Bought off refs = Texas win.

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes

fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PD...4f15136079d.pdf

Oh! Nice correction!

the reffing was horrible last night, but it didn't favor texas any. one of the biggest miscalls was when the UT kick returned fell on the one. he didin't have the ball so we caught a huge break and they were lucky we didn't get a safety out of it.

anyways... whether or not the :01 was reviewable, the fact is there should have been one second left. the game is 60:00, not 59:59, so Texas won the game, no matter how stupid Colt McCoy's last play was.

The correct call was made, and I don't think its debatable. How many times before that play did they have to reset the clock during the game? At least three if I remember correctly. I know it sucks to lose that way, but there was clearly a second left when the ball hit.

Of course you don't think it's debatable. If it had happened the other way around, I wouldn't think it's debatable either. It would appear, however, according to a previous post in this thread, that the rules do not allow for this type of situation to be reviewed. So, if UT had been screwed because the person running the official game clock, well, that would be too bad, you know? Instead, the clock was allowed to run out. If the previous poster is correct, that is not a reviewable call. That, my Longhorn Lovin' Friend, would make it debatable.

Enough with the "Moral" Victories... seriously it gets amazingly old, and quickly... I don't know if people think this is intramurals or what... but "Moral" victories mean jack in the Big 12. Or maybe I'm the only one who's not ok with losing a close game, maybe I'm the only one who wants to see us run over teams again

Simple fact is we had it, and let it slip like we have so many times before... (Last year Va Tech, TTU, this year Va Tech, ISU (kinda), Texas all come to mind immediately)

I'll be the first to tell you, when they did review that play they got the right call... but we're all upset because it should have never been an issue to begin with... the game clock read 00:00... game over

Both teams made horrible calls over the course of the game, but it feels like Texas got bailed out on their mistakes multiple times and it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

:yeah

the reffing was horrible last night, but it didn't favor texas any. one of the biggest miscalls was when the UT kick returned fell on the one. he didin't have the ball so we caught a huge break and they were lucky we didn't get a safety out of it.

anyways... whether or not the :01 was reviewable, the fact is there should have been one second left. the game is 60:00, not 59:59, so Texas won the game, no matter how stupid Colt McCoy's last play was.

At this point, I'm saying that it's not relevant whether there was really one second left on the clock or not when the pass went out of bounds. If the clock was allowed to run out, and this is not reviewable by rule, then the game ends. I am a "trust but verify" kind of guy, so I will see if I can verify this rule for myself. Until then, I'm saying that we got screwed because Texas didn't get screwed. How's that for logic. ;)

Time can always be added and taken away by the refs if they see fit.

WE LOST GET OVER IT

If the refs were not sure whether or not there was time left when the ball hit something out of bounds, and the play is not allowed to be reviewed by instant replay, then the game should have ended.

Through all this, it does not make me any less proud of the way the Huskers played. They earned it all and left it all on the field. You can't ask for anything more.

Game's over...stop whining about it.

The reason it came down to that in the first place was a pathetic offense that couldn't gain any yards or eat any time off the clock in the 4th quarter leaving Texas 1:40 seconds to win the game. When I saw the time remaining after that final field goal, I knew Texas had it in the bag and that's even with me hating Texas...

The kick out of bounds wasn't a big sin...the fact that no time was burned on a kick off return was

Asante's penalty was just something that happens (who knows how far the play would have gone if he hadn't done that). It was the clock stopping because of the penalty that hurt.

There were ample opportunities to win this game regardless of the final second. The defense and especially special team play (a blocked punt, two great returns) put the Huskers in a position to score some points yet they blew them...

By the way...I think Mack Brown had a horrible game plan coming into this game. Coach of the year? Ha!

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock Texas losing, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PD...4f15136079d.pdf

<_<

Just posted this in another thread:

There is so much stuff going around I don't know what to believe but this is the Big 12 Championship...an explanation is clearly due. I am sure there must be reporters digging through archives right now...surely there must be another college football game in history where the clock was out and time was put back on and gave a team another play? If so, I'd really like to see how the circumstances stack up against what happened tonight.

Look if this has precedence in past and rule can be explained to Bo and TO then so be it. But, if not then this is serious crap and NU should be Big 12 Champ.

no, if we got robbed, we tell the big 12 we are joining another conference,

just join another one anyways. What exactly is Nebraska getting out of this except getting shafted? Atleast if we played in another conference we could schedule Oklahoma every year like we use to play them......

You guys have got to be kidding me if you actually believe that Nebraska would leave the Big 12 because of this call...

+100000

I get real tired of people saying "We should leave the conference because we get hosed all the time....blah blah. does any of these cry babies ever stop to think about the implications of such?

Look, the Big 12 is where we belong. We go join the Big 11, you can say GOOD BYE to all those skill players we have from the southern states. We'll just be Wisconsin with an "N" on the side of our helmets.

GET OVER IT AND QUIT YOUR CRYING.

We lost. It was our own fault at the last.