So here's my scenerio for Saturday

I think we open the running game up and expose Texas's D, and do very well with the running game. But at times we will throw the ball and at least one out five times we throw were gonna get a good yardage gain. I think our D will keep Texas to the passing game and pressure McCoy all night long. I think we could by the end fight a good fought game and come out close depending on how our D plays and if our Offense can show up Saturday I think we can squeeze out a close one 21-17 but if our O doesn't show up then were in for a 17-3 defeat,

Whats your opinions?

I think Zac Lee will get injured and Cody Green will triumphantly rise to the occasion and go for 200 yards rushing and 4 total tds..... But honestly, I would have to agree with you, but I just can not see our offense scoring 21 points unless they have an incredible break out game. I think we will have to have big plays on carlfense or special teams to get us in position to score at all.

I think the running game will suffer in the beginning. Once everyone comes down from their adrenaline high, then we might see some success with it.

Bear in mind that Texas is ranked #1 in rushing defense. So long as we keep trying to get physical with them as the game wears on, then we might be able to bust open a big run the same way Helu did against OU.

IMO the key to beating texas is mccoy. if we can knock him out of the game I think we have a chance. I am not saying we take cheap shots, but he needs to get the blaine gabbert treatment.

So when you knock McCoy out, how do you shut down the 5-star recruit Gatorade Player of the Year Garrett Gilbert that backs him up?

:lol:

I was talking to a guy at work tonight and he said that our Defense could help Nebraska work with a short field, not to mention our kicking game. Who knows what kind of a monster leg #90 has with no wind. Besides exposing Texas' Defense, we might expose Texas' Offensive line in the process too. I keep seeing holding penalties against the Offensive player blocking against Suh over and over. Texas might have to triple team Suh to keep him off of Mccoy. It's time for Nebraska to have that holy sh*t moment and break lose. We might be dangerous because we have nothing to lose either.

I see a Nebraska team that plays as hard as they can but makes mistakes. I see a defensive line that pulls fuel out of nowhere for a half but our offense can't keep them off the field. We have to stick to a running plan to shorten the clock. It wouldn't surprise me to see Watson take a stab at em right away like A&M did but then settle into the gameplan. We have to attack the middle. They are too fast hit the outside very often.

I could see us getting down a quick 14 points before the offense even gets a first down but I could also see the D pick it up and force some poor throws by mccoy and getting a few stops early on. So hard to say what will happen.

I lean towards being overmatched and playing our guts out for so many weeks in a row and a Texass team that had an extra day to rest and didn't have to work as hard to get where they are now. If the D line goes all in right away...the offense better make the most of it. I am really concerned that our D line is just still not back up to full form.

I see a Nebraska team that plays as hard as they can but makes mistakes. I see a defensive line that pulls fuel out of nowhere for a half but our offense can't keep them off the field. We have to stick to a running plan to shorten the clock. It wouldn't surprise me to see Watson take a stab at em right away like A&M did but then settle into the gameplan. We have to attack the middle. They are too fast hit the outside very often.

I could see us getting down a quick 14 points before the offense even gets a first down but I could also see the D pick it up and force some poor throws by mccoy and getting a few stops early on. So hard to say what will happen.

I lean towards being overmatched and playing our guts out for so many weeks in a row and a Texass team that had an extra day to rest and didn't have to work as hard to get where they are now. If the D line goes all in right away...the offense better make the most of it. I am really concerned that our D line is just still not back up to full form.

this game seems to be unpredictable (hopefully, because predictable would mean an NU team getting rolled); however, i do agree with you and worry about our d-line being worn out, which is unfortunate. but i got to believe Bo knows this and is some how compensating for it, i do not know, but i never really thought of late season exhaustion as being a potential problem until watching this defense. it seems by know coaches would know how to adjust for this and train for this, that it would not be a problem.

Bear in mind that Texas is ranked #1 in rushing defense. So long as we keep trying to get physical with them as the game wears on, then we might be able to bust open a big run the same way Helu did against OU.

Just cuz they're #1 in rush defense doesnt really mean anything. 1) they havent faced ANY offenses that "run" the ball, all teams in the South use a spread pass first offense, and 2) of their 3 north opponents throw pretty much exclusively (missouri and kansas). 3), they've gotten early leads on everyone, they have to throw the rest of the game anyway. This statistical rank is as deceiving as anything.