http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023531

OUT: J.D. Brookhart. Fired Nov. 28 after going 30-42 in six seasons.

POSSIBLE CANDIDATES: Tennessee graduate assistant Mitch Browning, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti, Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini, Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops, Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner, South Carolina offensive line coach Eric Wolford.

THE BUZZ: Brookhart led Akron to its only bowl appearance in school history, a 38-31 loss to Memphis in the 2005 Motor City Bowl. But that also was the only winning season of Brookhart's tenure. Some assistants could see Akron as a stepping-stone job, but the Zips traditionally have not had much success, so taking the job has some risks. But there is a new stadium that opened this season, and the recruiting base is a good one.

Interesting. I suppose that's not a long shot as he was coaching for Solich at Ohio (another MAC team) so Akron would know of him.

Carl isn't a GA? He was a GA back when they were at OU, but he was a DC before he came here...

<_<

Very random list... I don't think Carl will be heading that way, but sooner or later there is a good chance we will see him go. Right now I am pretty sure that Carl is a little ways down the wish list, and there are a few guys ahead of him that would be willing to listen.