Jason Peter and the Spread are done

From the LJS

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...4e188621238.txt

Former Husker All-American Jason Peter was told Monday his radio show, “The Spread” on ESPN 1480, was terminated immediately by Three Eagles Communications.

The sports talk show featured Peter and Jeff Wilkerson from 3 to 6 p.m. weekdays and had been on the air since the summer of 2007.

“They, the general manager Joy Patten and program director Mark Taylor, called us in and said it was an economy thing and we were done,” Peter said. “They said more changes were coming at the station but didn’t say what.”

Wilkerson also was perplexed. Three Eagles let him go as the station’s program director as well.

Jason would be an awesome Defensive Line Coach.

I'm gonna disagree with you here.

I know that Double Nickel has forgotten more about how to be a defensive lineman than I can and will ever know, but let's be honest, he's probably forgotten A LOT. He was a junkie after all.

Not saying he's not awesome now, but that lifestyle had to have taken it's toll.

I know that Double Nickel has forgotten more about how to be a defensive lineman than I can and will ever know, but let's be honest, he's probably forgotten A LOT. He was a junkie after all.

Not saying he's not awesome now, but that lifestyle had to have taken it's toll.

I dont know if he would be a good coach but to say becuase he was a junkie he couldnt be succesful. He might have been able to talk to some of our players that in past had problems with DUI's and drugs. Being able to talk to the kids on a personal level about the choices they make and how even someone on top of the world can be reduced to nothing is something that would be a great impact.

That being said he and Bo would not be able to work together.

Whatt is this suppoused to mean? Ever notice how A LOT of rehab counselors, outreach directors, halfway house directors were former addicts themselves? I don't think overcoming a problem like that is a disqualifier; it actually shows resolve and courage, lessons that college kids need to learn.

I've never listened to the show. I can't get it "out" here. (2.5hrs. West of Omaha) But I find this kinda sad. I used to listed to Perrault all the time. I know some people didn't like him but I thought he did a good job. Plus he was all I could get until Sports Nightly. I just think its a joke that these shows are cancelled. I find this hard to believe that its the economy, there are still plenty of advertisers. If they blame ratings then I say really, Really, ratings there's what four sports shows in the area. At least now you folks east of me can listen to Doug Gottlieb. I wonder if Cookie Miller will be a regular caller. I do get Todd-n-Tyler in the mornings, did they ship Travis Justice off with Perrault? or whats the story there.