Pelini and ND

What baffles me is why someone like Meyer, Kelly, or most laughable of all, Pelini would want to make a lateral move or in my biased opinion, A DEMOTION.

Notre Dame might have History and Tradition and money on their side. Those are the only reasons.

Notre Dame isn't a National Power anymore and has not been relevant to the elite of College football for 20 years.

Nebraska is just a few notches down the pole in all time record from Notre Dame. When you add all the stats together Nebraska comes back slightly behind, but in the modern era of football they in my opinion are better, Tradition and fan base included!!

Notre Dame has more National Championships, but what is it, 2 in the last 40 years? Most of those titles were in leather helmet days that your great grandfathers would be hard pressed to remember.. Again, making Notre Dame irrelevant. When they fired Lou Holtz for having success, Karma has payed them back accordingly.

I don't understand why so many people buy into the illusion that Notre Dame is somebody. Truth be told they haven't been somebody for quite some time. Their Top 25 rankings have been propelled by the same illusion and they always manage to blow it.

Let the domers cry about coaches and drop lofty names. In the end they have had their day and that day is over!

What baffles me is why someone like Meyer, Kelly, or most laughable of all, Pelini would want to make a lateral move or in my biased opinion, A DEMOTION.

Notre Dame might have History and Tradition and money on their side. Those are the only reasons.

Notre Dame isn't a National Power anymore and has not been relevant to the elite of College football for 20 years.

Nebraska is just a few notches down the pole in all time record from Notre Dame. When you add all the stats together Nebraska comes back slightly behind, but in the modern era of football they in my opinion are better, Tradition and fan base included!!

Notre Dame has more National Championships, but what is it, 2 in the last 40 years? Most of those titles were in leather helmet days that your great grandfathers would be hard pressed to remember.. Again, making Notre Dame irrelevant. When they fired Lou Holtz for having success, Karma has payed them back accordingly.

I don't understand why so many people buy into the illusion that Notre Dame is somebody. Truth be told they haven't been somebody for quite some time. Their Top 25 rankings have been propelled by the same illusion and they always manage to blow it.

Let the domers cry about coaches and drop lofty names. In the end they have had their day and that day is over!

Pretty sure you would too with the money they offer their coaches...

Sounds exactly like the arguments folks were making when we fired Callahan and some fans were looking for a "name" coach to come in. Notre Dame's day isn't over if they don't want it to be. They'll have to lower their academic standards a bit, but if they do they'll continue to get top talent. They just need a coach that can translate that talent into wins.

Money isn't everything or Pelini would've demanded more from TO. You know he could've gotten it. ND is not a dream job to very many people. Look at their last coaching choices. Hot newcomers but they weren't ripping head coaches away from other power schools. Their academic standards hamper recruiting.

did not a Kelly leave bob Devaney's staff for ND and stay for a very long time?

Bo would be an easy get he is low paid

top jobs pay twice to triple what he makes

The problem is, Bo hasn't earned a top job yet. He's only been a Head Coach for less than two full seasons. He's accomplished next to nothing. Nobody is beating Bo's door down trying to pry him away from Nebraska.

But let's just pretend that they were. You think Nebraska's pockets aren't big enough to put up a competitive offer for Bo? With fans like Warren Buffet and a guy like Tom Osborne sending you letters asking for help? Our boosters aren't poor. We didn't put $50 million into Memorial Stadium and another $46 million into the Tom and Nancy Osborne Athletic Complex in the past ten years because we're poor. We can hold our own against other schools.

Pelini's not going anywhere. And I mean anywhere.

Nebraska is about the only place in major college ball where the coach isn't required to give speeches, endorsements, and all that other P.R. b.s.

And it's a darn good thing, because Pelini is flat-out blunt and rough around the edges. I personally have no problem with it at all - in fact I like it a lot - but the vast majority of top 25 - caliber schools couldn't deal with that.

A school like Notre Dame needs not only a good football coach, but a guy who can give a tear-jerker speech to boosters, and play up for the media with things like visiting sick little boys in the hospital and asking them what the first play of the game should be.

I'm not saying Pelini doesn't have a soft heart - he well may - but he's not into all that superficial emotional b.s.

That gig won't play on most college campuses.

It will at Nebraska - NU cares about one thing, and one thing only: Football.

Pelini is here for a long, long time.