Bought off refs = Texas win.

Section 3. Reviewable Plays

Side Line, Goal Line, End Line

Article 1. Reviewable plays governed by a sideline, goal line or an end line include:

a. Scoring plays, including a runner in possession of a live ball breaking the plane of a goal line.

b. A pass ruled complete, incomplete or intercepted at a side line, goal line or an end line.

c. A runner or pass receiver ruled in or out of bounds.

d. Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds in the field of play or an end zone.

Passes

Article 2. Reviewable plays involving passes include:

a. A pass ruled complete, incomplete or intercepted anywhere in the field of play or an end zone.

b. A legal forward pass touched by an ineligible receiver.

c. A legal forward pass touched by a defensive player.

d. A fumble ruled on the part of a potential passer. (Note: If the on-field ruling is forward pass and the pass is incomplete, the play is not reviewable).

e. A forward pass or forward handing ruled when a runner is beyond the line of scrimmage.

f. A forward pass or forward handing ruled after a change of possession.

g. A pass ruled forward or backward when thrown from behind the line of scrimmage. (Exception: If the pass is ruled forward and is incomplete, the play is not reviewable).

Miscellaneous

Article 3. Miscellaneous reviewable plays include:

a. A runner judged to have been not down by rule. (Note: If a runner is ruled down, the play is not reviewable).

b. A runner’s forward progress with respect to a first down.

c. Touching of any type kick by any player.

d. The number of players participating by either team during a live ball.

e. A scrimmage kicker beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is kicked.

f. Clock adjustment when a ruling on the field is reversed.

g. A fumble recovery by a Team A player during fourth down or a try and before any change of possession.

Plays Not Reviewable

Article 4. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

on the replay they were holding on one of the sacks, I think it made Herbstriet pause a bit cuz he realized that suh was getting cheated the whole game and still tearing sh#t up, that was just before he said something about "they are gonna have to make up a rule for this guy so that its fair"

about the time thing, yeah the ball hit with one second left, but the refs blew it dead later. The official clock doesn't show tenths of seconds? Anyone remember that WSU v. Michigan Rose Bowl where they ran like 9 seconds off the clock not allowing a hail mary try? We can't even get a half second run off lol.

And that out of bounds DPI was one of the worst DPI calls I've seen all year. It was uncatchable and I didn't think it was interference anyway.

I don't know... But the Big XII instant replay rules are pretty clear. Simply gong to review to change an "eggregious" time keeping error (I'm not sure 1 extra second running off out of 3600 seconds is eggregious) is simply not allowed by rule. Unless of course, they were stating that the result of the play -- an incomplete pass -- was incorrect.

On that drive I think the zebras got the previous calls right...

Kicking a kickoff out of bounds places the ball on the 40 yard line.

A horse collar tackle is a 15 yard personal foul.

And McCoy let the ball fly out of his hands and it landed out of bounds with about a second left. The clock operator responded in whatever way they did, and the clock ended up on 0:00. However, nothing in the Big XII rules allows this to go instant replay review.

If the officials on the field fixed this without the help of the booth, then there is absolutely no problem with correctly adding a second back on the clock. However, I don't think this is how this went down -- and I think a lot more people should be outraged, even though the Huskers appeared to be trying to give Texas the game.

My 2 cents...

Yes we have a horrible offense.

Yes "Horse Collar" is a pu&&y penalty but a penalty none the less.

Yes "bad officiating" no matter how merited is the cry of the loser.

But still ... 60:01. Hold your heads high Horns. 60:01.

No ones going to give the Huskers anything as they try to make it back to the top. No one who wasn't a Husker liked seeing them there anyway. 60:01

Maybe there was 1 second left, maybe there wasn't. However, the biggest thing that angers me is the inconsistency among refs and conferences. Exhibit A is from the beginning of this season, if there's 1 second left in our game then there is 1 second left in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNYLt_ptyM#t=4m5s

They never reviewed if there was time left, hell I don't even remember much of a dispute. However, its more so the inconsistency among officials. I get that they can't all be the same all the time, every time, but when you call pass interference for the defender looking at the receiver, it gets fishy. It's not illegal to look at the defender.

My take on the officiating:

There were two pass interference calls that I thought were harsh the main one was when the Texas receiver was 5 yards out bounds to begin with and never even knew the ball was comming, that was an absolutely horrible call.(+1 for Nebraska)

There was a no-call unneccesary roughness penalty that should have been thrown against Nebraska when a Cornhusker DB tattooed a Horn receiver after the kid took about 5 steps after dropping the football.(+1 for Texas)

How many chop blocks can you get called for before you get ejected? The reason a chop block is a personal foul is for player safety issues.(+1 for Nebraska)

The kickoff where the Texas returner dropped the ball on the 1 yard line but was ruled down was clearly the wrong call, Texas was able to move the ball out of there which in retrospect seems to be ingored.(+1 Texas)

The clock issue, the ball does hit the ground with time on the clock, that issue seems to be not argued by the most ardent Cornhusker supporters but the issue of why it was reviewed is the issue. I think for both schools sake the NCAA or the Big 12 should really make a strong statement for both schools about this today. If the play is reviewable then it is owed to your shool to clarify the rule it should be explained to Texas as well to give them the peace of mind that they won fairly. If it should not have been reviewed then let the sh#t storm continue.

I think the balance of bad calls was about even, the real question is the clock and I would like to see an explanation today from the powers that be.

Do you even know anything about football? If a player touches the ball while he is down, THE BALL IS DOWNED, doesn't matter if he has possession or not. you see it on kickoffs all the time. it was the correct call.

There were two pass interference calls that I thought were harsh the main one was when the Texas receiver was 5 yards out bounds to begin with and never even knew the ball was comming, that was an absolutely horrible call.(+1 for Nebraska)

There was a no-call unneccesary roughness penalty that should have been thrown against Nebraska when a Cornhusker DB tattooed a Horn receiver after the kid took about 5 steps after dropping the football.(+1 for Texas)

How many chop blocks can you get called for before you get ejected? The reason a chop block is a personal foul is for player safety issues.(+1 for Nebraska)

The kickoff where the Texas returner dropped the ball on the 1 yard line but was ruled down was clearly the wrong call, Texas was able to move the ball out of there which in retrospect seems to be ingored.(+1 Texas)

The clock issue, the ball does hit the ground with time on the clock, that issue seems to be not argued by the most ardent Cornhusker supporters but the issue of why it was reviewed is the issue. I think for both schools sake the NCAA or the Big 12 should really make a strong statement for both schools about this today. If the play is reviewable then it is owed to your shool to clarify the rule it should be explained to Texas as well to give them the peace of mind that they won fairly. If it should not have been reviewed then let the sh#t storm continue.

I think the balance of bad calls was about even, the real question is the clock and I would like to see an explanation today from the powers that be.

Do you even know anything about football? If a player touches the ball while he is down, THE BALL IS DOWNED, doesn't matter if he has possession or not. you see it on kickoffs all the time. it was the correct call.

He had the ball then fumbled it, then when down, then got up and picked up the ball, he wasn't down. Keep posting though because if there is some mythical statue of so called classy knowledgeable Nebraska fans you do your best to chip it away with every post you type.

Problem is, the player didn't appear down. His knees never touched the ground