear lots of fun stuff for the rest of the week.

USC was taking a knee until Tricky Ricky decided to call a timeout.

This one is on Rick-he asked for it.

As much as I don't like Bongheisel or would ever defend this loser, he called a timeout because there could be a chance of a botched snap by USC. Only thing this did was show how much of an a$$hole Carrol really is.

As far as I'm concerned, the Air Force could have dropped a daisycutter in the middle of that field, wiping both of those $hit stains of college football coaches out of existence, and the only reaction I would have is commenting on the pretty fireworks.

I live in LA and have to deal with Trojan and Bruin crap all the time. I have no love for either school; I probably hate the Trojans more because their fans are more annoying (they also have more bandwagoners than any other team I've seen).

In this case though, I'll side with the Trojans and Pete Carroll. He was doing the classy thing and taking the knee. Slick Rick had no business calling that timeout. The Bruins were down by 2 TDs with only seconds left, the game was over! Now, if you want to play to the final second, fine. But you can't fault Carroll for doing the same thing. As far as the celebration goes, Pete and the Trojans are super enthusiastic after any score, but they always do a little extra celebrating against UCLA. The Bruins acted like pussies.

I was there last night.

Carrol did nothing classless. UCLA called time out after a kneel down.

There was 44 seconds on the clock when it all started.

They had not tried to many long passes, kinda of reminded me of watching Nebraska last night.

According to Pete, the upstairs booth called the play, Carrol said who cares, he did not expect it to be completed.

If there was anything classless it was UCLA and their storming the field.

USC does their little victory dance after every win in the final seconds.

As to being in the stands, walk to and from the stadium, we hung out at the peristyle for over an hour before kick off, I never heard any cat calling, evil banter between fans. Very pleasant experience, it was my first USC/UCLA game in long long time.

USC fans are no different than we were in the mid 90's. They have won and expect to win.

7 conference titles in a row gives them the right to feel that way.

USC was taking a knee until Tricky Ricky decided to call a timeout.

This one is on Rick-he asked for it.

Even so, as a coach you don't step down to his level or lower (in which case Carroll did).

All Carroll did was smack UCLA in the face with that TD after they called a pointless timeout. Carroll literally pulled the media spotlight off UCLA for the questionable timeout to himself for the questionable TD throw.

Congrats Carroll, you have taken another step higher in the College Football Coaches Hall of Deuchebags.

According to Pete, the upstairs booth called the play, Carrol said who cares, he did not expect it to be completed.

But Pete is the head coach, he knew what he was doing, granted he may not have known it would be complete. But just calling another kneel down would have sent USC home with a win and every USC fan happy.

Whenever you have the chance to run out the clock to win, you do it. It doesn't matter that the other coach calls time out to make you snap it more or make you punt with 3 ticks left or whatever. Carrol took the chance of having a sack/fumble returned and an onside kick and quick score (game tied) for the sole purpose of embarrassing the Bruins. He did dance like a little fairy too.

Right! You take another knee. You can't fault the other coach for refusing to give up! I'd want Bo to call that timeout. Show me even though the game is decided you're not going to pack it in. I credit CU for tossing that TD at the end. I was disappointed with KU running out the clock and I believe MU did too.

It's like fouling a guy in basketball when down 8 with 10 seconds. Close enough to try for the miracle. Strange things happen. 44 seconds...suppose their's a fluke snap. 44 seconds is enough time to bomb, onside kick, bomb. Impossible...no...improbable yes.

Not sure how you call a guy classless for prolonging a game he's losing....

I was there last night.

Carrol did nothing classless. UCLA called time out after a kneel down.

There was 44 seconds on the clock when it all started.

They had not tried to many long passes, kinda of reminded me of watching Nebraska last night.

If there was anything classless it was UCLA and their storming the field.

USC does their little victory dance after every win in the final seconds.

As to being in the stands, walk to and from the stadium, we hung out at the peristyle for over an hour before kick off, I never heard any cat calling, evil banter between fans. Very pleasant experience, it was my first USC/UCLA game in long long time.

USC fans are no different than we were in the mid 90's. They have won and expect to win.

7 conference titles in a row gives them the right to feel that way.

Maybe so, but you can't do something like this when in a previous week you were bitching about a team running the score up on you. How does that make sense?

Well, it made sense to Carrol because it's fine when you do it to other teams, but when you get your ass kicked by Standford on national television, well, I guess you have to whine about something.