Pelini and ND

Seems like Pelini possesses several qualities that ND might be looking for in their coaching search:

1. He's Catholic

2. Defensive-minded coach

3. Ties to the Midwest (Cardinal Mooney High School and Ohio State)

4. Steady demeanor while under the microscope (as seen during his time here at Nebraska- a coach's

ability to handle scrutiny is very important at ND)

5. Ability to turn a program around quickly i.e. strong leadership

He's probably not being mentioned because of his short time as a head coach. Not sure about his personal desire to coach there either.

Just a few thoughts.

Bo isn't even on their radar, for several reasons, maybe chief among them the fact that he's only been here two years. Any coach that leaves a program after two years would be suspect to a tradition-rich school like Notre Dame. See bold comments below:

Seems like Pelini possesses several qualities that ND might be looking for in their coaching search:

1. He's Catholic - Along with several others out there. You can't swing a stick without hitting five Catholics in this country.

2. Defensive-minded coach - Along with several others out there

3. Ties to the Midwest (Cardinal Mooney High School and Ohio State) - Along with several others out there

4. Steady demeanor while under the microscope (as seen during his time here at Nebraska- a coach's

ability to handle scrutiny is very important at ND) - Not so sure I agree with this. 2008 wasn't a good year for Bo demeanor-wise. I would venture to say his image across the country is pretty dismal in this area.

5. Ability to turn a program around quickly i.e. strong leadership- We have a bunch of wins, but none of impact. Check back in a week and see if this is still true, but so far, Bo hasn't lit up the airwaves with impressive wins as far as non-Husker fans are concerned.

He's probably not being mentioned because of his short time as a head coach. Not sure about his personal desire to coach there either.

Just a few thoughts.

1. He's Catholic

2. Defensive-minded coach

3. Ties to the Midwest (Cardinal Mooney High School and Ohio State)

ability to handle scrutiny is very important at ND)

5. Ability to turn a program around quickly i.e. strong leadership

Just a few thoughts.

I can just imagine Bo swearing up and down those sidelines enough to make Touchdown Jesus cover his ears a little

:thumbs

Lets try pointing this towards the right Pelini brother.

Do you think they might want Carl Pelini to be the head coach of Notre Dame?

Actually.

Carl might've made a better head coach.

But I bet Mike Stoops' record at UA would scare off most colleges (thinking siblings could replicate past success.

I had thought about this as well when I listened to the Notre Dame AD last night but knew better than to post my thoughts with a Colorado avatar...lol The AD does want a defensive minded coach who is a head coach at a major program right now that much is clear.

No college program has as much scrutiny and as many reporters as Notre Dame. Judging Bo's love of press conferences and his handling of them I don't see that as a very good fit. Bo's not going to attend charm school over the winter!! :laughpound

One of the ESPN analysts said the same thing about Stoops being a bad fit at ND. It must be a Youngstown thing? Gruff, blunt and straight to the point.

5. Ability to turn a program around quickly i.e. strong leadership- We have a bunch of wins, but none of impact. Check back in a week and see if this is still true, but so far, Bo hasn't lit up the airwaves with impressive wins as far as non-Husker fans are concerned.

I think it’s safe to say that Bo isn’t going anywhere. Please don’t think I am criticizing our coach. I know it not all about the W/L. The culture and traditions are being restored. But if you look at the records of the teams we lose to with the exception of this years Iowa State loss, they don’t lie.

18 – 7 as a head coach.

19 – 7 if you include the bowl game in 2003.

In year one: 9 – 4

Non Conference wins: Western Michigan, San Jose State, New Mexico, and Clemson.

Their Combined record: 25 – 25

Conference wins: Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, and Colorado.

Their combined conference record: 10 - 30

Losses: Virginia Tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, and OU.

Their overall record: 42 - 11

In year two as of now: 9 – 3

Non Conference wins: Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Louisiana-Lafayette

Their Combined record: 13 - 21

Conference wins: Missouri, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, and Colorado.

Their combined conference record: 17 - 31

Losses: Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, and Iowa State

Their overall record: 23 - 13