It's about to get a whole lot better around here

I am I

His thoughts on several young defensive players:

-- Pelini said that sophomore tackle Terrence Moore has overcome an ankle injury and has “started to look like a guy we saw in the spring.”

-- Of defensive end Thaddeus Randle, a freshman from Texas, Pelini said he has the fastest feet of anyone he’s coached. “He’s going to be a special, special player.”

-- And of defensive end Jason Ankrah “has become the beast we thought he’d be,” Pelini said. Although he’s redshirting, Ankrah practices with the No. 1 defense.

Finally, when asked if true freshman Eric Martin would ever break into the defense, Pelini predicted that “he will be the defense.”

Martin, who has 11 tackles in 12 games, was recruited by Pelini out of Moreno Valley, Calif. The coach shared a story about watching Martin in an all-star game lined up next to one of USC’s top recruits.

“It was obvious that night who the best player was,” Pelini said. “Every time Eric would make a tackle, Pete Carroll would look at me and shake his head.

“He let one get away.”

Nebraska assistants who recruit in Texas will stay after Saturday’s game and begin to make school and home visits next week.

“To me, the best recruiting for us in Texas is the fact that we’re there,” Pelini said.

I see Randle everyday and to be honest I always figured he would be one of those guys that never saw the field. I am glad hear that I am more than likely wrong in my assumption. I see Ankrah everyday too and he is a freaking beast. He is intimidating to even walk by. Scary to thing that Suh is even bigger than he is. They both seem like good guys too.

I keep saying that our defense has the potential to be better next year even after we lose Suh, Phil Dill and Asante. We have some ballers on the defensive side of the ball.

If our offense can consistently score 14-17 points against tough competition, we'll be vying for the Conference Championship every year Pelini is here.

What are you going to do when Ohio State fires Mr Rogers and offers Pelini?

Sweatervest isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And if Bo ever leaves, we'll go get Turner Gill, with Scott Frost as his O Coordinator and Marvin Sanders as his D Coordinator.

And then may God have mercy on the souls of the Big XII.

Yeah that's always a possibility. But the reason why Coach Cooper, who preceded Tressel, was fired is because he couldn't beat Michigan. Tressel on the other hand has been successful in beating Michigan. So long as Tressel is successful against their rival, I think he'll stay put.

Sweatervest isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And if Bo ever leaves, we'll go get Turner Gill, with Scott Frost as his O Coordinator and Marvin Sanders as his D Coordinator.

And then may God have mercy on the souls of the Big XII.

Knapp, you forgot to mention if NU gets Gill away from KU :sarcasm Back to topic, glad to see some of the younger guys progressing in the system. It is about time NU starts re-loading instead of re-building. :thumbs